background sounds

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

User avatar
frank1970
Posts: 941
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Bayern

Post by frank1970 »

Living near a very big NATO training area, I know the sound of a lot of modern weapons.
I found one real big mistake in all the sounds of your bigger weapons: You created the impact or the shot but you hear of course both of them. It is like this:
Bang (artillery/tank shot), time goes by, Bang (shell hit something and exploded).
You can hear the shooting and the explosion noise a very long distance (the explosion about 30km, the shot about 10km, depending of the wind situation, the leaves of trees, etc pp.)
So all your sounds sound only "half" for me Image .
Think about it.
If you like what I said love me,if you dislike what I say ignore me!

"Extra Bavaria non est vita! Et sic est vita non est ita!"

waynef
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2000 8:00 am
Location: plano, tx,usa

Post by waynef »

Try playing the game wearing headphones! I have Altec Lansing speakers with bass. Sounds great when you crank up the headphones late at night so noone can hear you! Image
"At My Signal...Unleash Hell"
Thanks, Wayne
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”