Ban kelproit62!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Post Reply
User avatar
Kraut
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:29 pm
Location: Germany

Ban kelproit62!

Post by Kraut »

Another spambot!
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Posts: 3943
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

I wish I knew why his was happening.

At least I learned how to use the "ignore feature" this time.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Grok
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Col. SC USA
Contact:

Post by Grok »

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
I wish I knew why his was happening.

At least I learned how to use the "ignore feature" this time.


I'm beginning to wonder if these bots are activated by a member posting...
"My teeth have more bite, than your mouth has bark!"
User avatar
Kraut
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:29 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Kraut »

Originally posted by Grok
I'm beginning to wonder if these bots are activated by a member posting...


I guess a spammer registers under that name and then turns his bot loose.
Grok
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Col. SC USA
Contact:

Post by Grok »

Originally posted by Kraut
I guess a spammer registers under that name and then turns his bot loose.
I suppose so, but it ought to be illegal...oh, wait...IT IS! If I remember correctly, any unsolicited advertisement, as in e-mails, is illegal, which also applys to forums. As it was explained to me, spammers, regardless of intent, use up bandwidth and thus steal what isn't theirs. In this case, it can't even be argued that since a messege board is a public forum, a spammer has the same right to come in and advertize as any legitimate member, since spamming violates the intent of the forum. Oh, well...
"My teeth have more bite, than your mouth has bark!"
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

Kelproit62 has been deleted along with all posts.
User avatar
Kraut
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:29 pm
Location: Germany

Post by Kraut »

Originally posted by Paul Vebber
Kelproit62 has been deleted along with all posts.


Great, thanks!

Can you track down the spammer himself? Grok says this is illegal, so you might be able to file charges.
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

We have an IP, its been "killfiled". I made teh msitake of deleting the files, then deleting the nmae - the bot ran a bit in between.

If you see any posts I missed just use the "report post" thingy to let us know.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”