Anyone got any bright ideas?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Post Reply
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Post by warspite1 »

I have a disabled account with Steam. It has been disabled because of a suspected hijacking of the account.

As a result I cannot load any games or use my account. I have contacted Steam "Support" but over a week later - and a number of chasers - I have received no response at all.

There is no other way I can see to get in touch with these people. Has anyone come across this problem or have any bright ideas what I can do?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
wings7
Posts: 4586
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:59 am
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Post by wings7 »

Robert, I wish I had an idea [&:], I'm sure someone here will be able to help you. In the meantime keep contacting Steam.

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
User avatar
VPaulus
Posts: 3692
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 pm
Location: Portugal

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Post by VPaulus »

No idea, besides what you have already done.

How did they informed you, that they suspected your account was hijacked? By email?

Please keep us informed.
User avatar
Qwixt
Posts: 901
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:33 am

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Post by Qwixt »

Steam support is glacial. I created a ticket on Aug 19th, and it took them about 2 weeks to answer that first ticket. They replied with with a cut-n-paste suggestion to verify cache. They did not even read my question/ticket. So I replied, and the next time they replied after a week they told me to contact the seller, which was inappropriate for the question. So that's where it stands now. I am waiting for the incompetent morons to reply in about a week.

So ticket created the 19th. First reply after not reading ticket on Aug 30. Second reply to try and get rid of me instead of fixing the issue and looking into it received on Sept 5th.

Good luck dealing with the imbeciles.
User avatar
2ndACR
Posts: 5524
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:32 am
Location: Irving,Tx

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Post by 2ndACR »

Another reason I refuse to have a thing to do with Steam, be damned if I will "buy" a game and then get screwed over. Same as with Verizon FIOS, you can "buy" movies on their account, but if you move to where you cannot have FIOS, your toast.

If it don's have a physical, I ain't buying.
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Qwixt

Steam support is glacial. I created a ticket on Aug 19th, and it took them about 2 weeks to answer that first ticket. They replied with with a cut-n-paste suggestion to verify cache. They did not even read my question/ticket. So I replied, and the next time they replied after a week they told me to contact the seller, which was inappropriate for the question. So that's where it stands now. I am waiting for the incompetent morons to reply in about a week.

So ticket created the 19th. First reply after not reading ticket on Aug 30. Second reply to try and get rid of me instead of fixing the issue and looking into it received on Sept 5th.

Good luck dealing with the imbeciles.
warspite1

Good grief, sorry to hear that....

There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to actually speak to someone when you need to. I did not expect there to be an answer but I thought it was worth a try.

Thanks for the responses.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Josh
Posts: 2568
Joined: Tue May 09, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Leeuwarden, Netherlands

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Post by Josh »

Well that sucks, that's the last thing you want to happen with your Steam account. All I can think of to advice you is the same as posters above said, keep contacting them... and a prayer or two never hurt nobody [:)]
I buy via Steam, but I sure keep my library small, and only games I can lose if my account goes poof.
 
User avatar
Kineas
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:52 pm
Location: EU

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Post by Kineas »

ORIGINAL: Josh

I buy via Steam, but I sure keep my library small, and only games I can lose if my account goes poof.

Me too. I consider opening multiple Steam accounts (perfectly legal) just to minimize the money put into each one. Imagine losing an account with several dozen games...
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Kineas

ORIGINAL: Josh

I buy via Steam, but I sure keep my library small, and only games I can lose if my account goes poof.

Me too. I consider opening multiple Steam accounts (perfectly legal) just to minimize the money put into each one. Imagine losing an account with several dozen games...
warspite1

Do you need different e-mail addresses/computers to do that?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
Titanwarrior89
Posts: 3282
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:07 pm
Location: arkansas
Contact:

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

You would think they would respond much faster to keep their business running.  Looks like a good formula for losing customers.  I feel for you.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
User avatar
Boomer78
Posts: 333
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:12 am

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Post by Boomer78 »

I know it sucks to have games on a network that you can't access. That's the threat of any kind of cloud gaming. I'd wash my hands of it if I were you. Steam is not worth it. They are a snake in the grass. There's plenty of other vendors to get games from, ones that will have better customer support, prices, and no ugly network problems (Matrix, GOG, and GamersGate just to name a few).
"Fly, god dammit it fly! God damn cheap Japanese flying packs!"
User avatar
Jamm
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:58 pm

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Post by Jamm »

My Steam account got messed up a couple years ago and as a result can no longer play boxed copies of Dawn of War series and Empire Total War.
I will not knowingly buy another game from them.
Same thing just happened to a friend and he can't enjoy the new X-Com.
When the going gets weird,... the weird turn pro
Hunter S Thompson

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamm-wor ... =bookmarks
User avatar
Kineas
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:52 pm
Location: EU

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Post by Kineas »

warspite1

Do you need different e-mail addresses/computers to do that?

Single computer (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8963-EIKC-3767), but probably multiple email addresses.

I never heard such horror stories as the ones posted before. I'd say the those are not support cases but legal cases. Probably in the steam EULA they deny every responsibility.
User avatar
Gilmer
Posts: 1523
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:01 pm
Contact:

RE: Anyone got any bright ideas?

Post by Gilmer »

I had an issue once with them and what I did was I started emailing people individually as I found out their emails. I eventually got some help. I had a situation where my email that I registered with was no longer available to me and I couldn't reset my password. I emailed their sales department, and any individual whose email address I could get hold of and also anyone who was set up with the email system where you can send them messages.

http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php?recipient=Dina+Nelson

See url. There's a drop down list. I am pretty sure I just started sending messages over and over until someone replied directly to me.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”