lbm viewer

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
User avatar
MindSpy
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat May 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

lbm viewer

Post by MindSpy »

does anyone know where i can dload the lbm viewer?

MindSpy
User avatar
Alby
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Contact:

Post by Alby »

Originally posted by MindSpy:
does anyone know where i can dload the lbm viewer?

MindSpy
go here to Steel Lightning
http://slightning.thegamers.net/whatsnew.html

Look under sp2 or 3 accesories, youll find an lbm viewer there, also some good lbms for sp2 and 3

User avatar
MindSpy
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat May 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by MindSpy »

YEEHA

Gotta love the Matrix

Thanks Alby much appreciated.

MindSpy
User avatar
Alby
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Contact:

Post by Alby »

Originally posted by MindSpy:
YEEHA

Gotta love the Matrix

Thanks Alby much appreciated.

MindSpy
Anytime my good man!!
Steel Lightning used to be my first stop on the net!! In fact thats where I first heard about spwaw


User avatar
MindSpy
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat May 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by MindSpy »

Gee I`m having a horrible time locating the LBM viewer/editor

Any precise directions would be appreciated!

MindSpy
User avatar
skukko
Posts: 1046
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by skukko »

post the address here, I've been looking for it also, but never had enough time. (I'll have to play )

Ain't this funny: I definatly don't need all the finetuners that guys have done to this game, but I'll have to have them all, just in case...

mosh
salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again
User avatar
Don Doom
Posts: 1984
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Lost somewhere in the upper backwoods of Michigan!

Post by Don Doom »

"This page was once the site of the premier leader in Steel Panthers I, II, and III support from 1995-2000. Our extensive, talented staff was responsible for many of the custom add-ons for SP1, and the SP3 conversion to Steel Panthers: Squad Leader which was the launching point for Steel Panthers: World at War. A host of talented volunteers were on site including Mike Amos, George Grasse, Kevin Greer, Jon Johnson, Stuart Millis, Bryan Melvin, Patrick Siebelink, and Michael Wood.

We thank David Heath and Wild Bill Wilder for all the tremendous support over the years and to David Heath and TGN for hosting the site. We especially thank the thousands of fans that have supported our efforts and made us so successful.

Steel Lightning was created by Scott Grasse in 1995. Maintenance on the site was stopped in the spring of 2000 during the final months of production of SPWAW. The site officially shut down on January 12, 2001."


The above was posted on the steel lighting site, looks like we will not be able to get the IBM viewer anymore!

Doom
Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining
User avatar
Warhorse
Posts: 5382
Joined: Fri May 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Birdsboro, PA, USA
Contact:

Post by Warhorse »

MindSpy, what are you trying to do, just view them, or what? I have Paintshop Pro 6, and it will view them, don't know if that helps or not?! You can get a shareware version of this, I believe, would do the trick. View something like 36 different image formats.

------------------
Mike Amos
Meine Ehre Heisst Treue
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
User avatar
MindSpy
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat May 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by MindSpy »

Originally posted by Warhorse:
MindSpy, what are you trying to do, just view them, or what? I have Paintshop Pro 6, and it will view them, don't know if that helps or not?! You can get a shareware version of this, I believe, would do the trick. View something like 36 different image formats.

Good Idea.
I haven't checked Tucows in awhile!

MindSpy
User avatar
MindSpy
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat May 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by MindSpy »

Originally posted by MindSpy:

Good Idea.
I haven't checked Tucows in awhile!

MindSpy
MindSPy:I was looking to use an editor ...
however, I was unable to find an LBM viewer/editor in TUCOWS. A site for freeware.

Particularly one that would fit on a diskette.

I did receive this message though from
the Wargamer though ...


Ivan Bajlo
ICQ #31946242

Editor of The Wargamer's Steel Panthers and TOAW sections
The Wargamer at http://www.wargamer.com/

Croatian STEEL PANTHERS site http://www.inet.hr/steelpanthers/
Croatian scenarios, LBM and SHP graphics...

ACDSeev 2.4+ works nicely http://www.acdsystems.com/english/products/

Also in Paint Shop Pro 5.0+ you can both view and edit LBM's

Thank You Kindly

all.


MindSpy
User avatar
Alby
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Contact:

Post by Alby »

Originally posted by Alby:
Originally posted by MindSpy:
Gee I`m having a horrible time locating the LBM viewer/editor

Any precise directions would be appreciated!

MindSpy

Man My bad mindspy, looks like that site has changed dramatically, in fact it looks shut down, too bad, was a great site. I still have the viewer in a zipfile, only 285k.
its called iview266(infraview?) anyway i can email it to ya if you like, just let me know...
Alby


User avatar
Alby
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Contact:

Post by Alby »

Hey dude, did that thing work for ya that I sent???

Securitas
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2000 10:00 am

Post by Securitas »

Irfanview is still available, and is now much better than before. Go to
http://www.irfanview.com/

and you can get a copy there. It opens LBM files and a lot of other things as well. Really handy, and its freeware.

------------------
Securitas
_________________________
88 is a really nice number
Securitas
_________________________
88 is a really nice number
User avatar
Alby
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Contact:

Post by Alby »

Originally posted by Securitas:
Irfanview is still available, and is now much better than before. Go to
http://www.irfanview.com/

and you can get a copy there. It opens LBM files and a lot of other things as well. Really handy, and its freeware.

Thats the one i sent him
has it been recently improved?


User avatar
skukko
Posts: 1046
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by skukko »

Hmh .. so close I had it... I must be blind..
PS6 ->noway, I mean I am blind..must be this gaming all night long stuff.. Image

mosh
salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again
User avatar
MindSpy
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat May 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by MindSpy »

Thank you (also from the DEUL)
for all the info on LBM viewers for free.

The solution MindSpy and theDEUL are using is to just dload Analog screen/window capture for free from Tucows!
Then using the unregistered version sent to us ArtGem or the free software program from Tucows IRFAN (note only used this IRFAN program to open files as once set to be the opening program many problems occurred prompting a visit to the registry to edit it away near as we could figure when IRFAN was set as the dominant program to recognize image files : saving files then went screwy
somehow the IRFAN program could not save image files without causing them to be unviewable by Win98 inherent programs!)

a screen capture was made of the LBM files
Then all the icons were made in bmp paintmode.

AA Zz

DEUL
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”