Film Quotes

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
fodder
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Daytona Beach

RE: Film Quotes

Post by fodder »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: fodder

ORIGINAL: fodder

"Mutiny in the Ninth Fusiliers? Wellington and Marlborough would spin in their
graves, Major, what?"

No guesses? Hmm, I figured warspite1 would know this one, maybe I guess.

I give you another line from the movie.

"It's made from pumpkins"

warspite1

Sorry - it's not ringing any bells here [:(].

And I thought you knew all things British. I'm disillusioned. [:(]
Image
User avatar
fodder
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Daytona Beach

RE: Film Quotes

Post by fodder »

ORIGINAL: fodder

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

Top Secret!

Yep.

So so many good quotes from that movie...[:D]

Interesting that I've never heard of this one. (War movie fanatic that I am, even dumb parody movies) After watching the trailer, I'll pick this one up if I see it. Thanks for letting me know it's out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-YHw1sqjL8


I was at the farmers market today and what did I find for $1?

I watch it later today.
Image
User avatar
Curtis Lemay
Posts: 15410
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Houston, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: HighwayStar

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

"Small moves, Ellie, small moves."

Carl Sagan's "Contact".

Correct!

Now here's four easy ones. Since they're so easy, you have to get all four:

1. "Houston, we have a problem."

2. "That's one doodle that can't be undid, Home Skillet."

3. "Not you, fat Jesus."

4. "I drink your milkshake."

Posting this from Yopal, Colombia, by the way.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

"That's not a knife. This is a knife!"
warspite1

Crocodile Dundee
warspite1

Was this correct?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
Curtis Lemay
Posts: 15410
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Houston, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

"That's not a knife. This is a knife!"
warspite1

Crocodile Dundee
warspite1

Was this correct?

Sorry. Yes, of course that was correct.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

ORIGINAL: HighwayStar

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

"Small moves, Ellie, small moves."

Carl Sagan's "Contact".

Correct!

Now here's four easy ones. Since they're so easy, you have to get all four:

1. "Houston, we have a problem."

2. "That's one doodle that can't be undid, Home Skillet."

3. "Not you, fat Jesus."

4. "I drink your milkshake."

Posting this from Yopal, Colombia, by the way.
warspite1

Apart from No.1 I don't think these are easy. Any chance of another clue?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
Curtis Lemay
Posts: 15410
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Houston, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

ORIGINAL: HighwayStar




Carl Sagan's "Contact".

Correct!

Now here's four easy ones. Since they're so easy, you have to get all four:

1. "Houston, we have a problem."

2. "That's one doodle that can't be undid, Home Skillet."

3. "Not you, fat Jesus."

4. "I drink your milkshake."

Posting this from Yopal, Colombia, by the way.
warspite1

Apart from No.1 I don't think these are easy. Any chance of another clue?

3 was hard?? I've seen that one on T-shirts.

Hmmm. Kind of hard to come up with more quotes, but I'll try:

1. "If they could make a washing machine fly, my Jimmy could land it."

2. "Did you see that coming? Yeah...but I was hoping she was expelled or into hard drugs."

3. "There's a tiger in the bathroom!!" (This is practically giving it away.)

4. "I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people."
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay




Correct!

Now here's four easy ones. Since they're so easy, you have to get all four:

1. "Houston, we have a problem."

2. "That's one doodle that can't be undid, Home Skillet."

3. "Not you, fat Jesus."

4. "I drink your milkshake."

Posting this from Yopal, Colombia, by the way.
warspite1

Apart from No.1 I don't think these are easy. Any chance of another clue?

3 was hard?? I've seen that one on T-shirts.

Hmmm. Kind of hard to come up with more quotes, but I'll try:

1. "If they could make a washing machine fly, my Jimmy could land it."

2. "Did you see that coming? Yeah...but I was hoping she was expelled or into hard drugs."

3. "There's a tiger in the bathroom!!" (This is practically giving it away.)

4. "I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people."
warspite1

Well 1 is Apollo 13 and I think 3 is The Hangover
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
Neilster
Posts: 3010
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:52 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Neilster »

I'm pretty sure Apollo 13 got it right and they actually said "Houston, we've had a problem here".

Cheers, Neilster
Cheers, Neilster
User avatar
Curtis Lemay
Posts: 15410
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Houston, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Neilster

I'm pretty sure Apollo 13 got it right and they actually said "Houston, we've had a problem here".

Cheers, Neilster

In real life, yes. But not in the film.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Chickenboy »

Pretty sure #4 is "There will be blood". I'm still not getting close on number 2.
Image
User avatar
Curtis Lemay
Posts: 15410
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Houston, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Pretty sure #4 is "There will be blood". I'm still not getting close on number 2.

Alright, one more for #2:

person 1: " Your parents are probably wondering where you are."
person 2: "Nah... I mean, I'm already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?"
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
User avatar
Curtis Lemay
Posts: 15410
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Houston, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Pretty sure #4 is "There will be blood". I'm still not getting close on number 2.

Alright, one more for #2:

person 1: " Your parents are probably wondering where you are."
person 2: "Nah... I mean, I'm already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?"

Well, if no one has gotten it yet, I have to assume no one on this board saw the film, so:

1. was "Apollo 13", of course.

3. was "The Hangover".

4. was "There Will Be Blood".

and 2. was "Juno".
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

Okay here are three more:

1.

Person 1: Where's my daughter? What have you done with my daughter?
Person 2: Are you mad? I am your daughter.

2.

Person 1: Do you ever wonder if this war's going to catch up with us?

3.

Person 1: OK, a limosine that can fly. Now I have seen everything.
Person 2: Really? Have you seen a man eat his own head?
Person 1: No.
Person 2: So then, you haven't seen everything.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: warspite1
Person 1: OK, a limosine that can fly. Now I have seen everything.
Person 2: Really? Have you seen a man eat his own head?
Person 1: No.
Person 2: So then, you haven't seen everything.

Chitty chitty bang bang?
Image
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: warspite1
Person 1: OK, a limosine that can fly. Now I have seen everything.
Person 2: Really? Have you seen a man eat his own head?
Person 1: No.
Person 2: So then, you haven't seen everything.

Chitty chitty bang bang?
warspite1

Not quite, but close.....
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Aurelian
Posts: 4090
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Aurelian »

Team America: World Police
Building a new PC.
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

Team America: World Police
warspite1

Is the correct answer [:)]. That was about the cleanest quote I could find [;)]. Great, great film [&o]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
Gilmer
Posts: 1523
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:01 pm
Contact:

RE: Film Quotes

Post by Gilmer »

ORIGINAL: warspite1
ORIGINAL: Aurelian

Team America: World Police
warspite1

Is the correct answer [:)]. That was about the cleanest quote I could find [;)]. Great, great film [&o]

"I've got five terrorists going southeast on Bakalakadaka Street!" would have probably been too easy.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Film Quotes

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

ORIGINAL: warspite1
ORIGINAL: Aurelian

Team America: World Police
warspite1

Is the correct answer [:)]. That was about the cleanest quote I could find [;)]. Great, great film [&o]

"I've got five terrorists going southeast on Bakalakadaka Street!" would have probably been too easy.
warspite1

Indeed. And I decided against:

Gary Johnston: J****, this is a nice limo.
Spottswoode: Yes, it is. Now suck my ****.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”