Multiplayer

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

mikmykWS
Posts: 7185
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:34 pm

RE: Multiplayer

Post by mikmykWS »

We have some neat ideas for several major things we could do for Command including multiplayer. Our process is we need to stay on top of post release support, see what shakes out from players using the software and adjust our product plans accordingly. They will help us discover what really matters.


User avatar
Hexagon
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:36 am

RE: Multiplayer

Post by Hexagon »

In multiplayer i think that support team games and cover somekind of turn system (apart the real time) is the point for me.

We can talk apart this a battle generator system based in points for example that can hit to the multiplayer.

But again, maybe know if every new improvement in engine means a new game or a DLC is important for me, other thing is a full engine rework, i dont have problems when pay full price for a new game but when is the old game with a pair of features...
User avatar
nukkxx5058
Posts: 3141
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:57 pm
Location: France

RE: Multiplayer

Post by nukkxx5058 »

ORIGINAL: Galahad78

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Hello,

As we have previously stated multiplayer is still under development and will appear on a subsequent release of Command. As a result some of its details are not set in stone and we may be unable to provide many details until we are closer to releasing it. Our MP design takes multiple-side situations in consideration.

Thanks!

That means cooperative play will be possible?? That sounds great!! [&o]

Cooperative MP play is a must ! I can't wait !
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
User avatar
invernomuto
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Turin, Italy

RE: Multiplayer

Post by invernomuto »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

We have some neat ideas for several major things we could do for Command including multiplayer. Our process is we need to stay on top of post release support, see what shakes out from players using the software and adjust our product plans accordingly. They will help us discover what really matters.

Please consider the release of "significant" upgrade like multiplayer as paid DLC or module (like the "upgrades" for BFC Combat Mission series).
I really like the idea to have *one* single release that I can upgrade to the latest version of the engine without buying the entire game again.
Please do not take the "Harpoon Way" (dozen of releases, Admiral edition, ULTIMATE edition, etc)...
User avatar
nukkxx5058
Posts: 3141
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:57 pm
Location: France

RE: Multiplayer

Post by nukkxx5058 »

Please do not take the "Harpoon Way" (dozen of releases, Admiral edition, ULTIMATE edition, etc)

I fully agree !

Regarding multiplayer I wouldn't be shocked by a paid-for DLC.
Note that cooperative multi player games or team vs team is a must.
Winner of the first edition of the Command: Modern Operations COMPLEX PBEM Tournament (IKE) (April 2022) :-)
smudge56
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:31 am
Location: UK

RE: Multiplayer

Post by smudge56 »

Co op would be great. I can team up with one of you experts and help me win.[:)]
AKA - Smudge
User avatar
PipFromSlitherine
Site Admin
Posts: 1523
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 pm

RE: Multiplayer

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

ORIGINAL: ETF

Great thanks so much. Most of what I find on Matrix these days are just one player games with outdated IGO UGO systems. Or just PBEM. Really is this 2013?

Glad to see though that you are 1) moving ahead with a MP platform 2) That you are considering MP designs with multiple commands for MP players. This certainly is a step a head for your publisher.


Looking forward to the release. Looks like a real winner for you guys and Matrix!!
I'm not clear from your post what kind of MP you prefer, but our data shows that PBEM (specifically PBEM++) games are vastly more popular than connected MP modes. I think this is probably down to that fact that turns can be played in your own time, without worry about time-zones. And a full game doesn't require finding a solid hour/2/3 of uninterrupted time.

That said, people who enjoy connected MP really enjoy it, and so we do try and facilitate it was much as we can for game where it makes sense.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
smudge56
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:31 am
Location: UK

RE: Multiplayer

Post by smudge56 »

Keep it still rts no play by email for me. I'd enjoy coop too.
AKA - Smudge
User avatar
PipFromSlitherine
Site Admin
Posts: 1523
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 pm

RE: Multiplayer

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

ORIGINAL: Blighty56

Keep it still rts no play by email for me. I'd enjoy coop too.
To clarify, I'm not suggesting anything about Command (the guys are best placed to work out the best MP options for the game) - just answering the assertion that PBEM was somehow old-fashioned [:)].

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here
User avatar
Brausepaul
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:54 pm
Location: Braunschweig, Deutschland

RE: Multiplayer

Post by Brausepaul »

What is PBEM++?
smudge56
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:31 am
Location: UK

RE: Multiplayer

Post by smudge56 »

I was just giving my opinion as to what id prefer with the game. It seem to me a game like this needs to flow.

I'm enjoying the game anyhow.

Great work chaps.

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

ORIGINAL: Blighty56

Keep it still rts no play by email for me. I'd enjoy coop too.
To clarify, I'm not suggesting anything about Command (the guys are best placed to work out the best MP options for the game) - just answering the assertion that PBEM was somehow old-fashioned [:)].

Cheers

Pip

AKA - Smudge
Post Reply

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”