Debacle at Waterloo?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
sweeteye
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:06 am
Location: Ohio USA
Contact:

RE: My new old stlyle Waterloo board game map

Post by sweeteye »

Good one....[;)] Was just going to call it Waterloo but that has been done before.[:(]
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

User avatar
decaro
Posts: 4004
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:05 pm
Location: Stratford, Connecticut
Contact:

RE: My new old stlyle Waterloo board game map

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: sweeteye

Good one....[;)] Was just going to call it Waterloo but that has been done before.[:(]

Call it Mt. St. Jean -- no one else does.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
User avatar
sweeteye
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:06 am
Location: Ohio USA
Contact:

RE: My new old stlyle Waterloo board game map

Post by sweeteye »

Yes...Mont St Jean is a very relevant title.[X(] 1815 : Mont St Jean
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

User avatar
sweeteye
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:06 am
Location: Ohio USA
Contact:

RE: My new old stlyle Waterloo board game map

Post by sweeteye »

Here is the first finished template for the table top counters. These counters are for German minor country units...


Image
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

Aurelian
Posts: 4090
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm

RE: My new old stlyle Waterloo board game map

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

ORIGINAL: sweeteye

Good one....[;)] Was just going to call it Waterloo but that has been done before.[:(]

Call it Mt. St. Jean -- no one else does.

Somebody did once:)

La Bataille de Mont St.Jean by Clash of Arms. (Out of print now)
Building a new PC.
User avatar
nate25
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:17 pm
Location: Fishers Indiana

RE: My new old stlyle Waterloo board game map

Post by nate25 »

Sweeteye,

I'd really be interested in a copy of this. Please PM me. I love that it's done with NATO symbology like a wargame should.

Thanks, Nate
I have a subtle and cunning plan.
User avatar
sweeteye
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:06 am
Location: Ohio USA
Contact:

RE: My new old stlyle Waterloo board game map

Post by sweeteye »

Hi Nate....I can most certainly can set you up with a copy... I do have much work left to do in order to have everything set up for printing. Have many counters to make yet for the templates.....a good weeks worth of work most likely.Also have to write out the rulebook.Not sure how I am going to have the map printed..I want to make it nice....would like to keep the map as one piece...The one I had made for myself I had printed on vinyl paper...lays out flat even after being rolled into scroll.Also spill resistant.Was expensive though.. $ 43.00 for one copy...Counters will be a reasonable cost to make. I will PM you as I get more information on printing cost...
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

User avatar
sweeteye
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:06 am
Location: Ohio USA
Contact:

RE: My new old stlyle Waterloo board game map

Post by sweeteye »

Really do not know what to call the game...any ideas will be considered.[;)]
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: My new old stlyle Waterloo board game map

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: sweeteye

Really do not know what to call the game...any ideas will be considered.[;)]
warspite1

How 'bout:

1815: Wellington gives Bony the Boot!
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
sweeteye
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:06 am
Location: Ohio USA
Contact:

RE: My new old stlyle Waterloo board game map

Post by sweeteye »

[>:]
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: My new old stlyle Waterloo board game map

Post by warspite1 »

Not impressed then? [:D]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
sweeteye
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:06 am
Location: Ohio USA
Contact:

Waterloo

Post by sweeteye »

I was thinking more along the lines of 1815 : WATERBOO
to coincide with a Halloween release.
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

User avatar
sweeteye
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:06 am
Location: Ohio USA
Contact:

RE: Waterloo

Post by sweeteye »

Here are the British and German minor units....


Image


Image
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

User avatar
sweeteye
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:06 am
Location: Ohio USA
Contact:

RE: Waterloo

Post by sweeteye »

Here are the finished French counters plus a look at the Dutch Belgians after having to change their color.Different shades of red are printing out as basically the same color.Had to redraw the Anglo Allied counters again because I did not have the resolution set high enough on the first try and the counters were printing out with slightly blurred type.The Prussians are next plus the extra counters needed for playing...Disorganized and square counters....


Image


Image


Image


Image
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

User avatar
sweeteye
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:06 am
Location: Ohio USA
Contact:

RE: Waterloo

Post by sweeteye »

And finally.......The Prussian counters....Ready to assemble the counters.Have to glue the printed sheets onto the foam board backing and then hand cut the counters after they have dried.Have no way of die cutting the counters right now.My dining room has turned into a little home game making factory.I believe I have the hardest part of the game making process finished.


Image
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Waterloo

Post by warspite1 »

I hope you don't mind constructive criticism sweeteye. Why green for the Prussians? Grey surely?
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
nate25
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:17 pm
Location: Fishers Indiana

RE: Waterloo

Post by nate25 »

Looking good, Sweeteye.

PM me when you're ready to do the deal.

Nate
I have a subtle and cunning plan.
User avatar
sweeteye
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:06 am
Location: Ohio USA
Contact:

RE: Waterloo

Post by sweeteye »

I do not mind constructive criticism at all... I welcome it...I have the Anglo Allied German minor counters in grey.Thought about putting the Prussians in black.....will experiment each time I make a printing....I chose green for the Prussians only because the Avalon Hill Waterloo game has them in green...I may end up doing like I did the Dutch Belgians....only have the counters in black with green symbol boxes in the center.
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

Aurelian
Posts: 4090
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm

RE: Waterloo

Post by Aurelian »

The Prussians wore blue though. Prussian blue and French blue were close enough that in the distance you couldn't tell them apart.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4974 ... f-waterloo has a scan of Prussian/Anglo Allied units.
Building a new PC.
Aurelian
Posts: 4090
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm

RE: Waterloo

Post by Aurelian »


double post..
Building a new PC.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”