Jess' Beyond the Beachhead PBEM scenario
Moderator: MOD_SPWaW
Frustrated over how easy a time the Americans are having mopping us up!
Can't get my very limited armor up close enough to make a threat without loosing it, and my infantry is not killing enough of his infantry to make a difference. As soon as one of my squads opens up on his advancing infantry, they are immediately supressed by 2 or three American squads, then crushed by his supporting tanks.
Turn 28 of 52. Unless the American gets really careless, I don't think that I can more than scratch him as he advances towards Isigny. Better tell the troops to write that last letter home, and get ready to take as many Americans out as they can on the way to the promised land.
Can't get my very limited armor up close enough to make a threat without loosing it, and my infantry is not killing enough of his infantry to make a difference. As soon as one of my squads opens up on his advancing infantry, they are immediately supressed by 2 or three American squads, then crushed by his supporting tanks.
Turn 28 of 52. Unless the American gets really careless, I don't think that I can more than scratch him as he advances towards Isigny. Better tell the troops to write that last letter home, and get ready to take as many Americans out as they can on the way to the promised land.
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
I spot a PzIIIn and a JPz IV with no problems, then when I move in for the kill with my amphib tank (after several failed attempts with other tanks), the poor bastard finds another of the German's many 88s the hard way. Those things are everywhere!:mad: The only way to find them is to get shot at and most of the time when that happens I lose a tank.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
American tanks were feeling a bit invulnerable. Saw some isolated Armor (JPz-IV and a Pz-III) and American tanks started busting out of the woodlines all over the place, like somebody rang the dinner bell at a feeding frenzy. 88's put that Amphib to death, and the Pz-III shook off the supression to bag another MBT, the Jpz-IV also shook off the supression, but failed to scratch the big CS tank rolling down the road.
Who said the darned Navy could play in this game??:mad:
Navy gunfire just ruined some pretty good LOS for my 88's. Now we get to see if the American is feeling his oats, and feels safe enough to assault through the smoke with the knowledge that there is some real armor and Flamwagons left to deal with.
The road to Isigny just got a little longer...
Navy gunfire just ruined some pretty good LOS for my 88's. Now we get to see if the American is feeling his oats, and feels safe enough to assault through the smoke with the knowledge that there is some real armor and Flamwagons left to deal with.
The road to Isigny just got a little longer...
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
Originally posted by CPT Shoe
American tanks were feeling a bit invulnerable. Saw some isolated Armor (JPz-IV and a Pz-III) and American tanks started busting out of the woodlines all over the place, like somebody rang the dinner bell at a feeding frenzy. 88's put that Amphib to death, and the Pz-III shook off the supression to bag another MBT, the Jpz-IV also shook off the supression, but failed to scratch the big CS tank rolling down the road.
![]()
Who said the darned Navy could play in this game??:mad:
![]()
Navy gunfire just ruined some pretty good LOS for my 88's. Now we get to see if the American is feeling his oats, and feels safe enough to assault through the smoke with the knowledge that there is some real armor and Flamwagons left to deal with.
The road to Isigny just got a little longer...
Wood...............:rolleyes:
Shoe...you are the man! Kill R-man....and say..."this one was fir jess"

Im making war, not trouble~
Originally posted by rbrunsman
HEH!!! I'm the good guys here, Jess! Are you turning sissy on me and starting to like the Katz?
Sissy:mad:
Na....I just want to see you die....
oh....I forgot...you have 4 more scens in this series??:eek: :p
who loves ya R-man??

Im making war, not trouble~
Don't know how that American Engineer Tank still lives. Got good solid hits with my JPz-IV. I look at the penetration value of AP rounds Vs the thickest armor, and that Tank should be looking like a wheel of the finest Swiss. I hope at least I have immobilized it (like the big CS Tank last turn). Immobilized by fire is almost as good as a kill in this case, as it is one more tank that will not be knocking on the gates of Isigny.
My last pair of mortars are still lobbing rounds towards the Americans, but I sure wish I had a few more Nebelwerfers in my pocket. Cutting down the advancing infantry so that I might better ambush the armor is getting tricky!
At least I have managed to slow down the American Advance to a crawl. Got to see if I can hold out for 25 more turns (half of the turns behind us, and the American is Half way to Isigny).
My last pair of mortars are still lobbing rounds towards the Americans, but I sure wish I had a few more Nebelwerfers in my pocket. Cutting down the advancing infantry so that I might better ambush the armor is getting tricky!
At least I have managed to slow down the American Advance to a crawl. Got to see if I can hold out for 25 more turns (half of the turns behind us, and the American is Half way to Isigny).
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
I think you need to check the warranty on that Luchs you had in cover in that field. I destroyed it with a side hit from my trusty M1 rifle. Sad to report, there were no survivors.
I learned a lesson today too: "If there is a gap in the bocage surrounding a field, it is probably being covered by the enemy." One of my bazooka teams was wandering through the fields and thought he'd take a short cut, but instead he was cut short by a whithering burst from an MG.
I learned a lesson today too: "If there is a gap in the bocage surrounding a field, it is probably being covered by the enemy." One of my bazooka teams was wandering through the fields and thought he'd take a short cut, but instead he was cut short by a whithering burst from an MG.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
That danged Luchs should have performed better than that:mad:
Tried to reposition my JPz-IV, but I "clicked" to far away from the vehicle. It moved around the building on the wrong side, straight back into American fire:o I was lucky enough to survive the experience however, and I did learn that the Engineer tank from last turn is indeed immobilized:D
My Pz-III got a little too bold as well, but you must have used up all your luck taking out that Luchs with the M1, as it survived your BBQ attempt, shook off the heat and KO'ed the flame tank for good measure.
Flamwagen woke up to the smell of BBQ and decided to roast some Americans that were getting a little too close. Battle along the coast is "cooking" along pretty good, while farther inland the Americans continue to advance without major resistance (but very slowly and cautiously). Taking on my units one at a time in isolation is working well to the American advantage. I will have to try and fix that!
Lone mortar section continues to thump along while it still can, but I still dream of Nebelwerfers
Tried to reposition my JPz-IV, but I "clicked" to far away from the vehicle. It moved around the building on the wrong side, straight back into American fire:o I was lucky enough to survive the experience however, and I did learn that the Engineer tank from last turn is indeed immobilized:D
My Pz-III got a little too bold as well, but you must have used up all your luck taking out that Luchs with the M1, as it survived your BBQ attempt, shook off the heat and KO'ed the flame tank for good measure.
Flamwagen woke up to the smell of BBQ and decided to roast some Americans that were getting a little too close. Battle along the coast is "cooking" along pretty good, while farther inland the Americans continue to advance without major resistance (but very slowly and cautiously). Taking on my units one at a time in isolation is working well to the American advantage. I will have to try and fix that!
Lone mortar section continues to thump along while it still can, but I still dream of Nebelwerfers
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
Luck has certainly turned towards the German side. I am moving reinforcements up as fast as I can, but the advance is stalling against that village on the coast and the central road to Isigny which is at a choke point and I'm afraid to push through it.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
Flamwagons live in the smoke!:D
Saw a whole squad disappear in a single shot of molten flame. Run into the smoke you pesky Americans, run into the smoke!
I am wondering just how many of those original Rangers from Pointe du Hoc are still left alive moving around on this map?
I should have withdrawn more forces from my earlier stand up near the Pointe. If I had some of those StuG's that I lost early on, I could be really putting a hurting on you now.
Isigny must be feeling a long ways away today:)
Saw a whole squad disappear in a single shot of molten flame. Run into the smoke you pesky Americans, run into the smoke!
I am wondering just how many of those original Rangers from Pointe du Hoc are still left alive moving around on this map?
I should have withdrawn more forces from my earlier stand up near the Pointe. If I had some of those StuG's that I lost early on, I could be really putting a hurting on you now.
Isigny must be feeling a long ways away today:)
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
Rbrunsman must be too busy putting out the Flamwagon fires on his Americans to post...Gave him a few more crispy Americans for this turn just in case he thought he was done:D 
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
You're too fast for me. I was finishing my PBEM World Cup games before I came back to post.
Suffice to say, I didn't do too much but try to consolidate gains... and avoid the BBQ, which apparently didn't work.
Suffice to say, I didn't do too much but try to consolidate gains... and avoid the BBQ, which apparently didn't work.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
Holy Sh.t! Did I find an AAA park! I stumbled upon 3 88mm Flak Guns in the middle of a field out in the east. It is protected by at least 3 MG42s too. I got one of the 88s and called in all the arty I could to suppress those things so they don't wipe out my infantry. It was a good thing my infantry got there first.
In the west, along the coast, I took out another 88 and I spotted that **** Flammwagon. Unfortunately for me, I only had rifle grenades to shoot at it and I didn't get any lucky hits. I called in some mortar fire to hopefully run it off for a bit.
I think those other 2 88s and the 3 MG42s will be mine next turn.
In the center, I found a mine in the middle of the road the hard way. But it was just with infantry, so it wasn't so bad. I'm at a real choke point there and I have a 75mm AT Gun and the JgPanther to deal with, plus a few infantry squads. So, I'm sort of stuck there. I can't figure out how to get past that spot. With all the bocage, I'm being funnelled right into the German kill zones.
In the west, along the coast, I took out another 88 and I spotted that **** Flammwagon. Unfortunately for me, I only had rifle grenades to shoot at it and I didn't get any lucky hits. I called in some mortar fire to hopefully run it off for a bit.
I think those other 2 88s and the 3 MG42s will be mine next turn.
In the center, I found a mine in the middle of the road the hard way. But it was just with infantry, so it wasn't so bad. I'm at a real choke point there and I have a 75mm AT Gun and the JgPanther to deal with, plus a few infantry squads. So, I'm sort of stuck there. I can't figure out how to get past that spot. With all the bocage, I'm being funnelled right into the German kill zones.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
That AAA park was starting to feel sorry for themselves. Thought they were going to be left behind and out of the fight.
But, since you brought the fight to them, they will gladly decrease your numbers a little in support of thier comrades in Isigny.
Grand Camp on the coast has been holding up really well (Thanks to the Flamwagon), and has been building up a fair number of US casualties. I hope the little village alomg the main road farther inland does just as well!!
I fear the Psychological impact of loosing my biggest killer (13 for the trusty Flamwagon) who has been with me from the onset at Pointe du Hoc. The napalm tanks are just about dry, and the enemy has gotten too close for comfort. It is currently being pounded by indirect fire and may get too supressed to move. Now if I only actually had a platoon of those killers instead of just one...
But, since you brought the fight to them, they will gladly decrease your numbers a little in support of thier comrades in Isigny.
Grand Camp on the coast has been holding up really well (Thanks to the Flamwagon), and has been building up a fair number of US casualties. I hope the little village alomg the main road farther inland does just as well!!
I fear the Psychological impact of loosing my biggest killer (13 for the trusty Flamwagon) who has been with me from the onset at Pointe du Hoc. The napalm tanks are just about dry, and the enemy has gotten too close for comfort. It is currently being pounded by indirect fire and may get too supressed to move. Now if I only actually had a platoon of those killers instead of just one...
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
Thanks to a brave squad from the 116th Inf, the Germans won't be having any more BBQs at the expense of US footsoldiers! Hopefully that one kill will rally the men's spirits enough to help them liberate that village!
Things are going slower in the AAA park. I got one 88 and one MG42. Climbing through the bocage is taking longer than I thought it would and my tanks over there aren't going anywhere ahead of the foot soldiers. The east is lousy with AAA guns.
I'm still manuevering in the center, trying to get an angle on that bottleneck area.
Things are going slower in the AAA park. I got one 88 and one MG42. Climbing through the bocage is taking longer than I thought it would and my tanks over there aren't going anywhere ahead of the foot soldiers. The east is lousy with AAA guns.
I'm still manuevering in the center, trying to get an angle on that bottleneck area.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
It is a Black day in France indeed:(
At least mt JPz-IV and Pz-III still live!:mad:
Curse you... you bloody Americans, we will make you pay for that!
Curse you... you bloody Americans, we will make you pay for that!
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.
All I can say is that the American must be doing some tricky maneuvering, as the southern Advance has been all but non-existant (at least to my knowledge).
Along the coast, I still hold Grand Camp and except for some crews and badly mangled half squads, not counting the two immobilized american tanks on the outskirts, the Americans have not been brave enough to mount an assault. Along the central road, the I have a major choke point secured, and American activity seems to be limited to some limited artillery fire. In the East the American has put a serious dent in the '88 park, but the two remaining machine guns seem to be holding their own for the moment.
Beware those Boccage openings!
Along the coast, I still hold Grand Camp and except for some crews and badly mangled half squads, not counting the two immobilized american tanks on the outskirts, the Americans have not been brave enough to mount an assault. Along the central road, the I have a major choke point secured, and American activity seems to be limited to some limited artillery fire. In the East the American has put a serious dent in the '88 park, but the two remaining machine guns seem to be holding their own for the moment.
Beware those Boccage openings!
People like me should scare the hell out of you. Why? Because I can get inside your head. And once there, I run around like a squirrel through a habiTrail, flipping the switches that can make you do everything from craving a Pepsi to voting Republican.


