Where Have I Been?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

User avatar
rhondabrwn
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:47 am
Location: Snowflake, Arizona

Where Have I Been?

Post by rhondabrwn »

Hi friends,

Been among the missing of late...

Trying to get my ranch ready for a hard snowy winter ahead and that takes a lot of time and money, stocking up on hay and feed, stuff like candles for when I'm in the dark with limited solar power after cloudy winter days, lots of food for me as well! Cutting firewood, making repairs, getting improved shelter for my goats and my stallion, Storm.

Distraction over the shenanigans in Washington, of course.

On the plus side, I managed to get away from the ranch and head to Indianapolis to see my grandchildren!

So, picture time! Granddaughter is Cassandra and grandson is Ayden. Cassie is three months old now and Ayden just turned one year this week :)



Image

Image

Image
Attachments
20130927..4721_56.jpg
20130927..4721_56.jpg (62.8 KiB) Viewed 302 times
1381930_77..855728_n.jpg
1381930_77..855728_n.jpg (33.88 KiB) Viewed 302 times
Rhondalynn..cropped.jpg
Rhondalynn..cropped.jpg (66.4 KiB) Viewed 302 times
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
User avatar
rhondabrwn
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:47 am
Location: Snowflake, Arizona

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by rhondabrwn »

Met up with some old friends who I haven't seen in 15 years.

Somehow, Diane seems to have shrunk! I've never felt so tall in my life [:D]



Image
Attachments
IMAG0015.jpg
IMAG0015.jpg (43.29 KiB) Viewed 302 times
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Hi friends,

Been among the missing of late...

Trying to get my ranch ready for a hard snowy winter ahead and that takes a lot of time and money, stocking up on hay and feed, stuff like candles for when I'm in the dark with limited solar power after cloudy winter days, lots of food for me as well! Cutting firewood, making repairs, getting improved shelter for my goats and my stallion, Storm.

Distraction over the shenanigans in Washington, of course.

On the plus side, I managed to get away from the ranch and head to Indianapolis to see my grandchildren!

So, picture time! Granddaughter is Cassandra and grandson is Ayden. Cassie is three months old now and Ayden just turned one year this week :)


Image

warspite1

Ah, cute [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Met up with some old friends who I haven't seen in 15 years.

Somehow, Diane seems to have shrunk! I've never felt so tall in my life [:D]



Image
warspite1

Yes but you are not allowing for the fact that you are on the kerb and your friend is in the road. Let me guess? You are actually the same height? [;)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
rhondabrwn
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:47 am
Location: Snowflake, Arizona

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by rhondabrwn »

Can't forget all my "critters"...

I come home and everyone gathers to meet me... note my horse comes out and leads me up the ranchyard where the goats are gathered (plus a few dogs). It's kinda funny actually. Until they mob the truck to see if I have hay or grain in the back [:D]



Image

Image

Image
Attachments
IMAG0036.jpg
IMAG0036.jpg (79.89 KiB) Viewed 302 times
IMAG0034.jpg
IMAG0034.jpg (63.08 KiB) Viewed 302 times
IMAG0032.jpg
IMAG0032.jpg (79.26 KiB) Viewed 302 times
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
User avatar
rhondabrwn
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:47 am
Location: Snowflake, Arizona

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by rhondabrwn »

And that's my update!

Like the Starks in "Game of Thrones".. my motto is "Winter is Coming"

Resolved not use any propane for heat this year, wood stove or die!

Didn't build a fire tonight, but the house is down to 60 degrees already and I'm wrapped in a quilt and shaking like a leaf. Going to dive into bed with a few dogs to get warm. House will be in the low 50's by dawn. Our nighttime temps have been close to what I expect for most of the winter... just above freezing, though we'll hit the teens by January. Hoping to have at least six cords of wood cut in the next couple of weeks so I can keep the stove going constantly.

The low house temps have dampened my late night gaming activities, which is another reason for my not being around as much.

But I'll always be here in spirit!
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33489
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by Orm »

Hoping to have at least six cords of wood cut in the next couple of weeks so I can keep the stove going constantly.
Cutting your own wood keeps you warm twice. [;)]

Edit: You need some furs to keep you warm while gaming.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by warspite1 »

I hope the winter isn't too harsh Rhonda - best wishes.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
Missouri_Rebel
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Southern Missouri

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Thanks for sharing and stay safe and warm. Be careful of burning that cedar too much. You can destroy a firebox in no time.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33489
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Hi friends,

Been among the missing of late...

Trying to get my ranch ready for a hard snowy winter ahead and that takes a lot of time and money, stocking up on hay and feed, stuff like candles for when I'm in the dark with limited solar power after cloudy winter days, lots of food for me as well! Cutting firewood, making repairs, getting improved shelter for my goats and my stallion, Storm.

Distraction over the shenanigans in Washington, of course.

On the plus side, I managed to get away from the ranch and head to Indianapolis to see my grandchildren!

So, picture time! Granddaughter is Cassandra and grandson is Ayden. Cassie is three months old now and Ayden just turned one year this week :)


Image

warspite1

Ah, cute [:)]
Really, really, cute. And she looks so tiny.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
rhondabrwn
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:47 am
Location: Snowflake, Arizona

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Met up with some old friends who I haven't seen in 15 years.

Somehow, Diane seems to have shrunk! I've never felt so tall in my life [:D]



Image
warspite1

Yes but you are not allowing for the fact that you are on the kerb and your friend is in the road. Let me guess? You are actually the same height? [;)]

No, that isn't a curb... we're on the level! We were neighborhood activists back in the late 70's in the near east side of Indianapolis. She was really heavy then and I guess I perceived her bulk as size, I guess. Honestly, I was glad to have other people driving me around, I didn't recognize Indianapolis after being away for 10 years. I kinda got reoriented by the end of the visit.

Anyway it was good to see her again. The picture was taken in the Fountain Square district of SE Indianapolis. It's one of the old Indy neighborhoods in the inner city. It's been turned into a restaurant and boutique area now, but still has the old charm.
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
User avatar
rhondabrwn
Posts: 2570
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:47 am
Location: Snowflake, Arizona

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by rhondabrwn »

Oh, and I recently picked up a wannabe boyfriend... Scott is 6'5" and about 280 pounds.. he makes me feel tiny LOL

He's been very helpful and flattering, but weird... no chance of it going beyond friendship, at least from my perspective. Good conversationalist though and has an interesting life story... some of it violent and downright scary though. He's not a guy you want to get angry at you.

Well, probably way too much information, eh guys [:D]
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
User avatar
parusski
Posts: 4789
Joined: Mon May 08, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Jackson Tn
Contact:

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by parusski »

Well I wondered where you had wandered off to. Looks like you had fun.

Now back to our forum.[;)]
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
User avatar
wings7
Posts: 4586
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:59 am
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by wings7 »

Good to hear from you Rhondalynn and welcome back!

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
User avatar
decaro
Posts: 4004
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:05 pm
Location: Stratford, Connecticut
Contact:

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

And that's my update!

Like the Starks in "Game of Thrones".. my motto is "Winter is Coming"

Resolved not use any propane for heat this year, wood stove or die!

Didn't build a fire tonight, but the house is down to 60 degrees already and I'm wrapped in a quilt and shaking like a leaf. Going to dive into bed with a few dogs to get warm ...

A "Three Dog Night"?
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
User avatar
berto
Posts: 21461
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2002 1:15 am
Location: metro Chicago, Illinois, USA
Contact:

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by berto »


Country life -- I'm envious.
ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Going to dive into bed with a few dogs to get warm.
That's what Scott is for. [:'(]
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
vonRocko
Posts: 1454
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:05 pm

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by vonRocko »

Nice family Rhonda. I like your horse, they are amazing animals.Good luck this winter!
Josh
Posts: 2568
Joined: Tue May 09, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Leeuwarden, Netherlands

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by Josh »

Thx for the pics Rhonda [:)]
Love the pics of your "herd", Storm is the one that went MIA right? (as in seeing his g/f in the next meadow)
280 pounds you say... blimey that's pretty big, then again if he is a wargamer...he *is* a wargamer right? that would be your chance to play WiF [:D]
 
"...He's been very helpful and flattering, but weird... no chance of it going beyond friendship..." yeah that's okay I know the feeling. Friendship okay but nothing more.
User avatar
Titanwarrior89
Posts: 3282
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 4:07 pm
Location: arkansas
Contact:

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

You have been blessed with a beautiful family.  Great photos.  Hope your visit was great.[;)]
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
t001001001
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:06 pm

RE: Where Have I Been?

Post by t001001001 »

Image
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”