Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

Even with "Target of opportunities" turned OFF - With Build 469 it will automatically turn on at some point and every ship (regardless of inside of a group or not) will launch tomahawks where they see fit.

It would be one thing if they did this when you gave the "all go" type signal. But really hurting my ability to play when trying to set something up and out of the blue I have 20 tomahawks in the air...
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

I'm playing Iranian Drum mission - I have tried editing the mission to make sure targets of opportunity is seleced off (inherintely) as well as trying to double turn them off again once mission starts. Yet at some point it switches to ON. Pretty much as soon as the first A to A engagement happens...
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

Is there a way to stop this from happening? basically has my ability to use CMANO at a stand still. Lots of energy / time into setting up my layout only within several mins of gameplay for my entire BG to start launching.
thewood1
Posts: 10421
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by thewood1 »

I don't think 460 had the target of opportunity setting. Sounds like you have the versions mixed up.
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

I"m on the latest public release Build 469 -

Within the first 2 mins of the Operation Drum (Iran mission). My Battle Group has launched over 110 Tomahawk missiles. Does this seem right??
thewood1
Posts: 10421
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by thewood1 »

I let mine run for an hour and not launched a single Tomahawk. The SAG was constantly launching SAMs at what appears to be Iranian CAP Mig-29s, but nothing else.
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

Really?? I've restarted this mission now 5 times. This last time I did not launch a single aircraft (well a two ship of F-35s to try and play test something else) and within 2 mins I had over 100 Tomahawk's lanuched.
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

See attached

Image
Attachments
Drum2.jpg
Drum2.jpg (283.94 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

Here targeting on own -

Image
Attachments
Drum1.jpg
Drum1.jpg (300.31 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
thewood1
Posts: 10421
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by thewood1 »

I saw in the support section that the bug is in setting an entire side's ROE. It looks like opportunity never gets fully set. I always set ROE by groups.
thewood1
Posts: 10421
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by thewood1 »

Interestingly, when I start it up, the default ROE is do not engage targets of opportunity. Does yours start up as Yes?
thewood1
Posts: 10421
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by thewood1 »

I switched opportunity fire to yes, it took it, and immediately fired off Tomahawks. That is the behavior I would expect from the game.
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

Yes. Mine is auto set to yes. Even when I switch it to "No". Still auto switches itself back to Yes.
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

And how does one set ROEs BY GROUP?? Where is this option? I only see setting by the entire Side.
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

There is some type of BUG going on with my Build. I can go in through the editor. Open up the Iran Drum mission. I can go to editor tab. Click slides. Click ROE for any particular side. And for USA. It will switch between YES and NO (on targets of opportunity) right before my eyes. Click on and look, it will show NO. Close it. recheck the ROE tab and it will then show YES???
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

I have went and Reinstalled another DL of Build 469 - Thus far my battle group is not auto targeting with 100s of tomahawks now! I guess one should never touch the Side ROEs. perhaps.
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

Though if one wants to adjust the proficency scale I think you come in contact with reshaping ROEs per side perhaps. As this is all I adjusted before.
Dimitris
Posts: 16005
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:29 am
Contact:

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by Dimitris »

Can we please get a step-by-step to precisely reproduce the problem?
thewood1
Posts: 10421
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:24 pm
Location: Boston

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by thewood1 »

btw, as the manual states, you can adjust ROE by group from the info box on the right. Select a group, click on ROE in the info box, click change. CHange any ROE for the group.
TMP95
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:34 pm

RE: Build 469 - Ships constantly firing Tomahawks

Post by TMP95 »

Still doing it with reinstalled 469 Build -

What is happening. I"m playing Operation Drum (Iran mission). If I start game up and don't do anything. Make one decision. Only thing BG will do is launch some self-defense RIM shots at MIG-29s.

However, if I plot 1 aircraft course, put one aircraft on the map. The entire battle group will auto matically switch its "target of opportunity" from OFF to ON. Thus launching every tomahawk within mins.

Latest pic, new reinstalled 469 build. less than 2 mins in.

Image
Attachments
DRUM3.jpg
DRUM3.jpg (261.21 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
Post Reply

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”