Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions without suffering a penalty?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
hardcoregamer
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions without suffering a penalty?

Post by hardcoregamer »

If a race has become a Subjugated Dominion, then can I send ships through its space without triggering war? And what about free trade? Do I get that also?
User avatar
Darkspire
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:07 pm
Location: My Own Private Hell

RE: Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions without suffering a penalty?

Post by Darkspire »

ORIGINAL: hardcoregamer

If a race has become a Subjugated Dominion, then can I send ships through its space without triggering war? And what about free trade? Do I get that also?

If I was faced with the same question of what would happen in a given situation I would save the game with a test file name and then send some ships through to see what happens, it it is a large empire that is subjugated then I may even be able to monitor the credits influx, have a look at the diplomacy screen and work out if the free trade is available due to the time it takes for the ship(s) to travel through the other empires space.

Much more in the spirit of exploration then stopping every five minutes to ask 'what happens if I press this button' and waiting for someone to give me the answers.

Darkspire
hardcoregamer
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 4:11 pm

RE: Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions without suffering a penalty?

Post by hardcoregamer »

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

ORIGINAL: hardcoregamer

If a race has become a Subjugated Dominion, then can I send ships through its space without triggering war? And what about free trade? Do I get that also?

If I was faced with the same question of what would happen in a given situation I would save the game with a test file name and then send some ships through to see what happens, it it is a large empire that is subjugated then I may even be able to monitor the credits influx, have a look at the diplomacy screen and work out if the free trade is available due to the time it takes for the ship(s) to travel through the other empires space.

Much more in the spirit of exploration then stopping every five minutes to ask 'what happens if I press this button' and waiting for someone to give me the answers.

Darkspire

But what if I press the wrong button and everything blows up :(
garfield666
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:27 pm

RE: Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions without suffering a penalty?

Post by garfield666 »

ORIGINAL: Darkspire
If I was faced with the same question of what would happen in a given situation I would save the game
User avatar
Darkspire
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:07 pm
Location: My Own Private Hell

RE: Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions without suffering a penalty?

Post by Darkspire »

But what if I press the wrong button and everything blows up :(

Then you will have learned from your own experience not to press that button and will feel a warm fuzzy feeling of accomplishment, a feeling you will not get from using experience and past actions from others.

Darkspire
User avatar
Darkspire
Posts: 1986
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:07 pm
Location: My Own Private Hell

RE: Can I sent ships through subjugated dominions without suffering a penalty?

Post by Darkspire »

ORIGINAL: garfield666

ORIGINAL: Darkspire
If I was faced with the same question of what would happen in a given situation I would save the game

It would seem the OP is at a point in a game he does not to 'muck up', so he asked a question as to what would happen if he did, so therefor I suggested to save the game so if things did not work out he could go back to that save and load it with that warm fuzzy feeling I spoke of as he has learned something under his own steam and bravado.

Darkspire
Post Reply

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”