Duelist Scenario Question

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Post Reply
BradM
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:11 pm
Location: Victoria BC Canada

Duelist Scenario Question

Post by BradM »

Is there a reason why the Kiev doesn't have any Yak-38's embarked as air cover? I have never known the Kiev to sortie without any Yak for CAP.

Brad
Win 7 SP1/Intel i5-2450P/3.20 ghz/8GB RAM/GeForce GTX 660
User avatar
Russian Heel
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:02 am
Location: Metro Station Vasileostrovskaya

RE: Duelist Scenario Question

Post by Russian Heel »

ORIGINAL: BradM

Is there a reason why the Kiev doesn't have any Yak-38's embarked as air cover? I have never known the Kiev to sortie without any Yak for CAP.

Brad

There is a thread on this, by 1989 this was often the case. The Yak-38 didn't provide air cover it provided wasted space.
User avatar
Russian Heel
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:02 am
Location: Metro Station Vasileostrovskaya

RE: Duelist Scenario Question

Post by Russian Heel »

The real inaccuracy for the Soviet side is the names of the submarines. It is 1989, K-525 was simply K-525, not Arkhangelsk, K-480 in the scenario is a Sierra I (Barakuda) when in fact this boat was a Project 971 Shuka (NATO Akula I) and this submarine was only K-480 until 24 July 1991 when it was named "Bars" and then finally Ak Bars on 27 April 1998. K-276 (now B-276 Kostroma) was not "Krab" until 6 April 1993.
smudge56
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:31 am
Location: UK

RE: Duelist Scenario Question

Post by smudge56 »

Don't make it easy do they. [;)]
AKA - Smudge
User avatar
Russian Heel
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:02 am
Location: Metro Station Vasileostrovskaya

RE: Duelist Scenario Question

Post by Russian Heel »

ORIGINAL: Blighty56

Don't make it easy do they. [;)]

Well, it's understandable how it happens. I'm a solutions guy, I'm working on a document for the Soviet/Russian sub classes in DB3K with names, dates of those names, service dates, fleet assignments with dates.

If it isn't too much work I might move on to the smaller surface classes (Destroyers and Frigates) The cruisers and larger are pretty easy to find info on if you can't read Russian.
BradM
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:11 pm
Location: Victoria BC Canada

RE: Duelist Scenario Question

Post by BradM »

Thanks for the reply. I visited Vlad back in 1990 and I saw a Kiev berthed there. Not sure the name, but she had a pair of Yaks on her deck. Perhaps for show. I am in the Canadian Navy, and I enjoyed the port visit very much.

Brad
Win 7 SP1/Intel i5-2450P/3.20 ghz/8GB RAM/GeForce GTX 660
mikmykWS
Posts: 7185
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:34 pm

RE: Duelist Scenario Question

Post by mikmykWS »

Guys you can edit the aircraft using the editor and a few minutes of your time. Probably takes less time than to write about here.

Thanks!

Mike
BradM
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:11 pm
Location: Victoria BC Canada

RE: Duelist Scenario Question

Post by BradM »

I've only been playing the game for a couple of weeks, getting use to the game play, weapon and sensor ranges etc. I'll figure out the editor later.

Brad
Win 7 SP1/Intel i5-2450P/3.20 ghz/8GB RAM/GeForce GTX 660
ComDev
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 1:20 pm
Contact:

RE: Duelist Scenario Question

Post by ComDev »

Added a bug report on the Russian sub names. Thanks [8D]
Image

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
BradM
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:11 pm
Location: Victoria BC Canada

RE: Duelist Scenario Question

Post by BradM »

Just sank the Invincible..took 30 missiles (As-4, SS-N-19 & SS-N-12) to saturate the air defenses to get two hits. Not sure how accurate this is, as I am an ASW guy.

Brad
Win 7 SP1/Intel i5-2450P/3.20 ghz/8GB RAM/GeForce GTX 660
mikmykWS
Posts: 7185
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:34 pm

RE: Duelist Scenario Question

Post by mikmykWS »

Brad you can actually look at the logs of the engagement to see what exactly happened.

Go to game->print to file and they are written to the logs file of you command directory.

Thanks!

Mike

Post Reply

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”