VCR Playback Not Working

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Post Reply
patriot101
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:42 am
Location: Ohio

VCR Playback Not Working

Post by patriot101 »

I have played a couple of dozen SP WaW PBeM batles using version 7.1, and never had a problem using the VCR playback feature. I am now playing a battle with an opponent, where the VCR playback will not work. When I click the VCR playback, my mouse cursor freezes over the playback button, and I cannot get the mosue to move. The background music plays, but the PC is locked up. Any ideas?
Supervisor
Posts: 5160
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Supervisor »

It sounds like the PBEM your playing might have a bad *.rec file. Does it happen on all PBEM's or just with a specific opponent. Also check with the opponent to make sure he/she is including the proper *.rec file with the PBEM. Because it's not required to play a PBEM and some gamers remove the file to reduce the zip file size footprint because the VCR recording file can get to several mb in size on a large long battle. Also try deleting the steel.prf file in the directory c:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers Wprld at War\save
patriot101
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:42 am
Location: Ohio

RE: vcr playback

Post by patriot101 »

It sounds like the PBEM your playing might have a bad *.rec file. Does it happen on all PBEM's or just with a specific opponent. Also check with the opponent to make sure he/she is including the proper *.rec file with the PBEM. Because it's not required to play a PBEM and some gamers remove the file to reduce the zip file size footprint because the VCR recording file can get to several mb in size on a large long battle. Also try deleting the steel.prf file in the directory c:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers Wprld at War\save

------------

He did send a *.rec file. He sent a .aux, .cmt, .dat and .rec. I am playng another PBem with an opponent as well. I am only having the problem with one opponent. I will also add that I am playing two battles at the same time, where both opponenets have chosen email slot #4. I have been careful to swap out all four save files for each of the opponents from the /email directory. What of this steel.prf file? Is there a chance that something is getting messed up somewhere else since I am sharing an email slot, even though I am swapping out all of the email4.* files between opponents?
Post Reply

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”