Finnish attack line!?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Post Reply
User avatar
juv95hrn
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:58 pm

Finnish attack line!?

Post by juv95hrn »

I didn't realize I had to garrison the Finnish attack line so now they grabbed a few hexes next to Leningrad. I have forts in most but its still annoying.

Sometimes the Finnish AI abandons a hex inside the attack line on the Soviet side and I reoccupy it. Then Finnish troops attack it.

This seems to imply that Finland may attack hexes they once conquered inside the attack line or why are they allowed to attack me?
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."
User avatar
jayemcee555
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:29 pm
Location: Ireland

RE: Finnish attack line!?

Post by jayemcee555 »

You should read the rule 19.1.2.1 which should cover most of your queries.
Finnish units are not allowed to attack occupied hexes but can enter if unoccupied.
If the Soviets recover such a hex,are the Finns allowed to attack that hex?
Never had this happen in any of my games.....maybe one of the more experienced players
can answer that
User avatar
juv95hrn
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:58 pm

RE: Finnish attack line!?

Post by juv95hrn »

Apparantly they are since it happened in my game.
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."
Gabriel B.
Posts: 501
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:44 am

RE: Finnish attack line!?

Post by Gabriel B. »

They are not , I usualy link up the fins with the 4pz , doing a right hook. And even deep inside russia they cannot attack until leningrad is reduced .
User avatar
juv95hrn
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:58 pm

RE: Finnish attack line!?

Post by juv95hrn »

ORIGINAL: Gabriel B.

They are not , I usualy link up the fins with the 4pz , doing a right hook. And even deep inside russia they cannot attack until leningrad is reduced .

Yes they are. Or my game is broken. What pz group you use probably doesn't influence this. They probably just can't attack *across* the line but once across they can attack. That is my guess.
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."
SigUp
Posts: 1064
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:14 am

RE: Finnish attack line!?

Post by SigUp »

Nope, even if they are across they can't attack unless Leningrad has fallen. If you can reproduce the issue you should post it in the tech report forum and list it as a bug.
User avatar
juv95hrn
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:58 pm

RE: Finnish attack line!?

Post by juv95hrn »

The most southwestern hex, south of the river, might have fallen, but the rest of Leningrad I held. I can't (and wouldn't put in the effort) reproduce but rest assured this happened.
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."
Post Reply

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”