Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
From past experience, there's no price point that everyone will agree on
Regards,
- Erik
really?
price it at £4.99 see how many complaints you get
**im taking this opportunity to call BS on any 'ah well if its cheap you wont respect the game, thats why we price them so high' crap that may be forth coming
Hint: He didn't say "customers". He said "everyone".
From past experience, there's no price point that everyone will agree on
Regards,
- Erik
really?
price it at £4.99 see how many complaints you get
**im taking this opportunity to call BS on any 'ah well if its cheap you wont respect the game, thats why we price them so high' crap that may be forth coming
Hint: He didn't say "customers". He said "everyone".
warspite1
Quite.
Now Maitland, now's your time!
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
The low end of the spectrum these days is the app markets. They tend to go for <5 bucks on average. The games sold here are simply on a higher plane of reference. Now, the hard part as a consumer is making the right choice, since making the wrong one is both easy and expensive.
So, speaking personally, I'm almost never an early adopter. I wait. Until I get a sense that there is a significant amount of fun to be had with it I won't buy.
So, for me, that means I can afford to pay more than many others. So my value point is a bit higher but so are my expectations.
All that being said, I'm waiting and going to be watching closely but if I decide to buy it won't be for at least a month or so after release.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.
The low end of the spectrum these days is the app markets. They tend to go for <5 bucks on average. The games sold here are simply on a higher plane of reference. Now, the hard part as a consumer is making the right choice, since making the wrong one is both easy and expensive.
So, speaking personally, I'm almost never an early adopter. I wait. Until I get a sense that there is a significant amount of fun to be had with it I won't buy.
So, for me, that means I can afford to pay more than many others. So my value point is a bit higher but so are my expectations.
All that being said, I'm waiting and going to be watching closely but if I decide to buy it won't be for at least a month or so after release.
Same here. Last game I purchased I waited 3 months.
JD I expect a similar price to Conflict of heroes.. being similar sort of games and boardgame conversions.
Yeah I tend to agree with a sale of the week for $19.95 like I got COH for. That's a good and fair price and I'd pay it in a second for this game. It looks so much like the old squad leader maps. But, Mark says it doesn't play anything like squad leader. But, one can dream can't one?
World in Flames was totally worth the $100.00 I have played this game since the original 1984 version. At one time to play wit ALL the expansions, Politics in Flames and the laminated maps and each counter clipped and silicone so when with put tacky on them to stay put on the wall mounted maps I had over $500.00 invested in the game and days of labor. NOW I turn on the computer, hot seat play with my bud and that is all it cost!
No missing counters, no rules lawyer debates for hours , no intensive labor for set up. Those who complain about the hundred dollar price tag have never played a full game of wIF!
That doesn't even matter - it's not relevant here and I hate see the shit storm about that games price start up again here with the usual sycophants telling people to stfu.
Yeah I tend to agree with a sale of the week for $19.95 like I got COH for. That's a good and fair price and I'd pay it in a second for this game.
It's a good sale price. The standard price for a 'full' quality game, rather than mid-range of budget has been $40-$50 (UKP25-30 net of tax) and has been for years. I'd quite happily play that for a complete, finished, quality game of a sort that interests me. What I won't do (again) is pay Matrix 'premium' price on the basis of the sort of 'value' twaddle we saw for the - overpriced - Command. That simply doesn't constitute an argument; I and many of the rest of you have spent hundreds of 'value' hours engrossed by much cheaper or even free games.
I don't think WiF is relevant to any other pricing discussions as it's a totally unique product.
I am always amazed at the controversy that the price of a new game brings , If you like the game and can afford it at this time but it. It you like it and it is out of your current budget range , wait till it eventually goes on sale, and buy it, if you don't like it don't buy it !
I am always amazed at the controversy that the price of a new game brings , If you like the game and can afford it at this time but it. It you like it and it is out of your current budget range , wait till it eventually goes on sale, and buy it, if you don't like it don't buy it !
it isnt about anybodys budget - its about everyone arguing about the price on release when the dev just wants to see nothing but 'hey great game', 'wow my experience was awesome'
and more often than not everyone can afford the game - JD and others, including me are just looking for a bit of transparency, having become a bit sick and tired of the merry-go-round about niche games, prices held high so we dont disrespect the game and 100 pounds worth of books you may not want but how else do you justify THAT price