Any one here?
Moderator: Vic
- ironduke1955
- Posts: 2037
- Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:52 am
- Location: UK
RE: Any one here?
Yes not sure what the problem is either. Bombur has been very reliable on turns. Its USA/China normally in a five player game. But to be honest I would like to hear what the problem is with Bombur before we exclude him after all he did offer to play and has not said he is withdrawing. If he can't find time to play then just let us know and Antonio can take control of China if that's OK with Antonio.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?
- Jonathan Pollard
- Posts: 584
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:48 am
- Location: Federal prison
- Contact:
RE: Any one here?
I'd be willing to take China if Bombur is dropping out.
- ernieschwitz
- Posts: 4770
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:46 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Any one here?
I have emailed Bombur, reminding him that it is his turn...
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
- Advanced Tactics Gold
DC: Warsaw to Paris
DC: Community Project.
-
RufusTFirefly
- Posts: 951
- Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:05 pm
- Location: Dortmund, Germany
RE: Any one here?
Bombur has played turn for China now.
Jonathan, when there will be another game starting we will let you know, so you might join if you like.
Jonathan, when there will be another game starting we will let you know, so you might join if you like.
-
RufusTFirefly
- Posts: 951
- Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:05 pm
- Location: Dortmund, Germany
RE: Any one here?
Turn2-Japan at dropbox.
- ironduke1955
- Posts: 2037
- Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:52 am
- Location: UK
RE: Any one here?
Turn 2 USSR in dropbox
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?
RE: Any one here?
well so bombur keeps playing china ?
so have I to play just usa ?
so have I to play just usa ?
RE: Any one here?
Turn to USA on dropbox
Bye!
Rander
Bye!
Rander
RE: Any one here?
So guys? I need your input here, should we keep this as a (very) slow game or just scrap it?
I dont know why antonio asked something about china and just left...
I dont know why antonio asked something about china and just left...
It's hateM not hate, I dont hate any one.
- ironduke1955
- Posts: 2037
- Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:52 am
- Location: UK
RE: Any one here?
Ok sides
Germany/Italy Juergen
Japan Ironduke
USSR Hatem
UK/France Rander
USA Antonio
China Bomber
The file for Antonio USA has been in dropbox for several days please play the turn Antonio
Germany/Italy Juergen
Japan Ironduke
USSR Hatem
UK/France Rander
USA Antonio
China Bomber
The file for Antonio USA has been in dropbox for several days please play the turn Antonio
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?
RE: Any one here?
turn played ,china turn on dropbox
anyway I have been mailed that bombur wasn t still in ,so maybe I should have played as china ,then my question
anyway I have been mailed that bombur wasn t still in ,so maybe I should have played as china ,then my question
- ironduke1955
- Posts: 2037
- Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:52 am
- Location: UK
RE: Any one here?
Ok thanks Antonio some startup problems all ironed out.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?
- ironduke1955
- Posts: 2037
- Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:52 am
- Location: UK
RE: Any one here?
Did I see that right Germany attacked Denmark and Denmark became a USA protectorate now Germany is at war with the USA in 1938. How did Denmark become pro USA ?
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?
- ernieschwitz
- Posts: 4770
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:46 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Any one here?
If Denmark got diplomatically influenced by USA during its turn, it is quite possible for Denmark to have had USA as best friend. The starting values don´t disallow this....
Personally, if Germany gets USA involved this early, i think it is a mistake on behalf of the German player. Not having the US locked up in a constant attempt to break isolationism, is imho a waste of PP.
EDIT:
I actually have toyed with the idea to see if USA could influence a few countries, and thus prevent wars from happening in Europe, or face USA activation. I was looking at Finland for this, but Denmark will do just as well i guess
Of course this might just be a misclick, the declare minor war card is sometimes alittle sluggish on my PC, and i can if i am not careful do a double click, resulting in a DOW on Denmark.
Personally, if Germany gets USA involved this early, i think it is a mistake on behalf of the German player. Not having the US locked up in a constant attempt to break isolationism, is imho a waste of PP.
EDIT:
I actually have toyed with the idea to see if USA could influence a few countries, and thus prevent wars from happening in Europe, or face USA activation. I was looking at Finland for this, but Denmark will do just as well i guess
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
- Advanced Tactics Gold
DC: Warsaw to Paris
DC: Community Project.
- ironduke1955
- Posts: 2037
- Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:52 am
- Location: UK
RE: Any one here?
It could well be the case Antonio USA has a MO of influencing Denmark, he has done the same thing in our other game were he is also playing USA. Bombur may be kicking himself for not checking the political status of Denmark. Or he may be happy with the opportunity to humiliate the USA early in the game. One thing is certain the S**T has hit the fan I just hope none of it makes its way around the world to Japan.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?
RE: Any one here?
Interesting "what if...?" situation with USA being on war in 1938.
Turn done and uploaded.
Bye!
Rander.
Turn done and uploaded.
Bye!
Rander.
- ernieschwitz
- Posts: 4770
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:46 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Any one here?
ORIGINAL: ironduke1955
It could well be the case Antonio USA has a MO of influencing Denmark, he has done the same thing in our other game were he is also playing USA. Bombur may be kicking himself for not checking the political status of Denmark. Or he may be happy with the opportunity to humiliate the USA early in the game. One thing is certain the S**T has hit the fan I just hope none of it makes its way around the world to Japan.
I thought it was RufusTFirefly playing the Germans?
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
- Advanced Tactics Gold
DC: Warsaw to Paris
DC: Community Project.
- ironduke1955
- Posts: 2037
- Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:52 am
- Location: UK
RE: Any one here?
Yep correct mixing this game up with another game where Bombur is the Germans
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?
-
RufusTFirefly
- Posts: 951
- Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:05 pm
- Location: Dortmund, Germany
RE: Any one here?
As playing Germany it is my intention to get control over Denmark. From another game I knew that Antonio had influenced Denmark hoping a DoW on Denmark would bring USA to war early. Thought he would not do that again, as last time it had not worked (on early DoW on Denmark). So I sent the DoW but did not check, which nation was favoured by Denmark.
So it was an accident.
Lets see what will happen now. Interesting situation.
So it was an accident.
Lets see what will happen now. Interesting situation.


