Game Performance Options

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Post Reply
User avatar
BobWBristolRI
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Game Performance Options

Post by BobWBristolRI »

Hi All,

(before pinging me for "I've answered this 6 times already" - Know that I've searched this forum and the "User Manual" for "Time Mode:", "Pulsed" and "No-Pulse" and got nada - no joy.)

In trying to get the best tradeoff combination for game performance (caveats - for me, for my preferences, and with my equipment)...

One of these (obviously) is Time Mode. Can someone either point me to a full description or provide a reply primer for what "Time Mode:" choices do? What the pros and cons are for "Pulsed" and "No-Pulse"?

Game Performance - I'm running a non 'gamer' laptop, but it's Win 7 64-bit with 8 GB of RAM, so it's not exactly a toad... But as a noob, even on many moderate scenarios, I get staccato background music on a 1 sec update rate (which to me indicates latency and game perf. issues, no?) Works fine in the simplest scenarios. Worst in very busy ones. Thus far, removed range rings and vectors (which I like), but still get some staccato in background (yes, I'm using it as a cue that I'm still getting laggy-ness.)

Just discovered (while digging for this post), the High Fidelity and No-Pulsed Time Mode check box selections under Game Options (high fidelity was unchecked - left it that way.)

What other tips / settings should I be aware of to set up the best tradeoffs that I like for game perf. on my system? Is there a resource other than this forum? (a game wiki? Baloogan's videos aren't really for this).

Are there any video/graphic card sensitivities that I should be aware of? It's a laptop, but I've had no other troubles really, with most games or content (Civil War mostly.)

Interested and appreciative of any/all insights - Remember, I'm a noob, so no ideas too simple.

Regards, Bob W. Bristol RI, US

Bob-W-Bristol-RI
User avatar
DirtyFred
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 10:14 am

RE: Game Performance Options

Post by DirtyFred »

One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
User avatar
Michael7619
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 9:25 am
Location: Europe

RE: Game Performance Options

Post by Michael7619 »

Turn off as many rangerings you can. Turn off autosave. Those advices i got, when i
asked same question. That helps little.
User avatar
BobWBristolRI
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 9:19 pm

RE: Game Performance Options

Post by BobWBristolRI »

Thx folks - Autosave OFF - check, range rings off :( - check.

So, can I expect smoother game performance (at the user interface level) with pulse off at 1 sec? Or is it actually smoother to me with pulse on, and say 5 - 15 sec time compression until something interesting happens?

Any other opinions on this?

Thanks, Bob W., Bristol, RI, US
Bob-W-Bristol-RI
ComDev
Posts: 3116
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 1:20 pm
Contact:

RE: Game Performance Options

Post by ComDev »

Turn off the following in the Options menu:

High-fidelity mode
No-pulse time mode
Image

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!
User avatar
BobWBristolRI
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 9:19 pm

RE: Game Performance Options

Post by BobWBristolRI »

Thx - Much smoother now (Pulse OFF, High Fidelity Mode OFF).

Appreciate the assist.

Regards all and thanks for reading and insights.

Bob W. Bristol RI, US
Bob-W-Bristol-RI
User avatar
Sardaukar
Posts: 12863
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Finland/Israel

RE: Game Performance Options

Post by Sardaukar »

You can manage if you leave most important range rings on (depending on your force) but set them for selected unit only. Then it shows the rings only for that unit, AFAIK.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”