Map Symbols

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Post Reply
AndyDuke
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Map Symbols

Post by AndyDuke »

Hi Folks,
Had to re-install my laptop and WitP AE this week and I've lost a few images that I used to enjoy. Someone produced an image mod that replaced the Japanese Flag on map with the Hinomaru (Nisshôki) and changed the standard TF symbols. I've been through the Scenario Design and Modding and forum and spend some time searching through the forums with no success. Anyone know of this mod and got a copy?

Happy hunting
User avatar
LargeSlowTarget
Posts: 5083
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Hessen, Germany - now living in France

RE: Map Symbols

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

Isn't the Hinomaru / Nisshôki the symbol used in stock version of AE? White background and red meatball only? Do you mean the Kyokujitsuki, the "battle flag" with the radiating sunrays?

I use this file with the "battle flag" (must be renamed into .bmp instead of .jpg)

Edit: That one is for the map.

Image
Attachments
mapiconsJ - Kopie.jpg
mapiconsJ - Kopie.jpg (60.17 KiB) Viewed 203 times
AndyDuke
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 12:15 pm

RE: Map Symbols

Post by AndyDuke »

I'm thinking of the meatball only flag rather than the stock rising sun used on map.
User avatar
Reg
Posts: 2793
Joined: Fri May 26, 2000 8:00 am
Location: NSW, Australia

RE: Map Symbols

Post by Reg »


Try the AE Icon File Replacements on Halsey's site;

AE WITP Land/Air Artwork
Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
User avatar
LargeSlowTarget
Posts: 5083
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Hessen, Germany - now living in France

RE: Map Symbols

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

Might well be that I confuse things - has been a while that I have played stock but was 99% sure stock uses the meatball. Anyway, the link posted by Reg has the meatball version you are looking for.
User avatar
Reg
Posts: 2793
Joined: Fri May 26, 2000 8:00 am
Location: NSW, Australia

RE: Map Symbols

Post by Reg »


There is also the mapiconsJ_altJ.bmp file in your WITP_AE art folder that contains the meatball flag.

Just rename to mapiconsJ.bmp after renaming the existing one to something else first so you don't overwrite it.

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
AndyDuke
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 12:15 pm

RE: Map Symbols

Post by AndyDuke »

Cheers guys - stars as ever [&o]
User avatar
TOMLABEL
Posts: 4473
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Alabama - ROLL TIDE!!!!!

RE: Map Symbols

Post by TOMLABEL »

ORIGINAL: Reg


There is also the mapiconsJ_altJ.bmp file in your WITP_AE art folder that contains the meatball flag.

Just rename to mapiconsJ.bmp after renaming the existing one to something else first so you don't overwrite it.


Yes, both versions were included in stock AE for a choice between the two.

TOMLABEL
Image
Art by the Rogue-USMC

WITP Admiral's Edition: Ship & Sub Art/Base Unit Art/Map Icon Art

"If destruction be our lot - it will come from within"...Abraham Lincoln
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”