[NO ISSUE] Major Bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Post Reply
Rparr28922
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:34 pm

[NO ISSUE] Major Bug

Post by Rparr28922 »

I tried updating to 568 and I can't play my command.exe file size went down to zero and it says I can't remove or delete it so I can no longer play. I downloaded the Zip file. Unzipped it and installed it by overwritting whatever it needed to.
mikmykWS
Posts: 7185
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:34 pm

RE: Major Bug

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi

Try restarting your computer and then apply the update again. Launch the game from the launcher.

Thanks!

Mike
Rparr28922
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:34 pm

RE: Major Bug

Post by Rparr28922 »

Thanks Mike you know your Sh**, all I needed to do is use the launcher. I was running it from command.exe. luckily I had a backup on my other hard drive moved it over reapplied the patch and used auto-run and all works fine now.[&o]
mikmykWS
Posts: 7185
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:34 pm

RE: Major Bug

Post by mikmykWS »

Glad it worked out! Not so much for the Pats today though[:(]
Rparr28922
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:34 pm

RE: Major Bug

Post by Rparr28922 »

I spoke to soon auto run only allowed me a one time deal to play I logged off tried to reopen it and it does nothing doesn't give me an error message just doesn't open the game
mikmykWS
Posts: 7185
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:34 pm

RE: Major Bug

Post by mikmykWS »

If the game is still open in your task manager close and try it.

Mike
Rparr28922
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:34 pm

RE: Major Bug

Post by Rparr28922 »

Figured it out some reason when I run it Norton Virus thinks its a virus then deletes the command.exe file.
zaytsev
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:03 am

RE: Major Bug

Post by zaytsev »

my advice ... uninstall norton completely
that shi**y antivir is so "good" that it even deleted chrome.exe and its firewall blocked all access to network
to one of my customers , on win 8 laptop ..

use microsoft essentials , or windows defender .. win 8 firewall itself is good enough

my 2 cents

cheers
User avatar
Korvar
Posts: 813
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:04 pm

RE: Major Bug

Post by Korvar »

+1 for uninstalling Norton. IMHO, Avira (free) + Malwarebytes (the paid version with real-time protection) is the way to go.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”