Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva

Post Reply
User avatar
CapnDarwin
Posts: 9781
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

Post by CapnDarwin »

We will be working over the next few days to put the last issues to bed. Documentation is ready roll. We need to test out these couple bug fixes and pack everything up. This will be a big update touching just about every file. I plan on posting the What's New in 2.06 PDF in a few days as well, so you can read about all of the new and improved game play items before the update hits the sites.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LTD
User avatar
wodin
Posts: 10709
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:13 am
Location: England
Contact:

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

Post by wodin »

When does work start on the next expansion or new title? Whats your long term forecast for this games patches?
User avatar
Plodder
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:56 pm
Location: New Zealand

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

Post by Plodder »

I don't suppose Mod Guide 4 is one of the documents?
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
User avatar
CapnDarwin
Posts: 9781
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

Post by CapnDarwin »

Plodder, Mod Guide 4 is being worked on by me when I can slice time to it. I'm working code and testing, doing the What's New doc, and working the website development and implementation. As those ramp down, I can go back to working MG4. Just a case of more work than free hours in a week right now. Wish I had better news. [:(]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LTD
User avatar
CapnDarwin
Posts: 9781
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

Post by CapnDarwin »

Ground work for 2.1 (Southern Storm) has been underway for a few weeks. Takes a bit of time to branch out the code and copy all of the 2.06 changes over. We are working on the task list of what needs to be worked first and how we want to refactor code. Once 2.06 is out the door we will go full speed on 2.1 development. We will still support fixing any game breaking bugs after 2.06 (hopefully those are gone).
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LTD
User avatar
Mad Russian
Posts: 13255
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Texas

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: The Plodder

I don't suppose Mod Guide 4 is one of the documents?

We are about to take all the Cap'n's other duties away from him until he actually finishes that modding guide. We understand just how important to the support from the community that guide is and will strive to get that out post haste after the update.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
User avatar
CapnDarwin
Posts: 9781
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

Post by CapnDarwin »

I was actually working on it a bit this morning. Squeeze it in when I can.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LTD
kipanderson
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2001 8:00 am
Location: U.K.

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

Post by kipanderson »

Hi,

Sounds very good...

You certainly do keep the improvements coming.

FC:RS started well and shocked many of us by just how good it was. Very few wargames come off... this certainly did.

And now keeps getting better.

All the best,
Kip.
User avatar
CapnDarwin
Posts: 9781
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

Post by CapnDarwin »

Thanks Kip. We have invested a good deal of time and effort to make sure you guys get the best game we can do. We have some big plans for where 2.1 is going and I can only hope we continue to provide the best Cold War simulation out there.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LTD
Curious
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:04 am
Location: Colorado

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

Post by Curious »

I would like to respectfully request that you include in your signature a link to your website referred to in "Visit our website too" in your signature. Cancel my request if putting that link in your signature violates forum rules.
MikeGER
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:18 am

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

Post by MikeGER »

oops ...wrong thread, deleated
Tim James
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:52 pm

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

Post by Tim James »

Would it help if I said I'm going to order this game as soon as 2.06 is done? :)
User avatar
CapnDarwin
Posts: 9781
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

Post by CapnDarwin »

Curious, yes I should be able to do that. I'll see what I can do this weekend to fix my signature with the links.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LTD
User avatar
CapnDarwin
Posts: 9781
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Newark, OH
Contact:

RE: Home stretch on 2.06 Update.

Post by CapnDarwin »

Tim, yes it does. We are behind on getting 2.06 out. That is on me. I have had a family situation that has had me out of the loop for the past two weeks and not in a position to fix a couple items in the code. That is all resolved now and I am back on things this weekend.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LTD
Post Reply

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”