People ... There is a certain core group at Matrix games . com

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

User avatar
MindSpy
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat May 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

People ... There is a certain core group at Matrix games . com

Post by MindSpy »

MINDSPY


You now how it is sometimes, when someone does that something for you, no need to ask, no need to even think it, no need to even consider that it could occur.

Well today it occurred, that special thing that someone does that just takes you by surprise, that comes up out of nowhere and sits there gleaming in your eye.

You know how it is?

There is a certain group at matrix Games . com that is continually there. A certain core group that no matter how many times a thread may have come up as new faces emerge or how many times the same criticism has been leveled or even how many times the same thank yous are posted.

There is always that core group there that is just outstanding in it's performance.

People.

People like Rick Cloutier who out of the blue completely unsolicited just send you a rules file of the entire game ... straight to you mailbox (I'm at whoooooa just finished dloading it) as result of reading a thread where you just mention you don't have something. no attempt to get it or try to whamboom schmoozle it just out of the blue first thing at the start of the day.

Wow.

Wow.

Thanks very much Rick.

I am amazed at you considerate behaviour.

MINDSPY
User avatar
Panzer Capta
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2000 10:00 am
Location: Bedford, NH, USA

Post by Panzer Capta »

This is a big reason why Matrix and their products are winners.........plain and simple!!!!!! And this is why they will always have my full support.
User avatar
MindSpy
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat May 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by MindSpy »

MINDSPY

And it just doesn't stop there!

You know i don't know how many times I've written to david Heath and even after searching through the threads to make sure he hasn't come online to mention something or two or even after making sure it is not in the Art of Wargaiming or the General Forum

I still get the feeling that this is probably the fourth of fifth time that he has had to answer the same question on emails, then on other listings similarly and so on, so you could imagine it might be starting to wear thin somewhere.

But no. I get an answer within a reasonable length of time. It arrives and he is usually able to solve or bring the situation up to date in no time!

That's david.

Then there is Warhorse and his constant
cavalry rush to answer questions and dot i's and croos t's with things we might not normally get to hear about outside the Forum.

Wild Bill always ready to read through the postings and add in the necessary and always ready to answer questions on his campaigns and what not!

Pack Rat who in hours will put together a whole set of by design maps from players for players on the Battle front in the League!

Figmo whose recently unearthed a veritaable batch of Gold in them ther scens with armour.

Problem with lists like these is that your bound to miss someone who you know has done alot!

Oh well.

A start is a start.

MINDSPY
Wild Bill
Posts: 6428
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Smyrna, Ga, 30080

Post by Wild Bill »

Just came in from my desert odyssey Mindspy to say thanks to you.

It's very encouraging to know we are appreciated by the gamers. That makes it all worthwhile. It truly does.

This was a very kind post on your part.

And now, they've fueled my Mk III (I know, I know, it needs a little paint and those dents could be knocked out!) and General Rommel is tapping his boot and looking at his watch, so I gotta roll! Let's go, crew!

How do you say, "We're burning daylight" in German? I think that is what he just said :D

Wild Bill
Image
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
User avatar
MindSpy
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat May 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by MindSpy »

Originally posted by Wild Bill:
Just came in from my desert odyssey Mindspy to say thanks to you.

It's very encouraging to know we are appreciated by the gamers. That makes it all worthwhile. It truly does.

This was a very kind post on your part.

And now, they've fueled my Mk III (I know, I know, it needs a little paint and those dents could be knocked out!) and General Rommel is tapping his boot and looking at his watch, so I gotta roll! Let's go, crew!

How do you say, "We're burning daylight" in German? I think that is what he just said :D

Wild Bill

MINDSPY

ROUST

MINDSPY
Tankhead
Posts: 993
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Yukon Territory Canada
Contact:

Post by Tankhead »

Hi Mindspy!

Thank you for the very nice post, :) post like yours makes it all worth while, I am very glad I could help a fellow gamer this is what it's all about. I am very touch by your words make me feel real good. :D

Well back to my sand box for me.

Thanks

Tankhead
Tankhead

Image
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

Post by mogami »

Hi no Rick it was 3 standing ovations/curtain calls. You deserve them. And Wild Bill....well what could my poor words do to express my admiration for the fearless leader?

"Beeilen Sie sich!!! Wir verbrennen Tageslicht" (Hurry Up!!! We are burning daylight")

Think I will go sit on Beerbottle hill and watch the Panzers roll by
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

I reactivated users ability to delete there own posts...
Pack Rat
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon May 08, 2000 8:00 am
Location: north central Pennsylvania USA

Post by Pack Rat »

Thanks for the kind words Mindspy, it spurred me to get the links for the maps working again on the new site. Added a couple of things on the download page also. More maps to put up as well, probably later tonight.

They are up.
PR
Tankhead
Posts: 993
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Yukon Territory Canada
Contact:

Post by Tankhead »

Thanks Paul!

Works great :)

Tankhead
Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
I reactivated users ability to delete there own posts...
Tankhead

Image
Figmo
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun May 28, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post by Figmo »

WOW - Thanks MindSpy!! I'm not sure I belong with the others - they do so much more than I!!

But I do have good news - I just heard from Fabio - he's had some problems but will be going strong again soon.

Figmo
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f
User avatar
MindSpy
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat May 13, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by MindSpy »

MINDSPY

Yes to add a couple more.
Tireless Paul Vebber.
Whenever there is a new dload up it seems it's Roll out the VEBBER he's gonna have abarrel of good ties

Roll out the VEBBER gonna get those bugs out this time ...

And yes Bonzo Don Fabio and still moe others

Oh boy I am in over my head listing them off.

MINDSPY
Bonzo
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Peace River, AB, Canada
Contact:

Post by Bonzo »

Thanks for the plug, Laddie.

It's all for the love of the game. That & wanting to share it with as many folks as possible & make their gaming experience as good as possible. I'm sure that that is a key reason the every person, listed here or not, takes the time to pass on their wisdom (or what they believe is wisdom ;) each time they answer a question or add to a thread.
Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster
28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters
Main http://www.nwbattalion.com
E-mail
Don
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Elk Grove, CA (near Sacramento)

Post by Don »

Thanks, Mindspy! It is fun to help others, and I have found my "thing" with the tutorial project. I know you like to help others too, like you've done with your recent C&C posts. Way to go! Those were excellent.
Don "Sapper" Llewellyn
User avatar
Warhorse
Posts: 5382
Joined: Fri May 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Birdsboro, PA, USA
Contact:

Post by Warhorse »

Mindspy, thanks so much for the very nice praise!!! We have a truly very unique group of people, that means ALL of you, here. I've never seen so much helpfulness and just great bunch to associate with, just wish you all lived in my town!! ;) Thanks everyone!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
ruxius
Posts: 714
Joined: Fri May 05, 2000 8:00 am
Location: ITALY

Post by ruxius »

Yeah Mr. Mindspy..You say it !
And I would raise another flag mentioning just all the members like you that day after day populate this forum..they form really a core group...some sort of
'reference manual' for us who are the 'tourists' that day after day open the forum looking at news ,suggestion ,questions and answers..you make this forum living !
I am so happy to be here each day for a while...interested in SPWAW-news more than I do in real life with newspapers !
and DESPITE all the misunderstandings and obscurities a foreign language causes to me..
I have never 'studied' so much english since I was here !!!!

I dream that day of our first core campaign played online with SPWAW...all togheter into the same side...battle after battle ! Can you imagine yourself in your own personal tank platoon and Paul ahead of you manouvering with its plt of TD-- ..WB's Engineer plt placing mines around a hill where an enemy attack is expected..David running with its command car through the battlefield hoping its A0) will rally Figmo's recon units under stronghold's fire...(you deserve it :-)) because I am sure you still do not started to study italian... :)eheheheh
Warhorse obviously runs out from a wood with its 'cavalry' platoon...while Tankhead
asks for him to be the first to move its tanks 'ahead' after Pat patrolled the way
:-))
..and hey Mindspy !!
you have to do a great job with your spy-snipers...we need to know where to launch our Bonzo-Banzai aircrafts !
all we have to contribute with
our skills to the final victory !!!
And who I forgot ? Well there is a lot of personnel needed to be assigned to our mobile artillery ! And look at so many members we have here !!! We will soon open a recruitment center..

as for me ? ...I would be glad to have a good trip around the battlefield with my trucks...but please do not tell me I have to go ahead to be a target !!! I would use trucks in a different way !
Ok stop kidding like a child..I wrote this only because Paul said we will be able to delete our posts..
But goodness knows when we shall do a campaign all togheter...online ! ahahaha

Here we are 'training' very well !
:D
Thanks Matrix Forum to exist !
Italian Soldier,German Discipline!
Figmo
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun May 28, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post by Figmo »

Ruxius,

ROTFLMAO!! Great post!! Your English IS improving - good thing cause you're correct - I still don't know Italian!! :eek:

Just like you and Wild Bill - to put me out front - recon huh!! Well, if your trucks have flat tires - I had nothing to do with it!! ;)

Figmo
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f
User avatar
bchapman
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2000 10:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by bchapman »

Mindspy,
I agree with you 110%. The people at Matrix are the BEST! I would also like to say thank you to YOU, for the Deul tournament and the work that you have put into it.
Thanks,
Bascom :cool:
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford
Kokoda
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Melbourne,Australia

Post by Kokoda »

Originally posted by Bonzo:


It's all for the love of the game. That & wanting to share it with as many folks as possible & make their gaming experience as good as possible. I'm sure that that is a key reason the every person, listed here or not, takes the time to pass on their wisdom (or what they believe is wisdom ;) each time they answer a question or add to a thread.
This is the great thing about this board. the genuine leadership shown by these knowledgeable people inspires us all to contribute. Even I try, despite my minimal knowledge...but I've never been quick enough!

Mindspy was looking for details from the SP3 manual, so I've been copying the relevant details to send to him...to try to repay him for his help...but before I can scratch myself this thread arrives, Mindspy has his manual in a much more useful form than I could provide, and I'm struggling in the wake again. :rolleyes:

Great leaders inspire, they don't drive.

Thanks again to you all.

CHRIS
CHRIS
User avatar
David Heath
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 5:00 pm

Post by David Heath »

Thanks Mindspy and all the other great gamers here. I never planned this to ever get this far but I thrilled it did. I am very proud and honored to work with these guys. Its like a second family... we laugh we fight... but we always come together to get the job done.

Thanks to the gamers and to the guys on the team...
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”