Turnaround? Lowpe (J) vs Tiemanj (A) Stock
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
Sadly, Tavoy falls.[:(]
I should have moved troops there a few days ago, but I had mentally written them off.
The Chiang Mai defenders...all troops except one ART unit and one sacrificial IJAAF Eng unit escape, these guys are forced to retreat but don't suffer much at all (1-2 squads destroyed). Next stop Raheng, Pisanuloke and then R&R in Singers. [:D]
2 more factories repair for the Ki202.[:)]
I should have moved troops there a few days ago, but I had mentally written them off.
The Chiang Mai defenders...all troops except one ART unit and one sacrificial IJAAF Eng unit escape, these guys are forced to retreat but don't suffer much at all (1-2 squads destroyed). Next stop Raheng, Pisanuloke and then R&R in Singers. [:D]
2 more factories repair for the Ki202.[:)]
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
What is the current fort level in Chungking?
"La Garde meurt, elle ne se rend pas!"
-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
ORIGINAL: Lowpe
Sadly, Tavoy falls.[:(]
I should have moved troops there a few days ago, but I had mentally written them off.
The Chiang Mai defenders...all troops except one ART unit and one sacrificial IJAAF Eng unit escape, these guys are forced to retreat but don't suffer much at all (1-2 squads destroyed). Next stop Raheng, Pisanuloke and then R&R in Singers. [:D]
2 more factories repair for the Ki202.[:)]
Try to keep him out of Bangkok and the plains in central Thailand for as long as possible. Once allied armor gets into the plains they will reach the Chinese border in just a week or two. Don´t count on supply being an issue for him. It won´t.

- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
When it comes to A2A there are many factors to consider and not all of us players have the same experience.
House Rules - some have set ceilings for different years or manuever band restrictions
Stock vs DBB air data - I play with DBB, so it will differ on how high a particular model can get.
PDU (on or off) - another major influence on results.
So when a player post here, which of these are they referring to??
House Rules - some have set ceilings for different years or manuever band restrictions
Stock vs DBB air data - I play with DBB, so it will differ on how high a particular model can get.
PDU (on or off) - another major influence on results.
So when a player post here, which of these are they referring to??
[center]
[/center]
[/center]RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
ORIGINAL: Malagant
What is the current fort level in Chungking?
Chungking - forts level 2. 750 fresh AV moving in, will get me darn close to 5K, while Chinese AV will be under 1,000.
Will attack in 2 again in 2 days.
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
ORIGINAL: JocMeister
ORIGINAL: Lowpe
Sadly, Tavoy falls.[:(]
I should have moved troops there a few days ago, but I had mentally written them off.
The Chiang Mai defenders...all troops except one ART unit and one sacrificial IJAAF Eng unit escape, these guys are forced to retreat but don't suffer much at all (1-2 squads destroyed). Next stop Raheng, Pisanuloke and then R&R in Singers. [:D]
2 more factories repair for the Ki202.[:)]
Try to keep him out of Bangkok and the plains in central Thailand for as long as possible. Once allied armor gets into the plains they will reach the Chinese border in just a week or two. Don´t count on supply being an issue for him. It won´t.
Excellent advice [&o]....if I can delay long enough here...
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
ORIGINAL: ny59giants
When it comes to A2A there are many factors to consider and not all of us players have the same experience.
House Rules - some have set ceilings for different years or manuever band restrictions
Stock vs DBB air data - I play with DBB, so it will differ on how high a particular model can get.
PDU (on or off) - another major influence on results.
So when a player post here, which of these are they referring to??
Michael, quite correct, plus a biggie is which scenario...
So, Obvert vs Jocke & Wargmr vs NJP were scenario 1, pdu on, realistic r&d.
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
ORIGINAL: Lowpe
ORIGINAL: Malagant
What is the current fort level in Chungking?
Chungking - forts level 2. 750 fresh AV moving in, will get me darn close to 5K, while Chinese AV will be under 1,000.
Will attack in 2 again in 2 days.
Doublecheck your division leaders... I didn't settle for anything less than 61 Land AND 61 Inspiration, as both affect effective AV. You want to be getting at least 1:1 odds, or more, for a good chance to continue to drop the forts. Once forts are at 1, the city will be yours in just 2-3 more properly-timed attacks. With them at 2, the end is definitely in sight, but you want to be careful that you don't squander an attack. Especially since you are at the end of 1943 already. If it costs you a week... it might make all the difference in terms of roadblocking the Allies somewhere else.
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
Turn is away and several operations, small are ongoing.
Georges sweep Cap Nicobar and Chiang Mai.
CL/DD squadron will bombard Port Blair, after it is swept by a destroyer squadron. Have some hopes for dealing some good damage here. Nothing like what the Allies can do, but for Japan should be ok. All ships not detected.
Several subs are laying mines at Marcus, four CLs are moving towards Marcus for a lightning raid on the shipping there if they can figure out how to get within striking range.
Five Iboats dispatched to Auckland.
Four Iboats patrolling off Colombo and the west map edge. No gold yet, but they will keep searching.
Georges sweep Cap Nicobar and Chiang Mai.
CL/DD squadron will bombard Port Blair, after it is swept by a destroyer squadron. Have some hopes for dealing some good damage here. Nothing like what the Allies can do, but for Japan should be ok. All ships not detected.
Several subs are laying mines at Marcus, four CLs are moving towards Marcus for a lightning raid on the shipping there if they can figure out how to get within striking range.
Five Iboats dispatched to Auckland.
Four Iboats patrolling off Colombo and the west map edge. No gold yet, but they will keep searching.
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
ORIGINAL: Lokasenna
ORIGINAL: Lowpe
ORIGINAL: Malagant
What is the current fort level in Chungking?
Chungking - forts level 2. 750 fresh AV moving in, will get me darn close to 5K, while Chinese AV will be under 1,000.
Will attack in 2 again in 2 days.
Doublecheck your division leaders... I didn't settle for anything less than 61 Land AND 61 Inspiration, as both affect effective AV. You want to be getting at least 1:1 odds, or more, for a good chance to continue to drop the forts. Once forts are at 1, the city will be yours in just 2-3 more properly-timed attacks. With them at 2, the end is definitely in sight, but you want to be careful that you don't squander an attack. Especially since you are at the end of 1943 already. If it costs you a week... it might make all the difference in terms of roadblocking the Allies somewhere else.
There are so many good generals in the IJA it's crazy. I just choose high everything! [:D]
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
I will double check, but I am pretty sure they are all above 61/61.
High admin is nice to pack and unpack for trains quicker...that can mean life or death.
High admin is nice to pack and unpack for trains quicker...that can mean life or death.
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
Obvert, do you still have any data from your game with Joc? If yes, could you look up the bomber losses you inflicted on him B29s, B24s etc.
If not, no big deal, but at several points you really forced him to stop bombing for periods and I am curious how many planes you destroyed to get that result.
Cheers,
If not, no big deal, but at several points you really forced him to stop bombing for periods and I am curious how many planes you destroyed to get that result.
Cheers,
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
ORIGINAL: Lowpe
I will double check, but I am pretty sure they are all above 61/61.
High admin is nice to pack and unpack for trains quicker...that can mean life or death.
It also helps troops recover disablements. So could be useful in a long siege.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
Dec 25, 1943
Destroyer squadron moves into Port Blair and has two encounters but neither causes a combat. CL/DD move in and fight two PT boat squadrons, sinking several, and then they bombard but not a great bombardment....par for the course I think for such a light force.
Allies bomb Raheng with everything in their inventory. Closed.
70 Georges sweep Cap Nicobar and nobody home.
So a quiet day, 1 Japanese plane lost to 9 Allied. Love that ration, only wish it was ten times as many. Or a hundred.
Destroyer squadron moves into Port Blair and has two encounters but neither causes a combat. CL/DD move in and fight two PT boat squadrons, sinking several, and then they bombard but not a great bombardment....par for the course I think for such a light force.
Allies bomb Raheng with everything in their inventory. Closed.
70 Georges sweep Cap Nicobar and nobody home.
So a quiet day, 1 Japanese plane lost to 9 Allied. Love that ration, only wish it was ten times as many. Or a hundred.
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
I did find a rather poorish General at Chungking that I swapped out.
Rather quiet day for Japanese orders. Sweeping Chiang Mai, bad weather scrubbed yesterday's raid.
Mines dropped at Marcus and hoovered up immediately by Allied sweepers.
Allies racing down from Tavoy to Mergui...lets see how long I can hold Mergui.
Chungking, probably won't be in a position to attack tomorrow as fatigue is quite high in several divisions. Lets see how fast it drops.
There must be 100 PT boats scattered around the Bay of Bengal...thick as thieves.[:(]
Rather quiet day for Japanese orders. Sweeping Chiang Mai, bad weather scrubbed yesterday's raid.
Mines dropped at Marcus and hoovered up immediately by Allied sweepers.
Allies racing down from Tavoy to Mergui...lets see how long I can hold Mergui.
Chungking, probably won't be in a position to attack tomorrow as fatigue is quite high in several divisions. Lets see how fast it drops.
There must be 100 PT boats scattered around the Bay of Bengal...thick as thieves.[:(]
- topeverest
- Posts: 3381
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:47 am
- Location: Houston, TX - USA
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
What could you possibly use PT boats for in the bay of Bengal except for cheap and poor defenders?
ORIGINAL: Lowpe
There must be 100 PT boats scattered around the Bay of Bengal...thick as thieves.[:(]
Andy M
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
There are two to three groups at Port Blair, 3-4 groups around Moulmein, 2-3 groups around Rangoon. There were some at Akyab and Ramree.
And it seems like there are quite a few ships in each task force. I might have exaggerated a little bit as none of them are size 10, but in the 4-8 range.
I have savaged his shipping with raids of all types plus bombardments of his bases, I guess he doesn't take kindly to that... and since Ramree is American, he can spawn the PT boats there. Not to mention the LCT.
Aggressive use of PT boats...I have sunk lots c110 PT boats. Unfortunately they nailed a CA, and taken up a ton of supplies in ammo so advantage Allies I guess.
And it seems like there are quite a few ships in each task force. I might have exaggerated a little bit as none of them are size 10, but in the 4-8 range.
I have savaged his shipping with raids of all types plus bombardments of his bases, I guess he doesn't take kindly to that... and since Ramree is American, he can spawn the PT boats there. Not to mention the LCT.
Aggressive use of PT boats...I have sunk lots c110 PT boats. Unfortunately they nailed a CA, and taken up a ton of supplies in ammo so advantage Allies I guess.
-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
ORIGINAL: Lowpe
Obvert, do you still have any data from your game with Joc? If yes, could you look up the bomber losses you inflicted on him B29s, B24s etc.
If not, no big deal, but at several points you really forced him to stop bombing for periods and I am curious how many planes you destroyed to get that result.
Cheers,
I´m pretty sure I regularly posted losses in my AAR? Didn´t I?

RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
ORIGINAL: JocMeister
I´m pretty sure I regularly posted losses in my AAR? Didn´t I?
You listed largest losses at the end of the game, and bombers didn't make the list, in fact mostly Japanese planes made the list.[:D]
When you listed daily losses it was on fighter victories or losses, and on the days I found no B29's were lost.
There are a lot of posts on how many B29's you lost on a given day, tactics, strategies, your frustration at figuring out how to use them, your joy when they trashed someplace but not totals at such and such a date.
-
JocMeister
- Posts: 8258
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
- Location: Sweden
RE: Midget sub penetrates harbor!
Thats a pretty big omission on my part! 
I do know all my bomber pools was completely dry though. Even the 2Es. Had to stop bombing for something like 3-4 months just to recover and get squadrons up to full strength.
I do know all my bomber pools was completely dry though. Even the 2Es. Had to stop bombing for something like 3-4 months just to recover and get squadrons up to full strength.




