ORIGINAL: JocMeister
Back home again. No turn so no update!
There's clearly only one solution here. Start a second game! [;)]
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
ORIGINAL: JocMeister
Back home again. No turn so no update!
ORIGINAL: Lowpe
Is the slow down due to events at home or is Japan losing interest after taking Pearl? Or is there simply a huge re-organization going on for the next wave of attacks?
ORIGINAL: ny59giants
Losing Hawaii and the Line Islands makes a very big hole when it comes to having PBYs cover all that water. Nothing between Dutch Harbor and Tahiti for me! [:(]
ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58
There's clearly only one solution here. Start a second game! [;)]


Sub attack near Great Nicobar at 35,64
Japanese Ships
SS I-162
Allied Ships
AMC Pansy
ASW attack near Bara at 73,108
Japanese Ships
APD Sawakaze
E Hashidate
APD Hagi
xAK Awajisan Maru
xAK Taizin Maru
xAK Koyu Maru
xAK Gokoku Maru #2
TB Hiyodori
PB Rokko Maru #2
PB Nishho Maru
Allied Ships
SS O21
SS O21 launches 2 torpedoes at APD Sawakaze
Ground combat at 83,45 (near Nanyang)
Japanese Deliberate attack
Attacking force 27535 troops, 282 guns, 91 vehicles, Assault Value = 848
Defending force 30932 troops, 153 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 657
Japanese adjusted assault: 365
Allied adjusted defense: 1270
Japanese assault odds: 1 to 3
Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), experience(-)
Attacker:
Japanese ground losses:
561 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 85 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 11 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled
Guns lost 7 (1 destroyed, 6 disabled)
Vehicles lost 16 (1 destroyed, 15 disabled)
Allied ground losses:
624 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 58 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Assaulting units:
15th Tank Regiment
34th/B Division
6th Division
34th/C Division
40th/A Division
14th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
52nd Ind.Mtn.Gun Battalion
1st Army
6th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
Defending units:
55th Chinese Corps
59th Chinese Corps
92nd Chinese Corps
22nd Group Army[


ORIGINAL: Lowpe
I look at all those Chinese troops off roads, in the woods, and can't help but feel you are out of position. This comes from playing a no stacking limit game I guess, and not having any experience with stacking limits.
The loss of mobility for so many troops would scare the heck out of me.
But, I am sure you know what you are doing![:)]
ORIGINAL: TheGreatDebate
You may have mentioned elsewhere, but how did he do with resources when PH surrendered?
OT - Enjoyable AAR as always. A thought while your waiting, Matrix is looking for Beta Testers for WitW: Operation Torch! I know you loved WitW, I just can't understand how you came back to AE after all that love your expressed! JOKE, I have to agree with your thoughts. WitW did nothing for me when I played.

ORIGINAL: Lowpe
I look at all those Chinese troops off roads, in the woods, and can't help but feel you are out of position. This comes from playing a no stacking limit game I guess, and not having any experience with stacking limits.
The loss of mobility for so many troops would scare the heck out of me.
But, I am sure you know what you are doing![:)]
ORIGINAL: Lokasenna]
Likewise.... I would let him have the crappy terrain hexes and defend the road.

ORIGINAL: JeffK
Has there been any sigint on the PI invaders??
IFF I was in for a fun game I'd be eyeing off some of the Alaska/Canada islands, is Vancouver Is above the line of death??
PS A couple of more patches to WITW, its about 50% there, I also dont see TORCH working any better with weekly timeframe

Getting about a turn per week right now.
ORIGINAL: njp72
Getting about a turn per week right now.
That can't be good for the addiction.
I think that would kill me![]()

ORIGINAL: Lowpe
1 turn a week...[:@]

ORIGINAL: JocMeister
ORIGINAL: Lowpe
I look at all those Chinese troops off roads, in the woods, and can't help but feel you are out of position. This comes from playing a no stacking limit game I guess, and not having any experience with stacking limits.
The loss of mobility for so many troops would scare the heck out of me.
But, I am sure you know what you are doing![:)]
I am out of position. But I wasn´t a week ago when a large portion of the Jap Army was there! [:D] Now I have to try and pull out and get ready for the next attack wherever it will happen.
ORIGINAL: Lokasenna]
Likewise.... I would let him have the crappy terrain hexes and defend the road.
If I do that Nick will just walk through the wilderness into the Chungking plains. Erik did that with a 200.000 man army and never suffered any supply problems. I´m pretty sure he could get enough supply flowing from Ichang to sustain a big offensive into the plains.
ORIGINAL: Lokasenna
The road hexes are in the way there, too [;)]. I'm talking about the road between Chihkiang and the dot base. As it is, you're asking to eventually get outmaneuvered here. He could simply force you back up the road from Chengting and get behind your units before you could even get out of the woods. Or, he will eventually break your units on the road to Ankang and then he could head offroad to the west, getting to the dot base and cutting them off from that direction.
He's foolishly focusing on the north here, though. He should be taking the Nanning-Kweiyang area. It's the most important set of bases to a quick collapse of China. Take those and it opens up the use of armor to cut off pockets of Chinese units and dispose of them at will. Therefore, defending them is far more important to me than defending Sian and Ankang.

ORIGINAL: JocMeister
ORIGINAL: Lokasenna
The road hexes are in the way there, too [;)]. I'm talking about the road between Chihkiang and the dot base. As it is, you're asking to eventually get outmaneuvered here. He could simply force you back up the road from Chengting and get behind your units before you could even get out of the woods. Or, he will eventually break your units on the road to Ankang and then he could head offroad to the west, getting to the dot base and cutting them off from that direction.
He's foolishly focusing on the north here, though. He should be taking the Nanning-Kweiyang area. It's the most important set of bases to a quick collapse of China. Take those and it opens up the use of armor to cut off pockets of Chinese units and dispose of them at will. Therefore, defending them is far more important to me than defending Sian and Ankang.
I´m not sure I follow? To do that he would have to not only force the roadblock East of Changteh but also take Changteh itself? First the roadblock of 650 AV with level 2 forts and then Changteh itself with 1500 AV and level 3 forts. I wouldn´t want to shock attack over the river into that. [:)] If so a breakthrough at the Ankang road is far more likely. I do have 2100 AV on that road though counting troops resting at Ankang.
I am pulling out with most units from the woods though. Some started moving a couple of turns ago and a bunch this turn.
Interesting to hear you think the Nanning area is more important. Most players seem to believe otherwise. Its not exactly armor country there with all the WR hexes? [:)]