Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Lowpe (J)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by Lowpe »

This stinks![:@]





User avatar
Lokasenna
Posts: 9304
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:57 am
Location: Iowan in MD/DC

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

This stinks![:@]


You should take this one over [;)]. Provide a nice contrast to your last one.
User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by Lowpe »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

This stinks![:@]


You should take this one over [;)]. Provide a nice contrast to your last one.

I would have no idea how to win with Japan![:D] I would be a fish out of water.[:D][:D]
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe
I would have no idea how to win with Japan![:D] I would be a fish out of water.[:D][:D]

[:D]

(Would love to play you though! [:)])
Image
User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by Lowpe »

I could never do 7 turns in a day. Never. Ever.
User avatar
Crackaces
Posts: 3858
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:39 pm

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by Crackaces »

There is a short discussion in his AAR status post his conquering Peal Harbor. I bring up the point that Peal Harbor
is now a big fuel drain as PH is miles (and hexes) away from fuel sources. The JFB's disagree but it is shortly thereafter the turns stop.

It would be interesting to know the state of Pearl Harbor .. I suspect pretty wrecked given the number of US engineers in place.
Thus a lot of supply/fuel to the build things up if in fact it is to be used as a base (the repair to base levels port and airfields does not take supply but to have base supply and fuel levels to do operations does take an investment if none is left)

The move extends the IJ's influence eastwards but allows for a "Hail Mary" into some undefended weak point ...

Even moving stuff off the island would take fuel if no/little fuel is there .. supply to restore disabled/destroyed squads ..
I suspect all of the above was not considered when starting this misadventure ...

Over expansion keeps the offensive momentium going until the Allies get lots more stuff and then the lack of interior defenses raise their ugly head ... the Hokkaido Hurricane seems to be a solution of recent days [8D]
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

I could never do 7 turns in a day. Never. Ever.

7 turns/day?! Where did you get that from? [:D]

Back to work in 4 week and then all I can do is 1/day!
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

There is a short discussion in his AAR status post his conquering Peal Harbor. I bring up the point that Peal Harbor
is now a big fuel drain as PH is miles (and hexes) away from fuel sources. The JFB's disagree but it is shortly thereafter the turns stop.

It would be interesting to know the state of Pearl Harbor .. I suspect pretty wrecked given the number of US engineers in place.
Thus a lot of supply/fuel to the build things up if in fact it is to be used as a base (the repair to base levels port and airfields does not take supply but to have base supply and fuel levels to do operations does take an investment if none is left)

The move extends the IJ's influence eastwards but allows for a "Hail Mary" into some undefended weak point ...

Even moving stuff off the island would take fuel if no/little fuel is there .. supply to restore disabled/destroyed squads ..
I suspect all of the above was not considered when starting this misadventure ...

Over expansion keeps the offensive momentium going until the Allies get lots more stuff and then the lack of interior defenses raise their ugly head ... the Hokkaido Hurricane seems to be a solution of recent days [8D]

You might be right. Havn´t looked at the IJ side nor do I have the PW. If I don´t find a replacement I´ll ask Nick for the pass and check it out! I´ll make sure to post the state of PH here if it comes to that. [:)]

Not sure what Nick plans was but he sounded confident in his last mail he could get AV. So he might have a solid plan! Don´t want to ask to much in case I find someone.
Image
User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by Lowpe »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

I could never do 7 turns in a day. Never. Ever.

7 turns/day?! Where did you get that from? [:D]

Back to work in 4 week and then all I can do is 1/day!

How long was your summer off?
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

I could never do 7 turns in a day. Never. Ever.

7 turns/day?! Where did you get that from? [:D]

Back to work in 4 week and then all I can do is 1/day!

How long was your summer off?

Since New Year? [:D]

Been home with the youngest son but he is starting kindergarten in 2 weeks and I start my new job in 4 weeks. [:)]
Image
User avatar
Lowpe
Posts: 24582
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by Lowpe »

That's right. Forgot about the new job. Congratulations.
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

That's right. Forgot about the new job. Congratulations.

Thanks! [:)]
Image
User avatar
Lokasenna
Posts: 9304
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:57 am
Location: Iowan in MD/DC

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by Lokasenna »

I think you guys should play each other. This is a good one for Lowpe to pick up in contrast to the mess he just tried to salvage in his other game.. [;)]
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

I think you guys should play each other. This is a good one for Lowpe to pick up in contrast to the mess he just tried to salvage in his other game.. [;)]

I´d love to play him so the ball is in his corner! [:)]
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

The game may possible be resurrected. I´ll know in a week or two! Stay tuned... [:)]

Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

Good news!

Lowpe decided to take the game up so we are game on! [&o] I have the first turn in my inbox and will get started tonight both with the turn and an AAR update. Can´t tell you how happy I am Jeff took the game up and get going again! [:)]
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]February 19th 1942[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________

Fairly quiet first turn for Jeff to deal with.

------------------------
Pacific
------------------------

Not much to report here. The subs leaving the PH area have started arriving at the WC. They will repair damage, refuel and then head out again. Most back to PH but some of the S-boats will be divert up to NOPAC to guard the Canadian border.

------------------------
China
------------------------

Nothing

------------------------
DEI
------------------------

The KX locates and launches two times against AO Ondo scoring no hits. This is followed up by KIX launching 4 TTs against AO Tsurumi scoring one hit. [:)]
Sub attack near Sangi at 78,96

Japanese Ships
AO Tsurumi, Torpedo hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
SC Ch 23


Allied Ships
SS KIX

Fuel cargo burning which probably mean she is a goner. The unloading at Ambon continues. The Dutch launch what little planes they have left for no result. CD guns continue to score some hits though!
Invasion Support action off Ambon (76,109) - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

39 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
APD Hagi, Shell hits 2, on fire
APD Fuji, Shell hits 2, on fire
APD Sawakaze, Shell hits 3, heavy fires
PB Rokko Maru #2
PB Nishho Maru
E Hashidate
TB Hayabusa

3 sinking sounds here during the replay. Probably two from the Ambon landing + the AO. Approaching 100 Japanese ships sunk so far. Although nothing of real value its a psychological boost. [:D]

I´ll try to get something more up tonight regarding my thought on the future!

EDIT: Screen was messed up. Can´t be bothered to rerun the turn for a new one!
Image
User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Good news!

Lowpe decided to take the game up so we are game on! [&o] I have the first turn in my inbox and will get started tonight both with the turn and an AAR update. Can´t tell you how happy I am Jeff took the game up and get going again! [:)]

Good deal.

You should see what he's saying about you in the other AAR! Oh, man! I didn't know Swedish guys did THAT! Yuck! No amount of soap . . . The insults ought to result in a ban, but you know this place--JFBs get away with murder. When you read it all you're gonna want a plane ticket. Unacceptable!!!

As your agent here I advise a quick move to show this JFB what the Allies are made of. You've been letting them get away with waaaaay too much, sir. Gird your loins! (Look it up.) And strike! Strike! Or, OK, plan to strike! Plan to strike!!

(BTW, you DO get a signed release from the sheep first, right?)

Onward![8D]
The Moose
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

Good news!

Lowpe decided to take the game up so we are game on! [&o] I have the first turn in my inbox and will get started tonight both with the turn and an AAR update. Can´t tell you how happy I am Jeff took the game up and get going again! [:)]

Good deal.

You should see what he's saying about you in the other AAR! Oh, man! I didn't know Swedish guys did THAT! Yuck! No amount of soap . . . The insults ought to result in a ban, but you know this place--JFBs get away with murder. When you read it all you're gonna want a plane ticket. Unacceptable!!!

As your agent here I advise a quick move to show this JFB what the Allies are made of. You've been letting them get away with waaaaay too much, sir. Gird your loins! (Look it up.) And strike! Strike! Or, OK, plan to strike! Plan to strike!!

(BTW, you DO get a signed a release from the sheep first, right?)

Onward![8D]

Aaaaw, I told him that in confidence! Now everyone will know why we have reindeers and polarbears... [:D]

I´ll strike alright! In about 18 month... (I do have some stuff planned though but more on that tonight! [:)])

PS. What the hell is a release from? [&:]
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]Situation[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________

I´ll try and provide a brief rundown on everything now that we are rolling again! [&o]

------------------------
Pacific
------------------------


Not much has changed for me due to the switch in the Japanese high command. My plans for 42 remains the same (besides trying to avoid AV). Its still very, very early and almost impossible for me to read anything in the tea leaves. For now I´ll assume Lowpe will swing south down towards the Samoans, Fiji and possibly as far down as Tahiti. If so then Noumea and possibly OZ or NZ will be on the table.

That is what I believe is the most likely scenario. So for now I´ll plan for that. No major combat units will be deployed in the defense but rather smaller units intended as speed bumps. In the meantime NZ will be used as the major hub in SOPAC. Out of necessity I´ll also have to develop at least one of the smaller bases down in SOPAC. Possibly in the Marquesas. This will be just a refueling station. Emergency plan is to station AOs even deeper in SOPAC to allow convoys to refuel enough to get back home.

Forts at Melbourne and Sydney is coming along. I think they are between 4 and 5 right now.

Due to the situation in CENTPAC I´ve sent less xAKs from CT to the states then I normally do. I seldom use Perth but I might in this game if things permit.

------------------------
India
------------------------

At this stage India doesn´t seem to be on the table. For that he will need the IDs at PH + KB and I hope SIGINT can give me warning if he shifts them back. The 6th OZ ID is already in India and the 7th is on its way. The 7th will stay at Calcutta with several fast xAPs ready to move them to OZ/NZ if needed. I want them in India though...

------------------------
NORPAC
------------------------

In NORPAC I´ve done pretty much nothing besides building forts. Nick grabbed everything up to and including Dutch very early. He has some DDs operating up here and so do I. Some S-boats are on their way. Don´t dare send anything big up here as its too easy to get boxed in against the coast. Almost lost the NC and Wasp that way against Erik.

------------------------
China
------------------------

I´ve done better then expected here although supply will be gone in 30-45 days. After that it game over and the rout will begin. Can´t complain though. China is what it is. I Expect Jeff to launch a major offensive here within a week.

------------------------
DEI
------------------------

Java will fall very soon. Ambon as well. He still have Luzon to deal with though. While perhaps not critical it does give me a very nice sub base in the middle of the Japanese shipping lanes. Still have 108k fuel at Manila. I even pop over some CATs from time to time to take a peek. [:)]

------------------------
Allied planning
------------------------

I find the lack of troops in Burma and DEI quite interesting. Right now there is only 1 Japanese ID in Burma (Imperial Guards). Two more IDs at Java and lone one on Mindanao...This might prove a very nice opportunity to try and force a Japanese reaction...MKB is probably hiding at Johore Bahru (Just North of Singapore where it was spotted about 2 weeks ago) but without the full KB I don´t have to guard against an invasion in my back. This could allow me to play quite aggressively in the area possibly forcing a Japanese reaction which would be a small victory in itself.

Right now it will be very interesting to see how he will deal with Luzon. While forts havn´t been building for quite some time its still 2500 AV in very good defensive terrain. Sooner or later he has to deal with it.

Image
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”