Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Lowpe (J)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]Map[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________


Image
Attachments
Stratmap2.jpg
Stratmap2.jpg (257.78 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Image
User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

PS. What the hell is a release from? [&:]

A release signed by the sheep of course. To be clearer: "a signed release form from" [:'(]
The Moose
User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

He's going to need the Soerbaja and Borneo fuel more or less just to operate out to Hawaii and to the WC if/when. Hawaii really bends the Japanese economy in 1942 at best, and breaks it at worst. Make him run around as much as you can. Subs aren't free fuel-wise either, although a lot players act as if they are. If he tried an India or an Oz I'd be surprised. Hawaii is his big, ahistorical push and it's accomplished. Now it has to be digested.

Perth should be used to the Nth degree with this distribution of forces. Build Kalgoorlie and the port bases to the south of Perth as bulwarks against invasion. But shove a lot in through OZ. You can afford to do it without escorts if you choose your landfalls well. If you don't have to pause to refuel short-legged escorts you can get very good throughput from CT. If he raids you lose a few xAKs. You get over 2000.
The Moose
User avatar
Lokasenna
Posts: 9304
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:57 am
Location: Iowan in MD/DC

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by Lokasenna »

In the interest of full disclosure, and now that there's another AAR up that I'll be reading, I'm sure... I should mention that I also had a look at the IJ side of the save file and was consulted (does this mean I was/am Lowpe's agent?). I provided only comments on the IJ OOB and such (it helps that I couldn't even remember what was going on in this thread anyway [;)]). I figured it was alright since Lowpe's been around in this AAR since the beginning as it is. It was interesting to see what Olorin had going on, and the specifics of the scenario you're using. It also taught me how to actually install a pwhex file, finally.

Now that there are 2 AARs I'll be following, you may see me comment in both at times. They'll just be meta-type posts ("Be aware that even trading 1:2 in VPs, in high enough numbers, can stave off Japanese AV", etc.) on mechanics, strategic concerns with a proposed course of action, potential consequences, etc.
ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

He's going to need the Soerbaja and Borneo fuel more or less just to operate out to Hawaii and to the WC if/when. Hawaii really bends the Japanese economy in 1942 at best, and breaks it at worst. Make him run around as much as you can. Subs aren't free fuel-wise either, although a lot players act as if they are. If he tried an India or an Oz I'd be surprised. Hawaii is his big, ahistorical push and it's accomplished. Now it has to be digested.

Perth should be used to the Nth degree with this distribution of forces. Build Kalgoorlie and the port bases to the south of Perth as bulwarks against invasion. But shove a lot in through OZ. You can afford to do it without escorts if you choose your landfalls well. If you don't have to pause to refuel short-legged escorts you can get very good throughput from CT. If he raids you lose a few xAKs. You get over 2000.

Not just your landfalls, but your waypoints... it's easy enough to raid with SCTFs, CVEs, and subs along the automatic routes between CT and Perth/Melbourne. Add those Waypoints, and change them up from time to time. He could get a radio intel hit on your route at any time and you wouldn't necessarily notice, even if you were watching the DLs on all of your TFs all of the time.
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

PS. What the hell is a release from? [&:]

A release signed by the sheep of course. To be clearer: "a signed release form from" [:'(]

You are NOT making any sense! [:D]

I think you are right concerning PH. It might in the long run become a serious problem for the Japanese economy. I´m still not very worried concerning the actual loss. Only real loss are the VPs but if he hadn´t come for PH he would have grabbed something else gaining VPs there instead. VP wise (all things considered) he probably gained more on this then anything else he could have done at this stage. But I´m not sure its strategically the wisest move to make. If I can avoid AV it might put Japan in a very difficult position. I´ll just have to wait and see how things develop.

Right now I´m keeping my fingers he didn´t get all of the fuel (was it 600k?) that was at PH. If he did get it he can now move very quickly and I will probably see the next move in 2-3 weeks. If not it might delay him enough to miss the Amphib bonus in which case he will have to wait for prepp buying me more time!

I´ll look at the Perth area and what can be done. Don´t want to commit here until I know eastern OZ is safe. Right now the OZ army is resting and waiting for the Squad 42 update. US reinforcements are on its way. The real shortage is actually engineers, BFs and AA. Especially Engineers to start building forts at needed locations.

Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

In the interest of full disclosure, and now that there's another AAR up that I'll be reading, I'm sure... I should mention that I also had a look at the IJ side of the save file and was consulted (does this mean I was/am Lowpe's agent?). I provided only comments on the IJ OOB and such (it helps that I couldn't even remember what was going on in this thread anyway [;)]). I figured it was alright since Lowpe's been around in this AAR since the beginning as it is. It was interesting to see what Olorin had going on, and the specifics of the scenario you're using. It also taught me how to actually install a pwhex file, finally.

Now that there are 2 AARs I'll be following, you may see me comment in both at times. They'll just be meta-type posts ("Be aware that even trading 1:2 in VPs, in high enough numbers, can stave off Japanese AV", etc.) on mechanics, strategic concerns with a proposed course of action, potential consequences, etc.

Not just your landfalls, but your waypoints... it's easy enough to raid with SCTFs, CVEs, and subs along the automatic routes between CT and Perth/Melbourne. Add those Waypoints, and change them up from time to time. He could get a radio intel hit on your route at any time and you wouldn't necessarily notice, even if you were watching the DLs on all of your TFs all of the time.

I know. Jeff told me he asked you to look at things! No wonder you couldn´t remember anything from this thread...even I can´t! [:)] I´ll sure miss your specific advice though. You´ve always provided solid advice and a set me straight when I was doing stupid things! Ah well, some stupidity in here might be good for comedy! [:D]

I´ll make sure I´ll change the exit zones from the map edge. I never unload at Perth itself but rather on some of the smaller bases further in the south. As I said I´ve never used this route much besides the odd supply convoy (you don´t have that much to spare in CT anyway). I´ll probably send some of the shorter legged xAKs at Balboa to EC and start shipping supply and fuel from EC to CT. Can´t use the low END xAKs anywhere else anyway.
Image
User avatar
ny59giants
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by ny59giants »

As you know, its not until May when you start the steady flow of SeaBees does your construction engineer problem start to decrease. You have a few Constr Rgt, but not enough. For Christmas '42, you get those nice big SeaBee Rgt to use with over 200 engineers (engineers plus vehicles). In just over 6 months you go from famine to feast in this one area. [&o]
[center]Image[/center]
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

As you know, its not until May when you start the steady flow of SeaBees does your construction engineer problem start to decrease. You have a few Constr Rgt, but not enough. For Christmas '42, you get those nice big SeaBee Rgt to use with over 200 engineers (engineers plus vehicles). In just over 6 months you go from famine to feast in this one area. [&o]

Yeah, can´t wait! I hate the first 5-6 months. You want to do so much but have virtually nothing to do it with. [:(]
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]February 20th 1942[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________

Only have the replay yet so things are a little sketchy.

------------------------
NORPAC
------------------------

A SCTF is spotted 10 or so hexes south of Dutch. Might be the small DD TF I tangled with earlier. I´ll see if I have something to come out and play with.

------------------------
China
------------------------

The usual bombardments of Wenchow goes in. But this time without DDs and only Kiso...I bet losses to subs around DEI is starting to be a worry so the DDs are detached to convoy duty? I´ll see if I can make him pay for that. [:)]

Speaking of which...only a small one. But every one helps a little.
Submarine attack near Batu Pahat at 49,82

Japanese Ships
TK Kaijo Maru, Shell hits 1, Torpedo hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS KXVIII, on fire

Suddenly Singers is now full of enemy mines...ouch. KXVIII eats one but looks fine as can be seen in the above attack. SS O2O don´t though showing "heavy damage". Won´t know how bad until I get the turn.

------------------------
Pacific
------------------------

I forgot to mention that last turn the entire Hawaiian air force showed up at SF. These will be relegated to training for now as I don´t have the planes to fill even a fourth of them.

Well, that is it. I´ll try to get some maps up tonight!
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]NORPAC[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________

I´m almost blind up here. A small CAT squadron is working out of Kodiak. A 2 ship remnant from PH is flying out from Chirkof. A small DD flotilla is operating out of Prince Rupert together with some small xAKLs and a KV. Some YPs are also scattered around. Other then that its empty.



Image
Attachments
NORPAC5.jpg
NORPAC5.jpg (433.66 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]DEI[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________

With the Japanese landing on Christmas Island IO I had to pull back my battered TFs lurking behind Java. A Cruiser squadron based around Chester and Chicago will soon return to the lower DEI with AO support. A couple of days behind them another TF centered around Marblehead and the 4 stackers will arrive.

Image
Attachments
DEI10jpg.jpg
DEI10jpg.jpg (434.84 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]Philippines[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________

Main resistance will be at Clark. Sadly forts havn´t expanded for a very long time now and are stuck at 2.68. Despite that its the best defense due to its x3 terrain. All in all Luzon have about 2500 AV. Most of it are weak PI infantry divisions though.

Image
Attachments
PI2.jpg
PI2.jpg (405.35 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Tale of the Sheep! - JocMeister (A) vs. Olorin (J)

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]Burma[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________

This area is turning out to be very interesting. Not my favorite area but I´m quite familiar with it after my game with Erik. The Japanese are dangerously weak here right now. Only the Imperial Guards backed up by the RTA and two Japanese Regiments. A part of the 18th are moving for Trinkat though which might indicate they are slated for Burma eventually.

I´ll keep a close eye on this area.

Image
Attachments
Burma3.jpg
Burma3.jpg (732.65 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

Ambon falls!

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]February 21st 1942[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________

Lowpe certainly didn´t loose any momentum when he took over!

------------------------
NORPAC
------------------------

A small Japanese TF takes care of my YPs at Kodiak.
Night Time Surface Combat, near Kodiak at 181,42, Range 2,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CL Yura
DD Tokitsukaze
DD Murasame


Allied Ships
YP-72, Shell hits 15, and is sunk
YP-73, Shell hits 4, and is sunk
YP-74, Shell hits 8, and is sunk
YP-92, Shell hits 26, and is sunk

------------------------
DEI
------------------------

Ambon falls on the first attack. I had hoped we could have lasted a little bit more. Jeff made sure it was going to fall.
Night Naval bombardment of Ambon at 76,109 - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

6 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
BB Mutsu
BB Nagato


Allied ground losses:
45 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled



Followed by...
Morning Air attack on Ambon Defenses , at 76,109 (Ambon)

Weather in hex: Light rain

Raid spotted at 18 NM, estimated altitude 9,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 15
G3M2 Nell x 19
G4M1 Betty x 19


Japanese aircraft losses
G3M2 Nell: 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
6 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Leading to...
Ground combat at Ambon (76,109)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 5389 troops, 29 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 207

Defending force 2501 troops, 30 guns, 4 vehicles, Assault Value = 70

Japanese adjusted assault: 104

Allied adjusted defense: 34

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Ambon !!!

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
PBY-5 Catalina: 1 destroyed
Hudson I: 1 destroyed


Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(-), fatigue(-), morale(-)
experience(-)

Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
121 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 12 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled


Allied ground losses:
2801 casualties reported
Squads: 90 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 131 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 3 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 42 (42 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Vehicles lost 4 (4 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units destroyed 3


Assaulting units:
I./4th Infantry Battalion
4th Engineer Co
15th Naval Guard Unit
III./4th Infantry Battalion
16th Nav Gd /4
23rd AA Regiment
23rd JAAF AF Bn


Defending units:
Molukken Garrison Battalion
Ambon Defenses
Ambon Base Force


Porpoise duds against a big tanker (bummer) and S-36 misses a fleet DD outside Balikpapan. Jeff cleverly lands in the Flores on Soemba. There goes my plan to station cruisers in the lower DEI...[:@] They are turned back with the AOs to Perth. Good play by Jeff. I guess this means the fight for DEI is over for the surface portion of the USN.

------------------------
Burma
------------------------

Lasio falls on the first attack. Can´t complain though as the mere presence of my units here halted the Japanese advance for 3 weeks. Next stop is Paoshan no doubt. I´ll have 600 AV there but hope to increase that in a couple of weeks as battered units recover.
Ground combat at Lashio (62,46)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 23681 troops, 205 guns, 64 vehicles, Assault Value = 767

Defending force 6936 troops, 49 guns, 4 vehicles, Assault Value = 222

Japanese adjusted assault: 626

Allied adjusted defense: 52

Japanese assault odds: 12 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Lashio !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), preparation(-), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
541 casualties reported
Squads: 3 destroyed, 40 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled


Allied ground losses:
2882 casualties reported
Squads: 134 destroyed, 25 disabled
Non Combat: 105 destroyed, 5 disabled
Engineers: 15 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 11 (6 destroyed, 5 disabled)
Vehicles lost 5 (5 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units retreated 4


Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
Imperial Guards Division
III./143rd Infantry Battalion
55th Engineer Regiment
II./143rd Infantry Battalion
112th Infantry Regiment
2nd RTA/B Division
15th Army
55th Mountain Gun Regiment
21st Medium Field Artillery Battalion


Defending units:
1st Gloucestershire Battalion
BFF Brigade
6th Chinese Corps
102nd RAF Base Force



Lowpe certainly didn´t waste any time moving forward. No respite for the poor allies!

Image
Attachments
ambon.jpg
ambon.jpg (248.03 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Ambon falls!

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]February 22nd 1942[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________

Some good events in China.

------------------------
NORPAC
------------------------

The TF that raided Kodiak withdraws back to Dutch.

------------------------
DEI
------------------------

Lots of allied sub attacks here including 4 TTs against a big tanker. 2 duds and the rest are misses so no luck today. [:(]

------------------------
OZ
------------------------

A bit of a scare here as the SS I-25 attacks a fast convoy carrying much needed Engineers and AA units for OZ. These will be used to help with the forts at Melbourne and Sydney initially. The AA will be spread out to protect as much industry as possibly.

------------------------
Indian Ocean
------------------------

The peace and quit here is over as 3 different subs are spotted NW of Ceylon. Two KVs attack without results.

------------------------
China
------------------------

As Loka spotted a while back I messed up here and left Chihikang undefended. I might pay for that shortly as Japanese recon is spotted over the base. I have a unit moving but it is a couple of days out. I went back through the saves to check out what happened. Turns out I intended to move the Corps there to the frontline and exchange it for one needing R&R. For some reason though I moved them both out. Stupid mistake.

Anyway, to deal with this I sent some British bombers to Chungking. If he paradrops I´ll try to close the AF and prevent more being flown in. Also the 5th Chinese New Corp arrived at Sian. They can be bought out and hence airlifted. I´ll have enough PPs to do that next turn. I might do that and start flying them to Chihikang.

Forts at Kweilin and Tuyun reach 3 each. Won´t increase them more. Also looks like Lowpe will try a direct assault at Changteh. Could turn interesting if he does as I have the entire southern reserve of 2500 AV there.

Nick had some success on the roadblock towards Ankang recently getting two 1:1 with even losses. Lowpe caught up on this and launched an attack on his own. Sadly for him the 66th Corps just arrived. Its one of the best Chinese Corps I have with 50 EXP 79 MRL.
Ground combat at 83,45 (near Nanyang)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 38314 troops, 374 guns, 88 vehicles, Assault Value = 1155

Defending force 43636 troops, 249 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1019

Japanese adjusted assault: 438

Allied adjusted defense: 1426

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 3

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
1808 casualties reported
Squads: 4 destroyed, 208 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 32 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 15 disabled
Guns lost 20 (1 destroyed, 19 disabled)


Allied ground losses:
499 casualties reported
Squads: 16 destroyed, 52 disabled
Non Combat: 4 destroyed, 19 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Guns lost 15 (2 destroyed, 13 disabled)


Assaulting units:
3rd Division
34th/C Division
15th Tank Regiment
6th Division
40th/A Division
14th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
1st Army
52nd Ind.Mtn.Gun Battalion
6th Medium Field Artillery Regiment


Defending units:
55th Chinese Corps
92nd Chinese Corps
59th Chinese Corps
66th Chinese Corps
22nd Group Army

Sadly...the supply problems have already begun. I thought I would have a few more weeks. Starting to see red on a few stacks. [:(]

Now off to some World of Warships. Starting to fall in love with the Pensacola.


Image
Attachments
china16.jpg
china16.jpg (678.89 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Image
User avatar
Lokasenna
Posts: 9304
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:57 am
Location: Iowan in MD/DC

RE: Ambon falls!

Post by Lokasenna »

Try some variety in the Warships ;). Cruisers are a good go-to, but others are fun too! Sneaky DDs, sneaky...
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Ambon falls!

Post by JocMeister »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Try some variety in the Warships ;). Cruisers are a good go-to, but others are fun too! Sneaky DDs, sneaky...

I´m playing IJN DDs too. [:)] Its actually more fun the then CAs. Averaging 45k damage in my Minikaze. I might actually drop the CAs or go back to playing my Omaha. With the Pepsi I´m usually ending up in T8-T10. At those tiers it seem the norm is to sail 20k from eachother and shot until time runs out... [8|]

Its a shame because I´m getting quite fond of my Pepsi after initially hating it. Didn´t like the Cleveland on bit btw...
Image
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Ambon falls!

Post by JocMeister »

[font="Verdana"]Thoughts[/font]
______________________________________________________________________________

Very frustrating and boring times for the allies right now. With the allied withdrawal from the DEI there is nothing "fun" to look forward to now and won´t be for a while. You want to start doing "stuff" but lack the assets to do something short of strengthening a select few defensive positions and wait... Wait for the next Japanese hammer to fall somewhere.

Allied strategy is focused on strengthening OZ/NZ in these critical first months. If the Japanese attack deep into SOPAC possible reinforcements might have to take the 3 month detour over CT instead. If the Japanese launch a mainland assault at OZ or NZ I might not get those 3 months...a complete loss of OZ would be a game over event (AV wise) so sending what I can there while I can is the only thing that makes sense right now.

This is done on the expense of pretty much everything else. Usually things would be divided between OZ/India/CENTPAC/NORPAC. In a sense this game is "easier". India at this point and given the opening (attack at PH and NORPAC) is extremely unlikely. CENTPAC is already lost and with the loss of PH and Dutch NORPAC can´t really be defended. Besides smaller roadblocks there is no point in reinforcing SOPAC until I can do that in strength.

So that pretty much leaves me to reinforce OZ/NZ right now. If the Japanese comes for India I should have sufficient warning to shift forces from OZ there. I have also prepared as much as I can possibly do for a strike deep into SOPAC. This is mainly logistical efforts. I have also prepared as well as I can for a Canada/WC invasion. This is mainly fort building and force allocation by moving combat and air power forward to the coast.

So for me its pretty much a waiting game right now...





Image
User avatar
Lokasenna
Posts: 9304
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:57 am
Location: Iowan in MD/DC

RE: Ambon falls!

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Try some variety in the Warships ;). Cruisers are a good go-to, but others are fun too! Sneaky DDs, sneaky...

I´m playing IJN DDs too. [:)] Its actually more fun the then CAs. Averaging 45k damage in my Minikaze. I might actually drop the CAs or go back to playing my Omaha. With the Pepsi I´m usually ending up in T8-T10. At those tiers it seem the norm is to sail 20k from eachother and shot until time runs out... [8|]

Its a shame because I´m getting quite fond of my Pepsi after initially hating it. Didn´t like the Cleveland on bit btw...

I don't get it. My Cleveland has the highest kills per game for me, and good damage.... but my win rate is like 15% with it. My overall win rate is 48% (draws 5%). So I just don't get it. I guess I'm just getting terrible teammates whenever I'm in a Cleveland.


This game ended predictably the other night:


Image
Attachments
Thatamazinggame.jpg
Thatamazinggame.jpg (276.16 KiB) Viewed 313 times
JocMeister
Posts: 8258
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Sweden

RE: Ambon falls!

Post by JocMeister »

I actually did quite good in the Cleveland. Same performance as in the Omaha. But I hated the gun trajectory of the Cleve...Pepsi is much better and in close quarters I can 2 shot most Cruisers including Atagos and NOs. Quite fun! [:)]

Havn´t seen such horrible MMs yet as in your screens thankfully! [X(]
Image
Post Reply

Return to “After Action Reports”