OT Pet Peeves
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Pet Peeves
That's a Rigelian babelone. The only way to remove it, once it has you, is to amputate the limb (or pour Bud Lite on it). The important question is how do you remove Santa's hand from that woman's leg on the left?
RE: OT Pet Peeves
warspite1ORIGINAL: geofflambert
That's a Rigelian babelone. The only way to remove it, once it has you, is to amputate the limb (or pour Bud Lite on it). The important question is how do you remove Santa's hand from that woman's leg on the left?
That is not her leg. Gorn eyesight is notoriously bad I know, but I thought this was pretty obvious:
- her leg is behind a little bald man, sitting on the floor while licking her knee.
- grandad's hand is placed on the man's head so as to guide the licking motion.
Now Maitland, now's your time!
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Pet Peeves
You barbarians. The young lady on the left simply preferred draft to bottled beer. And as for that...appliance, well, you'll just have to let your imagination wander. As for the young lady on the left, she is a martial arts instructor. Just before this picture was taken she said "Want to loose that arm?", hence my slightly crestfallen expression [:(]
Still, the rest of the evening was entertaining [8D][:D]
Still, the rest of the evening was entertaining [8D][:D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Pet Peeves
I think I've made a major discovery. Here's a pic of Dracula.


- Attachments
-
- bramstoke..1024576.jpg (128.81 KiB) Viewed 244 times
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Pet Peeves
I believe this is him after a blood meal. That guy behind him looks a bit shriveled.


- Attachments
-
- kimjongu..aircut1.jpg (51.05 KiB) Viewed 244 times
RE: OT Pet Peeves
ORIGINAL: warspite1
warspite1ORIGINAL: Lecivius
ORIGINAL: bomccarthy
The offending ad agency is Havas Worldwide New York, who won the account in 2014. You might recognize another one of their campaigns:
![]()
That was no campaign, they just started showing images of me around the world [:D]
I think the main question is being missed here - namely: What is the woman on the right got on her left hand?
a) an oven mitten
b) a rubbish boxing glove or
c) a very small chicken?
Supplementary:
Why has she got a pint, while the saddo in the middle is tooling around with a bottle?
Just askin'......
I don't know, maybe its just me. I didn't see anything past the two babes until you guys brought it up. What guy in the middle with his hand on what? She's got something on her hand? They're drinkin' something? What???[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
RE: OT Pet Peeves
People responding to this thread versus, you know, actually playing AE [:'(]
RE: OT Pet Peeves
warspite1ORIGINAL: Numdydar
People responding to this thread versus, you know, actually playing AE [:'(]
Agreed. You should hang your head in shame.... wait? what?
Now Maitland, now's your time!
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Pet Peeves
ORIGINAL: Numdydar
People responding to this thread versus, you know, actually playing AE [:'(]
Ok, if you need a reason to return to this thread, here it is. You may respond as long as you're here.

- Attachments
-
- sophiainmotion.gif (407.84 KiB) Viewed 244 times
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Pet Peeves
Also this, from "Boy on a Dolphin".

Don't know about you, but I have a dolphin between my legs when I look at her.

Don't know about you, but I have a dolphin between my legs when I look at her.
- Attachments
-
- sophiababy.jpg (249.69 KiB) Viewed 244 times
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Pet Peeves
Ok, here's one of those "What's this" or "Identify this" thingies. How was she christened, launched, and what battles was she in?


- Attachments
-
- anitafix1000.jpg (486.75 KiB) Viewed 244 times
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Pet Peeves
Here's a report about a competition about what sorts of things you can do with/to horses. The French were not allowed to compete because, well, you know, they don't give a prize for table manners. [:D]
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/24/sport ... ef=edition
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/24/sport ... ef=edition
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Pet Peeves
Ok, no one is responding to the "what's this" post, so I'll give it up. She was christened in 1931 as "La Dolce Vita" in the Swedish Navy, launched in 1951 at the Miss Universe pageant. One of her early battles was "Abbott and Costello go to Mars" which she won handily. There is a legend that earlier, although neutral, she had appeared at the battle of Taranto and distracted the Italian Navy. She would've been only 9 so I'm doubtful about that.
- bomccarthy
- Posts: 414
- Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm
- Location: L.A.
RE: OT Pet Peeves
Early publicity shots can be tough -- I was even thinking Janet Leigh (from the eyebrows and cheekbones). I had to google the movie to find Ms. Eckberg.
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Pet Peeves
Ok, no one is responding to the "what's this" post
I was 'responding', just not in a way that I could post here.[:D] Wait, what???[:'(]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
- bomccarthy
- Posts: 414
- Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm
- Location: L.A.
RE: OT Pet Peeves
Who is the subject of this 1964 publicity photo?


- Attachments
-
- _1964.jpg (193.86 KiB) Viewed 244 times
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Pet Peeves
She looks real familiar but I can't come up with it. Here's someone I've forgotten. Don't know what to think of the guy she's with other than he's a cad, and I wouldn't buy a reverse mortgage from him. Stephanie Powers.


- Attachments
-
- stefaniep..tohart.jpg (101.34 KiB) Viewed 244 times
- bomccarthy
- Posts: 414
- Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm
- Location: L.A.
RE: OT Pet Peeves
I wasn't sure if it would be too hard. Here's a hint: her eternal rival is this 1960 Miss America contestant:


- Attachments
-
- MissNevada.jpg (121.06 KiB) Viewed 245 times




