OT Pet Peeves

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
rustysi
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am
Location: LI, NY

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by rustysi »

I gotta stop checking this thread or I'll never make that cardiologists appointment.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by geofflambert »

Oh, I have to leave. Everybody else gets to have all the fun.[:(]

User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: bomccarthy

I wasn't sure if it would be too hard. Here's a hint: her eternal rival is this 1960 Miss America contestant:

Image

Ginger and Mary Ann of course!
The Moose
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: bomccarthy

I wasn't sure if it would be too hard. Here's a hint: her eternal rival is this 1960 Miss America contestant:

Image

I'm back. Is this Mary Ann Mobely?

User avatar
bomccarthy
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: L.A.

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by bomccarthy »

Bullwinkle got it.

In spite of the offense I may be committing against most forumites (probably), from the evidence presented by these photos, I gotta vote for Ginger over Marianne.
User avatar
bomccarthy
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: L.A.

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by bomccarthy »

Christ, I even spelled her name wrong.
User avatar
Lecivius
Posts: 4845
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:53 am
Location: Denver

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: bomccarthy

Bullwinkle got it.

In spite of the offense I may be committing against most forumites (probably), from the evidence presented by these photos, I gotta vote for Ginger over Marianne.


Blasphemy!!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by geofflambert »

I guess this qualifies as a pet peeve. A couple of years ago or so I bought some of those light green garden hoses that shrink, PocketHose or some such thing. Worked great for a little while, then sprung leaks. Bought a dark green one sold I think by that actor from "Home Improvement". Much better but recently burst. So I just ordered the XHose (branded DAP but I don't know why they thought they should get in the garden hose business, maybe they heard about spendthrift me) so we'll see how that works.

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by geofflambert »

I was just reading the Consumer Reports article on this and they said they couldn't get any of them to burst except at 200 psi. I just tested the psi here and it was 50. And here in the city it just doesn't fluctuate very much. I originally got 6 of those PocketHoses and I have one left that hasn't burst (yet). They rated it the highest in performance and I can understand why. Until they burst they work real good but after they do you can't repair them. I'm telling you they are just too lightweight. The dark green ones are much more reinforced and robust, but the only one I bought finally blew.

User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: bomccarthy

Bullwinkle got it.

In spite of the offense I may be committing against most forumites (probably), from the evidence presented by these photos, I gotta vote for Ginger over Marianne.

At the time of her photo Tina had been in the movies and modeling at top agencies for at least 15 years. She had been in Playboy. Dawn was about 17-18 years old, right out of HS. Compare 1968 Dawn with 1968 Tina. Then it's a matter of preference.
The Moose
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by geofflambert »

I'm going to try and hunt up some video I saw of an older Dawn and show that age doesn't matter, she's always the best. I can't do it right now though.

User avatar
bomccarthy
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: L.A.

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by bomccarthy »

I know, I know. I don't want to start a row, like what happens on other threads. As a wise old man once said:



Image
Attachments
WalderFrey.jpg
WalderFrey.jpg (249.26 KiB) Viewed 302 times
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by geofflambert »

I've seen reports that they all fail in time. Every garden hose I ever had failed, but the old style was repairable. However, my property is 200' long and about 50' wide on average. If I want to water everything in the back yard I need 75' minimum. If I want to wash a vehicle in the garage or the alley behind I have to add a 50' hose to a 75' hose. The problem is I'm getting old and rolling up those old fashioned and very heavy hoses and carrying them around makes me consider living in an apartment. These shrink hoses are just great as far as that goes.

User avatar
HansBolter
Posts: 7457
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: United States

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I'm going to try and hunt up some video I saw of an older Dawn and show that age doesn't matter, she's always the best. I can't do it right now though.


For many years Dawn lived in the Bay Area and performed at a local dinner theater known as the Showboat:




Image
Attachments
ShowBoat.jpg
ShowBoat.jpg (64.41 KiB) Viewed 302 times
Hans

User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I'm going to try and hunt up some video I saw of an older Dawn and show that age doesn't matter, she's always the best. I can't do it right now though.

Best is subjective. In terms of "have a beer" Dawn wins hands down. She has always come across as pleasant and happy. Tina L. was very bitter after "GI", feeling it derailed her career. She had a lot of formal acting training with Lee Strasberg (sp?) and thought of herself as more than a sex symbol. I've seen clips of her from some movies in the 1950s and she was fine. No Meryl Streep, but fine in a contract-era kind of way. She was amazingly beautiful though, in an era before implants, aerobics, and personal trainers. The only actress working today who comes close for me is Sarah Rafferty (sp?), who plays Donna the legal secretary on "Suits."



Image
Attachments
donnapaul..591251.gif
donnapaul..591251.gif (50.1 KiB) Viewed 302 times
The Moose
User avatar
bomccarthy
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: L.A.

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by bomccarthy »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I'm going to try and hunt up some video I saw of an older Dawn and show that age doesn't matter, she's always the best. I can't do it right now though.

Best is subjective. In terms of "have a beer" Dawn wins hands down. She has always come across as pleasant and happy. Tina L. was very bitter after "GI", feeling it derailed her career. She had a lot of formal acting training with Lee Strasberg (sp?) and thought of herself as more than a sex symbol. I've seen clips of her from some movies in the 1950s and she was fine. No Meryl Streep, but fine in a contract-era kind of way. She was amazingly beautiful though, in an era before implants, aerobics, and personal trainers. The only actress working today who comes close for me is Sarah Rafferty (sp?), who plays Donna the legal secretary on "Suits."





Image

I think Rachel McAdams also fits this category

Image
Attachments
mcadams1a.jpg
mcadams1a.jpg (106.41 KiB) Viewed 302 times
User avatar
bomccarthy
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: L.A.

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by bomccarthy »

And Jessica Chastain



Image
Attachments
chastain 1a.jpg
chastain 1a.jpg (52.76 KiB) Viewed 302 times
User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

My impression of Rachel McAdams is she's fairly short. Sarah R. is not. Pretty close to six feet. Jessica C. is attractive, but I'm always going to see her in Zero Dark Thirty, wanting to kill people and being wound like a watch spring.
The Moose
User avatar
Feltan
Posts: 1173
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:47 am
Location: Kansas

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by Feltan »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

ORIGINAL: bomccarthy

Bullwinkle got it.

In spite of the offense I may be committing against most forumites (probably), from the evidence presented by these photos, I gotta vote for Ginger over Marianne.

At the time of her photo Tina had been in the movies and modeling at top agencies for at least 15 years. She had been in Playboy. Dawn was about 17-18 years old, right out of HS. Compare 1968 Dawn with 1968 Tina. Then it's a matter of preference.

Preference?

I'd prefer Dawn during the week, and Tina on the weekend.

Of course, voicing that opinion in the proximity of one certain Commander-in-Chief of the Home-Front (CINC-Home) could end up with me having two ear-rings that look surprisingly like my former testicles.

Oh well, I can still have a preference even if I am only allowed to share it with you hooligans.

Regards,
Feltan

User avatar
pontiouspilot
Posts: 1131
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:09 pm

RE: OT Pet Peeves

Post by pontiouspilot »

Hey man....if you put that much thought and planning and follow-up into your garden hoses I don't recommend changing vehicles!!

oops...directed to the green lizard not Feltman
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”