ORIGINAL: Zap
Its still a frustration because you have to take time out for the deposition and if it goes to court, taking the time out for that as well. Also the nervousness of living with the thing hanging over your head for a long period of time.
Though the fact that he fell off your roof and injured himself you do think that your homeowners would have to pay. But in California negligence on the part of the homeowner must be proved. I suppose its the same in New Mexico.
This was 25 years ago and back in Indiana!
I actually never had to appear in court and never gave a formal deposition other than a recorded phone call with someone from GEICO. I got a couple of letters from them and that was it. The 2nd letter said it had been dismissed and the claim was closed. Pretty easy.
Then a few months later I got some inquiries from the Worker's Compensation Board that I answered in a letter and that was followed with a letter advising that the claim had been denied for WC as well.
Never talked to the neighbor about it at all... not one word to me about what was going on. Guess they were embarrassed about suing me.





