So I see no one refuting the in game data or the historical data for Normandy.
Looking to have a reasonable/logical argument, but I see no one refuting my data with a reasonable/logical argument.
If you can refute the in game of historical data do so with something other then I don't
like the data so I disagree based on nothing.
Here is in game data and historical data again. Just so stories agreeing with someone else just so story does not refute the
data or cherry picking a quote from internet land.
I have posted data supporting each point and sadly I see none from anyone else.
Agree or post some data
Turn 49
WA Loses: 256,000
GHC Loses: 268,000
Turn 58
WA Loses: 342,000
GHC Loses: 554,000
Total loses last 10 turns
WA Loses: 86,000
GHC Loses: 286,000
Ratio: 3.5 to 1 Historical lose ratio for Normandy 1:1 and most caused by artillery fire not bombing.
Also I see no one disagreeing based on data what the causes of loses were during Normandy other then me.
Sure allot of just because I don't like the in game and historical data I disagree.
panzer lehr
Bayerlein left a remarkable account of the effects of the COBRA bombing and ground assault on his already war-weary command.
In response to postwar interrogation he wrote:
We had the main losses by pattern bombing, less by artillery, still less by tanks and smaller arms.
The actual losses of dead and wounded were approximately:
by bombing 50%
by artillery 30%
by other weapons 20%
So Operation Cobra lasted a week and loses were only 50% by bombing.
and yet WitW gives 60-70% for 10 weeks.
Recent analysis of ground combat deaths in various wars has shown that, for WW2,
military wounds and deaths were caused primarily by four sources:
Small Arms fire: 5-10% of wounds, <1% of deaths
Mortars, Grenades, Mines, and other lightweight explosive devices: 40-50% of wounds, 20-40% deaths
Artillery (primarily blast and direct fragmentation): 30-50% of wounds, 50-60% of deaths
Bombs: 5-10% of wounds, < 5% of deaths
The amounts varied heavily by the particular battle, as locale terrain plays a huge roll in determining both what
weapons are prevalent, and the effectiveness of each.
For instance, artillery had a very low impact on deaths in the various Pacific island campaigns, where the
vast majority of casualties were from mortars, grenades, and mines, followed by small arms.
and yes as per Red Lances request lets not get into the personal silly
Happy New Year everyone [:D]
