New CD

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Post Reply
mardesich
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:39 pm
Location: United States

New CD

Post by mardesich »

Is it possible to get a replacement for my original CD with a updated CD with all the versions incorporated?
User avatar
VPaulus
Posts: 3692
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 pm
Location: Portugal

RE: New CD

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: jam

Is it possible to get a replacement for my original CD with a updated CD with all the versions incorporated?
I'm sorry but that's not possible.
mardesich
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:39 pm
Location: United States

RE: New CD

Post by mardesich »

Is there a single location where I can find all the released versions for downloads?
User avatar
Mini_Von
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:14 pm

RE: New CD

Post by Mini_Von »

After you install Command from you CD then you only have to install the latest update (Version 1.10).

Here is a link to 1.10
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4031738
User avatar
VPaulus
Posts: 3692
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 pm
Location: Portugal

RE: New CD

Post by VPaulus »

Are you referring to the game installers or to patches updates?
You only need a game file installer and then update with the last patch. Patches are comprehensive, so that's the reason why you won't need any of the previous ones.

The easiest way to get a download link for a game file installer is to open a helpdesk ticket or to contact us at support[at]matrixgames.com with order details (order reference number or/and email address used for placing the order)
Please note that you don't need to download the game file installer if you have a disc, as you can install the game from it.

The last patch can be downloaded from the following page:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/483/downloads/

Always ensure that you update the game to the exact same folder where the game is installed.

Edit: You need before installing 1.10 to install 1.09:
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Comma ... e-v109.zip
mardesich
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:39 pm
Location: United States

RE: New CD

Post by mardesich »

I still get the message "Version too low" dose not recognize my V1.09 as being installed.
Beckles
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2002 5:32 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO, USA

RE: New CD

Post by Beckles »

I'm setting up a new computer right now, the version of CMANO I received was 1.05 and I get the same error mentioned by jam if I try to run the 1.10 update installer. Fortunately I think I saved the old updates ... we'll see, but in summary I agree with jam that the necessary information and downloads are not readily documented and available for all owners.

edited to add: I was able to do 1.05 to 1.09 to 1.10, didn't have to do 1.091 and/or 1.092. As I said though, I was unable to do 1.05 straight to 1.10, got the error about the version being too low.
User avatar
VPaulus
Posts: 3692
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 pm
Location: Portugal

RE: New CD

Post by VPaulus »

My apologies, you're right. I forgot to mention that you need first to install 1.09 and then update to 1.10
You can download 1.09 from the following link:
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Comma ... e-v109.zip


Please ensure that you update the game to the exact same folder where the game is installed.
mardesich
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:39 pm
Location: United States

RE: New CD

Post by mardesich »

Down loaded and Extracted V1.09 and V1.10.
Opening from the main menu displays V1.095 and Build 757.12.
Checking for updates from the Main Menu results in no response.

Thanks


User avatar
VPaulus
Posts: 3692
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 pm
Location: Portugal

RE: New CD

Post by VPaulus »

It sounds like you have a corrupted installation.

If you are running on a 64bit Windows version, please do the following procedures:

1. Uninstall CMANO

2. Download the file attached (CMANO_X64_Uninstall.zip) and unzip it.

3. Run the extracted file (CMANO_X64_Uninstall.reg) and allow the "program" to delete/edit the game Windows registry keys.

4. Download the game from the link below:
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Comma ... e-v109.zip

5. Once you have downloaded the file please unzip it. Run the extracted file to install the game.

6. Please download and install update 1.10 from the link below:
http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/Comma ... p-v110.zip

7.Unzip the downloaded file. Run the extracted file to update the game.
Attachments
CMANO_X64_Uninstall.zip
(455 Bytes) Downloaded 31 times
mardesich
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:39 pm
Location: United States

RE: New CD

Post by mardesich »

Is it advisable to uninstall the game and reinstall it with the original CD. If so, would I have to install all the updates or just a select few? I have lost track of all the updates. Do you know which one’s I would need to reinstall and where they a located?
Thanks for all your support.
User avatar
VPaulus
Posts: 3692
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 pm
Location: Portugal

RE: New CD

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: jam

Is it advisable to uninstall the game and reinstall it with the original CD.
No, it's advisable to uninstall the game and follow the steps described above.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”