What is the latest WORKING rev to SPW@W

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
gmhammerhead
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Shell Beach , CA.

What is the latest WORKING rev to SPW@W

Post by gmhammerhead »

HAve been away for a while. ( Long enough for someone else to take my login name...:-()

So, where are we at?

What is the latest (IN PLAY) rev number for SPW@W - my last DL was SPW@W 4.5?

Which of course cut the ma duce US .50 MG to a rediculous short range...so I have not been interested since that little cut.

Has the correct range been re-established?
Or is that the only way you guys could figure to give the Germans an overwhelming advantage?

Since the last time I recommended significant additions to the OOB and equipments lists, I received such a verbal drubbing from you guys and silly suggestions (like if I didn't like all of the inaccurate US stuff I could just do my own OOBs,... which would mean I would not be able to play anyone unless they would go through the considerable hassle of DLing my OOB's [although they are incredibly more fair and useful)]...
I decided to move on to other more greatful encounters.

But since I have some spare time I will submit a new revised list...for what it's worth...maybe some folks out there will realize how useful and more balanced they are.

Perhaps even the guys at this site ( even though they are probably just as smug as the last time I tried to enlighten them..) will take a closer look...rather than just sloughing this off and referring me to their "authorites-who-say-otherwise"

But all this is just anticipatory noise (moot)untill I can review your latest rev to SPW@W.

So what is the latest WORKING rev to SPW@W? Hmmm? I have 4.5.

Thanks for your patience with an old crank. :-)
"mediorcity carries its own price"
WW2'er
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: East Dundee, IL, USA

Post by WW2'er »

Latest working revision is still 4.5

Version 5.0 has been under VERY active development for sometime now and is in the final testing and bug smashing stages.

I know there have been many revisions and fixes to the OOB's (For Version 5.0) but don't know how much the American's have changed or the other changes you have suggested in the past.

WW2'er
WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'
User avatar
skukko
Posts: 1046
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by skukko »

4.5 is latest, 5th element arrives according to mr.Heaths post at coming weekend and someone uses also 4.1 4.3 and 4.4, might be olderones also, but...if you ask what is needed to play league pbems? Answer is simple: 4.5, newest available.

mosh
salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again
User avatar
Alby
Posts: 4659
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Contact:

Post by Alby »

I think your statement is somewhat unfair,
many things I myself have complained about or asked for certain changes and as far as i can tell, they have been implemnted, a few examples, wanted more suppression for non airborne troops being paradropped...added to game, wanted all arty pricing looked at,.. has been done, and adjusted. Wanted the "drive by" issue looked into...fixed.
complained about online games air entry...fixed.
there are more but I digress...
:)
so these guys do listen ! ;)

[ April 18, 2001: Message edited by: Alby ]

BlitzSS
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2000 8:00 am
Location: wasChicagoLand, now DC

Post by BlitzSS »

Well put Alby, thats been my experiences too!
I can't wait to check out Ver 5. It should be the best one yet even if it isn't perfect.
"Nuts"
User avatar
Redleg
Posts: 1317
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 8:00 am

Post by Redleg »

I suppose there are a lot of us who think we could improve this or that.... and each time we did, there would be 99 guys who disagree.

The enlightenment is appreciated but I don't happen to agree. :)
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”