Seeking Determined Allied Comander

Post here to meet players for PBM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess
Post Reply
User avatar
TheElf
Posts: 2800
Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 1:46 am
Location: Pax River, MD

Seeking Determined Allied Comander

Post by TheElf »

I am on turn 52 of Scen 19 started with Wordsmith. Unexplicably he is unable to continue ANY of his PBEM games. I won't lie, things aren't going very well for the allies right now, but I'd really hate to quit this game, as it is my 1st PBEM game. I know some experienced Allied player would love to give this one a shot. This is the situation...

Moresby fell 2 days ago, and the Japanese now have a firm hold on New Guinea at Dobadura and Gili Gili, and at Guadal Canal. The Allied Pacific fleet, as of today, is rolling from a blow struck 100 miles off the coast of Australia near Brisbane. Two fast carriers, a CVE, and their entire airwings were lost at sea in a suprise attack by the bulk of CARDIV 1. A surviving SBD pilot was able to report hits on several of the Japanese carriers, but no confirmation of the severity of damage has been made.
The American public has been spared the disheartening news in the hopes that a new Theater commander with ample reinforcments may step up and turn things around.

I have Worsmith's password for the PBEM game, though I haven't looked at his forces. His overall strategy seemd to be to abandon New Guinea and bide his time unil he could build up his forces for a strike back at the Japs.
IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

Image
User avatar
dwesolick
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:33 am
Location: Colorado

Re: Seeking Determined Allied Comander

Post by dwesolick »

Originally posted by TheElf
Unexplicably he is unable to continue ANY of his PBEM games.


I be I can take a guess why!!! ;)

So what you are saying is that you have a nice length of rope and are looking for someone to insert a neck? :p
"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur
User avatar
denisonh
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Upstate SC

Post by denisonh »

Might be worth looking at.

I had someone pick up an unfinished game for me, guess it might be my turn to do it myself.
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

No Prob

Post by mogami »

Hi, I'll take it if you still need a player. We're both in Va Bch too bad we can't take her head to head some time.
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Yamamoto
Posts: 742
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Miami, Fl. U.S.A.

Re: Re: Seeking Determined Allied Comander

Post by Yamamoto »

Originally posted by dwesolick
I bet I can take a guess why!!! ;)

So what you are saying is that you have a nice length of rope and are looking for someone to insert a neck? :p


If you were implying that he quit because he was losing, I feel you are wrong. I played one game against him and he played until the bitter end (the fall of Noumea). Playing Wordsmith was great because he could do up to 9 or 10 turns a day on the weekend. I'm sure he has some personal problems to attend to and we'll see him back again someday.

Yamamoto
User avatar
dwesolick
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:33 am
Location: Colorado

Post by dwesolick »

Sorry, just a stupid joke. Nothing personal intended.:(
"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur
User avatar
TheElf
Posts: 2800
Joined: Wed May 14, 2003 1:46 am
Location: Pax River, MD

Post by TheElf »

Actually he quit before the disatster off the coast of Brisbane. He did do a lot of turns on the weekend
IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

Image
User avatar
denisonh
Posts: 2083
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Upstate SC

Post by denisonh »

22 June 1942, Noumea, New Caledonia

With the abyssmal performance of SWPAC in the loss of Papua/New Guinea, and the inefectual support from the naval forces from SOPAC including the loss of two fleet carriers, President Roosevelt has appointed a new commmander to assume the role as Commander Joint Forces, South Pacific. Admiral Harvey Denison will assume command of all forces in the area.

This move is a seen as a solution to the disjointed effort in the defense of the critical regions of the area, by investing a single commander with responsibilities for all forces in the theater. The Allies sincerest hope is to srengthen the Allied position through a strong defense of the Allied positions in New Caledonia and Australia proper.

Though many are surprised by the move, the Australian government's dissatisfaction with MacArthur is common knowledge. Especially with the loss entotal of the 7th Australian Infantry Div in NG, and blantant disregard for the defense of Australia.

Upon assumption of command, the unusually frank Admiral Denison was heard to remark "What a bloody mess! How the hell I am I going to fix this disaster?".

Confidence is high with the expectations of improvements in the situation with the change in leadership.
"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid" -SGT John M. Stryker, USMC
Post Reply

Return to “Opponents wanted”