What's on your gaming wishlist?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

solops
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Central Texas

RE: What's on your gaming wishlist?

Post by solops »

TOAW-4
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand
BradK82
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:52 am

RE: What's on your gaming wishlist?

Post by BradK82 »

My list is short and so is the budget

1) campaign series: vietnam

2) BTS football from ootpd

Besides that perhaps some remakes if substantial such as TOAW other CS games and FHM from ootpd.

Also throw in another voice for MWIF additions.
User avatar
wodin
Posts: 10709
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:13 am
Location: England
Contact:

RE: What's on your gaming wishlist?

Post by wodin »

Agathosdaimon: A different NUTS:) The NUTS I want is 1vs1 scale, man vs man.

Ostwindflak: Honestly surprised myself. I will say now though highly unlikely I'd end up buying them all. Though U Boot is going to be reviewed as is Tactical Art of War and Chain of Command and Check your Six (review all Slitherines releases) Battletech I kickstarted and I'm hoping Dark Future is going to fill my digital Car Wars black hole (again game will be reviewed at the blog)
User avatar
LarryP
Posts: 3300
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 9:37 pm
Location: Carson City, NV

RE: What's on your gaming wishlist?

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: mtl404

I'm a big fan of lists in general and I like to make use of wishlists wherever I can (usually supplemented by an ordered, categorised Excel spreadsheet because I'm a massive nerd). My top-10 changes with the tide and I got to wondering what you fine folk have on your gaming wishlists.

Top of my wishlist:

Matrix/Slitherine game: CMANO (although that might get toppled when Order of Battle: Blitzkrieg is released)
Other (released) game: The Viceroy
Other (unreleased) game: Dishonored 2

So, what's at the top of your wishlist(s)?

The Viceroy kind of looks dead. I was thinking of getting that one too but it looks like the Devs have left it alone for some time. There are still bugs too.
User avatar
hellfish6
Posts: 695
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:09 am

RE: What's on your gaming wishlist?

Post by hellfish6 »

Destroyer Command II, whatever the CMANO guys put out next, Battletech and Cold Waters.
Mylesmata
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:17 pm
Location: UK

RE: What's on your gaming wishlist?

Post by Mylesmata »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Waiting on WOFF UE, Steel Tigers, Check Your Six, Chain of Command, Tactical Art of War, anything new for CMx2 games, NUTS PC conversion by Two Hour Wargames (rumours at the moment), Battletech, U Boot, WH40K Santos Reach, Dark Future, any new DLC for Muis Front and Before (LINK) prob others I've forgot. Obviously not all will be bought, as I expect some wont be what I expected. Funny when I started this post I didn't think I'd have many games to mention!
Ah, I've had my eye on Before for a while. It's been on my wishlist so long it's gradually drifted towards the bottom over the years. Have you heard release-date news? There are a few on your list I've not heard. Time to do some research, I think.
ORIGINAL: **budd**

Since most of what I'm looking at is a ways off, Steel tigers,new flashpoint game, CS Vietnam, CS eastfront 39-41, I'm hoping for something new for DCB perhaps extending the timeline to the end of 42, no news from Cameron in a awhile on the plans. The one game Im looking forward to that should be out this year is Frozen Synapse 2, loved the gameplay of the first game and from what I've seen the second is a big leap forward with the maps and missions.
I'd love more added to DC:B! It's the recent wargame which really drew me back into the genre. I missed Frozen Synapse the first time around (and wasn't very interested in the sport-themed pseudosequel they did). I may still give #1 a try, but I'll probably wait until #2. There'll probably be a bundle or complete edition.

Another at the top of my wishlist (but very much a wish rather than an imminent purchase) is Steel Beasts. $125 (or just under £100) is well out of my budget though.
User avatar
MrsWargamer
Posts: 1653
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:04 pm

RE: What's on your gaming wishlist?

Post by MrsWargamer »

A husband to play war games with.... yeah that would be awesome.
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
User avatar
Agathosdaimon
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:42 am

RE: What's on your gaming wishlist?

Post by Agathosdaimon »

wowsers - Cold Waters looks amazing! like a modern "Atlantic fleet" which is actually something quite unique, and would remind me of 5th Fleet.

Speaking of Steam greenlight there is also Histwar Austerlitz, which though might be dead, as the Histwar dev has been quiet for a while

also there is some other Naval Battles Simulator on Greenlight too which looks good.

I would put a vote in for cold waters but Steam Greenlight crashes all of steam when i open the cold waters page through steam itself
User avatar
Rising-Sun
Posts: 2248
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:27 am
Location: Clifton Park, NY
Contact:

RE: What's on your gaming wishlist?

Post by Rising-Sun »

War in the Pacific II
Image
aaatoysandmore
Posts: 2846
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:35 pm

RE: What's on your gaming wishlist?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Distant Worlds II with a better diplomatic and building ships AI I hope.
User avatar
rico21
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:05 am

RE: What's on your gaming wishlist?

Post by rico21 »

Leopards on the Hunt II [:D]
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: What's on your gaming wishlist?

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Top of my wishlist:

Matrix/Slitherine game: A big leap in development for MWIF in the coming year - remaining key bugs killed off, half map scenarios coded and at least some missing optionals introduced
Other (released) game: Hope Civ VI is playable on my machine and is actually better than Civ V
Other (unreleased) game: a detailed War in the Mediterranean game 1940-43
warspite1

One year later and........ [&:][:(]

Oh well, hope springs eternal Baldrick.....maybe 1 and 3 will happen next year [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”