Sex Robots Invade Britain!
Moderator: maddog986
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
Try Star Trek First Contact movie - the Borg queen is so nice !? [:D]
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
warspite1ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: warspite1
Yes but if it helps people in that position
Has Mrs. Warspite1 been telling you about my preferred positions again? [:'(]
Yes she has. But, word to the wise old fruit, your positional sense is not a winner. Her sitting in a chair watching re-runs of Spaghetti Westerns while you dress up as a cowboy, sit the other side of the room on a chair back to front (pretending its a horse) and shouting "Yee hah" and "We'll head 'em off at the pass" is not a winner.
Now Maitland, now's your time!
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
In addition to those mentioned in post #15, the recent tv series Humans touches on the subject. I've been waiting for season 2 but it keeps getting delayed. [:(]
Surrogates [2009] takes it a step further and replaces all of us with robots.
Robots are an obviously inevitable progression, and I'd like to be here 200 years from now to see what society is like. From the male viewpoint, imagine if you don't have to find a wife and struggle to hold a family together.
I was wondering if they canceled that.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
And all of you overlook Ghost in the Shell [:-]
BladeRunner. And the new Westworld.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
ORIGINAL: warspite1
warspite1ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: warspite1
Yes but if it helps people in that position
Has Mrs. Warspite1 been telling you about my preferred positions again? [:'(]
Yes she has. But, word to the wise old fruit, your positional sense is not a winner. Her sitting in a chair watching re-runs of Spaghetti Westerns while you dress up as a cowboy, sit the other side of the room on a chair back to front (pretending its a horse) and shouting "Yee hah" and "We'll head 'em off at the pass" is not a winner.
I...I...thought she liked my chaps?...


RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
Westworld...Robots...ORIGINAL: H Gilmer
ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
And all of you overlook Ghost in the Shell [:-]
BladeRunner. And the new Westworld.



- Attachments
-
- simp2.jpg (43.93 KiB) Viewed 316 times
-
- simpsonshumans.jpg (61.76 KiB) Viewed 316 times
-
- simp.jpg (75.16 KiB) Viewed 316 times
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
ORIGINAL: Mobius
I don't remember this being addressed in any sci-fi show. Maybe it's too far out there for writers to deal with. (Actually, the only way writers deal with it is having the robot AI go out of control and kill or injure humans.)
Robot sex partners certainly would limit interpersonal relationships between humans leading to less normalization of individuals. It might mean more radicalized behavior. I'm not passing judgement but unlike many sci-fi things this will happen.
Actually, many jobs will be handled by robots.
Buried in the article is the proposal by the World Health Organization to classify "failure to find a sexual partner" as a disability. That would make a very large number of people disabled. . .
The WHO might only approve if they were carbon neutral, so solar panels would have to be installed on their backsides.
Their was an episode of Twilight zone where a man was banished to Mars from earth for his crimes. A party would come every three years to bring him supplies. One visit they brought him a Robot woman companion.(I imagine sex was involved. After time, he was pardoned, when he was retrieved he broke down when he could not bring her back.
It was an episode made in 1959 called "The Lonely"
- Capt. Harlock
- Posts: 5379
- Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Los Angeles
- Contact:
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
And all of you overlook Ghost in the Shell [:-]
And going back even further:

- Attachments
-
- galaxina7..8_poster.jpg (94.04 KiB) Viewed 316 times
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?
--Victor Hugo
--Victor Hugo
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
The great actress Alice Krige !! She can also be seen in the great film Silent Hill [2006] also playing the bad guy.ORIGINAL: ncc1701e
Try Star Trek First Contact movie - the Borg queen is so nice !? [:D]
- Jim D Burns
- Posts: 4004
- Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2002 6:00 pm
- Location: Salida, CA.
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
ORIGINAL: AbwehrX
We live inside a Brave New World now.
[X(]
It's lead to the huge Herbivore man problem in Japan and now we have the growing MGTOW movement in the west. Strange new world indeed, it doesn't bode well for the long term prospects of our society or culture going forward.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4GQV2HkGmY
Jim
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
MGTOW, interesting and I have seen it for years. Especially on TV when I used to watch the worthless thing. Women being the dominant and smarter ones, men being stupid and always wrong. Shows like "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "Home Improvement." They were worthless.
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
warspite1ORIGINAL: LarryP
.....Women being the dominant and smarter ones, men being stupid and always wrong.
Sounds like chez warspite where, as a bloke, I am out-numbered 3:1 and am constantly made to feel stupid and always in the wrong.... although to be fair that is because I am stupid and always in the wrong.....[:D]
Now Maitland, now's your time!
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
ORIGINAL: warspite1
although to be fair that is because I am stupid and always in the wrong.....[:D]
Thank you for your honesty, insight and clarity. Thank you also for providing me with my new .sig file tagline for this site. [8D]

RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
ORIGINAL: warspite1
warspite1ORIGINAL: LarryP
.....Women being the dominant and smarter ones, men being stupid and always wrong.
Sounds like chez warspite where, as a bloke, I am out-numbered 3:1 and am constantly made to feel stupid and always in the wrong.... although to be fair that is because I am stupid and always in the wrong.....[:D]
See, it worked on you. Now they have you believing it. [;)]
- Jim D Burns
- Posts: 4004
- Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2002 6:00 pm
- Location: Salida, CA.
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
ORIGINAL: LarryP
MGTOW, interesting and I have seen it for years. Especially on TV when I used to watch the worthless thing. Women being the dominant and smarter ones, men being stupid and always wrong. Shows like "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "Home Improvement." They were worthless.
I think the rise of MGTOW and other movements like it has more to do with feminist policies dominating our education system, they decided that being male was a problem and started pumping any rambunctious boy full of Ritalin and other meds to turn him into a more easily managed zombie. Decades of this treatment and policies in schools that taught that competitiveness and other male traits were wrong has trained out the normal male dominance traits.
I think young men are growing up lost and feeling like something isn't right in the world, so they are disengaging from society. It took decades to get to this point, I'm not sure it can be fixed in time given that birth rates for western nations already range in the 1.1 - 1.8 range and are still falling.
Jim
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
What about the western world with increasing teen pregnancies? Some articles over WWW make it sound like USA and UK have more teen pregnancies than (parts of the) Middle East where half of the women/girls get married by age of 18ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns
I think young men are growing up lost and feeling like something isn't right in the world, so they are disengaging from society. It took decades to get to this point, I'm not sure it can be fixed in time given that birth rates for western nations already range in the 1.1 - 1.8 range and are still falling.

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.
MekWars
MekWars
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
What about the western world with increasing teen pregnancies? Some articles over WWW make it sound like USA and UK have more teen pregnancies than (parts of the) Middle East where half of the women/girls get married by age of 18ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

[/quote]
This is the right information about teen pregnancy in the United States...it's being going down at least since 1991! I don't know where you get your false information...[8|]
http://www.cdc.gov/teenpregnancy/about/
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns
ORIGINAL: LarryP
MGTOW, interesting and I have seen it for years. Especially on TV when I used to watch the worthless thing. Women being the dominant and smarter ones, men being stupid and always wrong. Shows like "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "Home Improvement." They were worthless.
I think the rise of MGTOW and other movements like it has more to do with feminist policies dominating our education system, they decided that being male was a problem and started pumping any rambunctious boy full of Ritalin and other meds to turn him into a more easily managed zombie. Decades of this treatment and policies in schools that taught that competitiveness and other male traits were wrong has trained out the normal male dominance traits.
I think young men are growing up lost and feeling like something isn't right in the world, so they are disengaging from society. It took decades to get to this point, I'm not sure it can be fixed in time given that birth rates for western nations already range in the 1.1 - 1.8 range and are still falling.
Jim
Not mine. That boy of mine is of the firm belief that HE can conquer anything [8D]
A fathers job...well done[:D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
- TulliusDetritus
- Posts: 5581
- Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:49 am
- Location: The Zone™
RE: Sex Robots Invade Britain!
ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns
I think the rise of MGTOW and other movements like it has more to do with feminist policies dominating our education system, they decided that being male was a problem and started pumping any rambunctious boy full of Ritalin and other meds to turn him into a more easily managed zombie.
You're hilarious [:D]
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
- PipFromSlitherine
- Posts: 1523
- Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 pm










