OT Things to ponder
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
I took Gen Patton's advice I added a switch and it did indeed solve the scrolling problem. edit: I meant checking the Tech forum thread. The -dd_sw switch fixed it.
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -fd -altfont -px1920 -py1080 -archive -cpu1 -w -dd_sw
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -fd -altfont -px1920 -py1080 -archive -cpu1 -w -dd_sw
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
Now, I added the -deepColor switch but don't see any differance. Whatever. But in windows mode the window is actually for some reason a wee bit bigger than the screen. I probably need to adjust the screen size but it just seems it would be easiest to get out of windows mode. Removing the -w switch doesn't work and returns an error. Here's a screen grab of how it appears when I start up, the "- box x" part of the top tool bar is obscured outside of the screen.


- Attachments
-
- ScreenHunt..1612.22.jpg (237.46 KiB) Viewed 406 times
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
If I pull it down to expose those, the Windows toolbar covers the bottom part of the game screen. I used to never use that part but I'd like to have the option. See below:


- Attachments
-
- ScreenHunt..1612.22.jpg (320.62 KiB) Viewed 406 times
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
If I could just stop using windows mode that would probably make it ok. What do I put in in place of "-w"?
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
I figure I need to throw in a babe for your help.


- Attachments
-
- babea.jpg (325.45 KiB) Viewed 406 times
RE: OT Things to ponder
Talk about bombshells!ORIGINAL: geofflambert
I figure I need to throw in a babe for your help.
![]()
RE: OT Things to ponder
Try;
-fd
In place of -w
Full screen and daily save....GP
-fd
In place of -w
Full screen and daily save....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
RE: OT Things to ponder
And change the Windows options so it is not Always On Top (nod at BBfanboy [;)] )
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
ORIGINAL: Lecivius
And change the Windows options so it is not Always On Top (nod at BBfanboy [;)] )
How do I do that? I've got the full screen working now, and I noticed that with a combination of hitting the escape key and dragging the toolbar at top sometimes returned me to my desktop without losing the game, but I couldn't figure out a consistent way of doing that. Would be really convenient if I could figure that out.
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
Here's a Britt for you


- Attachments
-
- brittekland.jpg (414.61 KiB) Viewed 406 times
RE: OT Things to ponder
ORIGINAL: geofflambert
ORIGINAL: Lecivius
And change the Windows options so it is not Always On Top (nod at BBfanboy [;)] )
How do I do that? I've got the full screen working now, and I noticed that with a combination of hitting the escape key and dragging the toolbar at top sometimes returned me to my desktop without losing the game, but I couldn't figure out a consistent way of doing that. Would be really convenient if I could figure that out.

- Attachments
-
- th.jpg (80.99 KiB) Viewed 406 times
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: OT Things to ponder
[;)] You wouldn't have to be James Bond to figure out the key combination.ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Zorch
Talk about bombshells!
How about those contact fuses? [X(]
RE: OT Things to ponder
Why the nod at me? I can nod off all by myself! [>:]ORIGINAL: Lecivius
And change the Windows options so it is not Always On Top (nod at BBfanboy [;)] )
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
- geofflambert
- Posts: 14887
- Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
- Location: St. Louis
RE: OT Things to ponder
So I went to Jury Duty and took a new book to start, Pacific Crucible. I know that lots of people think they're more literate than me (I learned this from Percy Dovetonsils) and Ian is probably one of them, but he used the following construction: "an history". Now we have both the word "a" and the word "an" for a reason. It's not because if you use the wrong one and step on a tile on the floor that causes you to fall into a dungeon. It's about sound. Some think that you use "an" before a vowel, and "a" before a consonant. I wonder if they know that "y" can be either one or the other? They are half right, but it matters not what letter was pressed in ink upon a piece of paper but what the sound is. It should in all cases be "a history" because in that case the "h" is most definitely a consonant. It should be "an hour" as the "h" in that case is silent, it is a mere ornament. This is so because the intercession of the "n" between two vowels helps one distinguish that there are two words, not one. For instance, "ahistorical" is a word but what does it sound like? It means 'not historical' and we pronounce the 'a', "not", as a short a, whereas when we say "a historical" we pronounce the the "a" as a long a. I always run into people who disagree for some unintelligible reason but as soon as I'm done smiting AW1Steve I will be Emperor of the Earth and everyone will have to do as I say and think as I tell them to.
Now I ran into an interesting quote in Toll's book from an editorial in the San Francisco Chronicle not long after the Great San Francisco Earthquake referencing difficulties finding school infrastructure for children and considerations about, let's say, the rationing of the available resources vis-a-vis immigrant children. The SF Chronicle was a Hearst newspaper and you may know that he was the inspiration for "Citizen Kane". He was also a very bad boy at times, a rabble-rouser, militarist and nationalist. The quote is "Japan sent us not her fittest, but her unfittest; she has sent us the scum that has collected up on the surface of the boiling waters of her new national life, the human waste material for which she herself can find no use." Sounds eerily familiar but I can't place it at the moment.
Now I ran into an interesting quote in Toll's book from an editorial in the San Francisco Chronicle not long after the Great San Francisco Earthquake referencing difficulties finding school infrastructure for children and considerations about, let's say, the rationing of the available resources vis-a-vis immigrant children. The SF Chronicle was a Hearst newspaper and you may know that he was the inspiration for "Citizen Kane". He was also a very bad boy at times, a rabble-rouser, militarist and nationalist. The quote is "Japan sent us not her fittest, but her unfittest; she has sent us the scum that has collected up on the surface of the boiling waters of her new national life, the human waste material for which she herself can find no use." Sounds eerily familiar but I can't place it at the moment.
RE: OT Things to ponder
ORIGINAL: geofflambert
So I went to Jury Duty and took a new book to start, Pacific Crucible. I know that lots of people think they're more literate than me (I learned this from Percy Dovetonsils) and Ian is probably one of them, but he used the following construction: "an history". Now we have both the word "a" and the word "an" for a reason. It's not because if you use the wrong one and step on a tile on the floor that causes you to fall into a dungeon. It's about sound. Some think that you use "an" before a vowel, and "a" before a consonant. I wonder if they know that "y" can be either one or the other? They are half right, but it matters not what letter was pressed in ink upon a piece of paper but what the sound is. It should in all cases be "a history" because in that case the "h" is most definitely a consonant. It should be "an hour" as the "h" in that case is silent, it is a mere ornament. This is so because the intercession of the "n" between two vowels helps one distinguish that there are two words, not one. For instance, "ahistorical" is a word but what does it sound like? It means 'not historical' and we pronounce the 'a', "not", as a short a, whereas when we say "a historical" we pronounce the the "a" as a long a. I always run into people who disagree for some unintelligible reason but as soon as I'm done smiting AW1Steve I will be Emperor of the Earth and everyone will have to do as I say and think as I tell them to.
Now I ran into an interesting quote in Toll's book from an editorial in the San Francisco Chronicle not long after the Great San Francisco Earthquake referencing difficulties finding school infrastructure for children and considerations about, let's say, the rationing of the available resources vis-a-vis immigrant children. The SF Chronicle was a Hearst newspaper and you may know that he was the inspiration for "Citizen Kane". He was also a very bad boy at times, a rabble-rouser, militarist and nationalist. The quote is "Japan sent us not her fittest, but her unfittest; she has sent us the scum that has collected up on the surface of the boiling waters of her new national life, the human waste material for which she herself can find no use." Sounds eerily familiar but I can't place it at the moment.
[:D]

- Attachments
-
- th.jpg (8.51 KiB) Viewed 406 times
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
RE: OT Things to ponder
I think he's off his meds....GP


IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team
"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
RE: OT Things to ponder
I'm afraid to ask - what meds would a Gorn take? Are they natural meds? Approved by the Gorn FDA? What's the Gorn equivalent of LSD?
RE: OT Things to ponder
ORIGINAL: geofflambert
So I went to Jury Duty and took a new book to start, Pacific Crucible. I know that lots of people think they're more literate than me (I learned this from Percy Dovetonsils) and Ian is probably one of them, but he used the following construction: "an history". Now we have both the word "a" and the word "an" for a reason. It's not because if you use the wrong one and step on a tile on the floor that causes you to fall into a dungeon. It's about sound. Some think that you use "an" before a vowel, and "a" before a consonant. I wonder if they know that "y" can be either one or the other? They are half right, but it matters not what letter was pressed in ink upon a piece of paper but what the sound is. It should in all cases be "a history" because in that case the "h" is most definitely a consonant. It should be "an hour" as the "h" in that case is silent, it is a mere ornament. This is so because the intercession of the "n" between two vowels helps one distinguish that there are two words, not one. For instance, "ahistorical" is a word but what does it sound like? It means 'not historical' and we pronounce the 'a', "not", as a short a, whereas when we say "a historical" we pronounce the the "a" as a long a. I always run into people who disagree for some unintelligible reason but as soon as I'm done smiting AW1Steve I will be Emperor of the Earth and everyone will have to do as I say and think as I tell them to.
Now I ran into an interesting quote in Toll's book from an editorial in the San Francisco Chronicle not long after the Great San Francisco Earthquake referencing difficulties finding school infrastructure for children and considerations about, let's say, the rationing of the available resources vis-a-vis immigrant children. The SF Chronicle was a Hearst newspaper and you may know that he was the inspiration for "Citizen Kane". He was also a very bad boy at times, a rabble-rouser, militarist and nationalist. The quote is "Japan sent us not her fittest, but her unfittest; she has sent us the scum that has collected up on the surface of the boiling waters of her new national life, the human waste material for which she herself can find no use." Sounds eerily familiar but I can't place it at the moment.
When your done smiting me? Dude , I'll be in a nursing home before you launch a single electron! Is this some kind of pathetic lizard trash talk? Admit it, you know I'm going to destroy you! You know it, and your just green with envy! [:D][:D]







