OT Things to ponder

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15208
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by btd64 »

Look in the stickied scenario thread in design and modding....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

Found it! tm.asp?m=3599038

Now I just have to figure it out

User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20768
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by BBfanboy »

Rather than rename the map sections, create a folder called "Stock Map" and move the sections there.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

I'm backing up the entire ART folder. I'll name it STOCK ART. Then I guess I'll extract the new maps to the original ART folder. I think he has some updates I need to download and install, like national borders. On the map I was using I had previously drawn in borders myself so I wouldn't accidentally move restricted units across them, Manchukuo for instance.

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

You can see my fantastic border art in orange here


Image
Attachments
manchukuo.jpg
manchukuo.jpg (495.06 KiB) Viewed 374 times

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

Ok, did that, downloaded chemkids dot project stock map and extracted it to the ART folder but everything looks the same as before. Here's the Arabian Sea, the red arrow is where my cursor was pointed. Looks like the extended map to me, did I do something wrong?

Image
Attachments
arabiansea.jpg
arabiansea.jpg (334.73 KiB) Viewed 374 times

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

Here's the Solomons with Buin showing "Shortlands"


Image
Attachments
buinorshortlands.jpg
buinorshortlands.jpg (291.66 KiB) Viewed 374 times

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

Found the map in its own folder "Topo Map Project Dot (S)

I'll fix that.

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

Solved, now I'll get those border patches.

User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

I have borders! (in amber)



Image
Attachments
borders.jpg
borders.jpg (323.47 KiB) Viewed 374 times

User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15208
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by btd64 »

Your pretty smart for a Gorn.[:'(]....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: General Patton

Your pretty smart for a Gorn.[:'(]....GP
That sounds vaguely racist...is the Gorn Anti-Defamation Society (GADS) listening?
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Zorch
ORIGINAL: General Patton

Your pretty smart for a Gorn.[:'(]....GP
That sounds vaguely racist...is the Gorn Anti-Defamation Society (GADS) listening?

No such thing. I am, however, a member of the Green Actors Guild and we are not happy. We're really tired of only getting a few parts, like The Creature From The Black Lagoon. I auditioned for The Blue Lagoon. Don't understand why I didn't get it.

rockmedic109
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am
Location: Citrus Heights, CA

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by rockmedic109 »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

ORIGINAL: Zorch
ORIGINAL: General Patton

Your pretty smart for a Gorn.[:'(]....GP
That sounds vaguely racist...is the Gorn Anti-Defamation Society (GADS) listening?

No such thing. I am, however, a member of the Green Actors Guild and we are not happy. We're really tired of only getting a few parts, like The Creature From The Black Lagoon. I auditioned for The Blue Lagoon. Don't understand why I didn't get it.
Too pretty for the part.
User avatar
btd64
Posts: 15208
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am
Location: Lancaster, OHIO

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

ORIGINAL: Zorch


That sounds vaguely racist...is the Gorn Anti-Defamation Society (GADS) listening?

No such thing. I am, however, a member of the Green Actors Guild and we are not happy. We're really tired of only getting a few parts, like The Creature From The Black Lagoon. I auditioned for The Blue Lagoon. Don't understand why I didn't get it.
Too pretty for the part.

To GREEN for the part....GP
IntelUltra7 16cores, 32gb ram, NvidiaGeForceRTX 2050
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
WIS Manual Team Lead & Beta Support Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command" Gen. George S. Patton
WiS Discord channel coming soon....
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

ORIGINAL: Zorch
ORIGINAL: General Patton

Your pretty smart for a Gorn.[:'(]....GP
That sounds vaguely racist...is the Gorn Anti-Defamation Society (GADS) listening?

No such thing. I am, however, a member of the Green Actors Guild and we are not happy. We're really tired of only getting a few parts, like The Creature From The Black Lagoon. I auditioned for The Blue Lagoon. Don't understand why I didn't get it.
How about Soylent Green? Green Acres? Gorn of Green Gables?
User avatar
geofflambert
Posts: 14887
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: St. Louis

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

Yes, yes, well beginning today 1/20/2017 it's Gorning in America.

rockmedic109
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 11:02 am
Location: Citrus Heights, CA

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by rockmedic109 »

"Gorning"? I hope that has nothing to do with lizard mating rituals.....
User avatar
witpqs
Posts: 26376
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Argleton

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Yes, yes, well beginning today 1/20/2017 it's Gorning in America.
"Making America Gorn Again!"??? [:D]
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by Zorch »

Gone Gorn? How Gorn Was My Valley?
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”