Anyone interested in Scenario 14?

Post here to meet players for PBM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess
Post Reply
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

Anyone interested in Scenario 14?

Post by Ron Saueracker »

I've always wanted to play Scen 14 PBEM. The Guadalcanal campaign was historically one of the most evenly balanced campaigns of the war. It also offers less chance of CV "Death Stars" roving the seas and as a result, more reliance on conservative and well thought out play. Huge challenge for the Japanese player, a near impossible task many believe.

Any takers? I'll play either side.

Variable arrival.

100% commitment both sides.

IJN sub doctrine off. (this I believe should be more a player choice of deployment doctrine rather than an AI refusal to sink merchants)

USN damage control on.

House rules.

1) Argonaut not to be used as minelayer as she was historically converted to a transport.

2) Subs only to be based at Truk, Rabaul, Brisbane, Noumea or any size 6 port. No gattling gun patrols due to refuel and rearming at fishing jetty sized bases. (Subs needed substantial facilities)

3) No night attacks by 1E float planes...too effective for my taste.

I've only got 2 active games going, many of my opponents are on hiatus. I have a high turn around rate as a result of this and am on sick leave. Would really like an opponent who can pump out at least one turn in the morning and one at night.;)
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
fcooke
Posts: 1158
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:37 pm
Location: Boston, London, Hoboken, now Warwick, NY

Why not

Post by fcooke »

Ron - I'll take you up on this. Have just finished a game getting trounced by Yamamoto so could use a good dose of not having to take on the whole IJN at one shot. I'll take the Allies. I've never looked at 14 before but that should make it more interesting. Is the limit on mine warfare just restricting the Argo? Does that mean offensive minefields are OK? Let me know, not fussed either way. If you're good to go send opening move to frank.cooke1@virgin.net. I'm in the UK but do tend to do one move in the am and one in the evening most days. More in my evenings if you're around during the day. Some days the pub gets in the way (beer is good).

Frank
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

OK!

Post by Ron Saueracker »

fcooke is in!

Been pubbing in London. Stayed 4 days with a buddy who works at the BBC on the way back from Greece. Had 5 pints before I got out of Heathrow, so ya can imagine the number of jars I poured down my face over the 4 days! Spent more money during that time than 5 weeks in Greece. London is REALLY overpriced! Old moneyed landowners should be shot...:p
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
fcooke
Posts: 1158
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:37 pm
Location: Boston, London, Hoboken, now Warwick, NY

Beer

Post by fcooke »

Beer is about the only thing that is priced reasonably in London. It's under $5 USD for a pint (imperial) of good beer (say Stella Artois, about 19 ounces of 5.1% alcohol), while a 12once bottle of Bud in NY costs about the same (crap beer, about 3% alcohol). OK, so NY is overpriced too. But I never regret any money spent in a London pub.:D
Christof
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:51 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by Christof »

...about the only problem is that they close down after 23.00h. You start to hate that sound of a bell ringing... "Last order please!"

Better over here in Germany. The pint in Hamburg is about 3 USD and at 23.00h the party is only about to start. ;)

Cheers,
Chris
User avatar
Ron Saueracker
Posts: 10967
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada OR Zakynthos Island, Greece

Post by Ron Saueracker »

Originally posted by Christof
...about the only problem is that they close down after 23.00h. You start to hate that sound of a bell ringing... "Last order please!"

Better over here in Germany. The pint in Hamburg is about 3 USD and at 23.00h the party is only about to start. ;)

Cheers,
Chris


My BBC buddy heads over there almost every weekend. I've been to the Munich Oktoberfest and can't remember a better time. I love Germany, the food, beer, wine, frauleins, schnapps, plum cake, marzipan, history...the whole kitankabootle.:D

Got family in Wurzburg (Heidingsfeld). Also spent time in Lahr and Baden-Soelingen.
Image

Image

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
Post Reply

Return to “Opponents wanted”