Air strikes/Close support

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
CSCOTR
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Merritt British Columbia Canada

Air strikes/Close support

Post by CSCOTR »

I have had this problem with 4.5 with using B-17's for suppressing/destroying infantry.If my HQ or FO issues an air strike ,more often than not the 17's go chasing after armored vehicles instead of the intended target area.I even check the FO's field of view. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Thanks. :confused:
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

This is fixed in ver 5...Bombers land near where you plot them (mostly) not chasing after units.
Wild Bill
Posts: 6428
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Smyrna, Ga, 30080

Post by Wild Bill »

The medium-heavy bomber routine has been changed and I think you will find it much improved.

Once you assign an area for aerial bombardment, that area will be bombed whether anything is there or not :D

I'm not sure if tactical strikes have changed from that or not. I have seen them go after other targets than just tanks and trucks.

Wild Bill
Image
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”