Pointe Du Hoc

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Toothpick95
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 06, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Texas

Pointe Du Hoc

Post by Toothpick95 »

Greetings....

I am new to this list, and I must say I have been enjoying immencly what I have been reading so far.

I'm still using the old v. 4.2 because I cant find any working upgrades, but should be going for 5.0 eventually.


My question is, does anyone know of a scenario detailing the 2nd Ranger Assault on Pointe du Hoc on June 6th?

If I need to design my own scenario, can anyone suggest how to simulate scaling the 100 foot cliffs?

I have some accurate maps, but the fine tune details are escaping me.

Thanks. :)
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

THere are two maps in the maps folder (by Drake) but no scenario.
Toothpick95
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 06, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Texas

Post by Toothpick95 »

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
THere are two maps in the maps folder (by Drake) but no scenario.

Where? I looked through all the maps included with the game. I also tried to look up online maps by "Drake" and using keywords...Pointe du Hoc, Hoc, and a whole slew of other things.

Sorry If I'm being clueless here, I am just reading about Rudder's Rangers, and am interested in a scenario.


:confused: :confused: :confused:
Wild Bill
Posts: 6428
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Smyrna, Ga, 30080

Post by Wild Bill »

Check your e-mail, Toothpick!

And welcome to the forum. I've been meaning to do this scenario for the longest.

There are cliffs in the newest version that once you have it, you can add for the effect you want.

WB
Image
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Wild Bill
Posts: 6428
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Smyrna, Ga, 30080

Post by Wild Bill »

Well, you have your e-mail address blocked so I can't send the maps. I tried...WB
Image
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
User avatar
Paul Vebber
Posts: 5342
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Portsmouth RI
Contact:

Post by Paul Vebber »

If you have v5 go to the scenario editor and in the maps section hit load and then they on the third page of maps that came with the game. They are already in the game - you don't have to download them!
Toothpick95
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 06, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Texas

Post by Toothpick95 »

Originally posted by Wild Bill:
Well, you have your e-mail address blocked so I can't send the maps. I tried...WB

Ack! :eek:

Thanks for trying my friend....

I think I fixed it....my email that is.
Wild Bill
Posts: 6428
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Smyrna, Ga, 30080

Post by Wild Bill »

They have both been sent to you..WB
Image
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”