Looking for IJN Player

Post here to meet players for PBM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess
Post Reply
joliverlay
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:12 am

Looking for IJN Player

Post by joliverlay »

Here is the situation:

I'm currently playing three games as the Allied. Im winning one (Scenario19), losing one (Scenario 17) and one is in doubt (also 17). However, I'n not getting emails every day even with three games. I'd like to do at least two turns per day (more on weekends) so I'm looking for another game with a Japanese player.


I have had some problems in games. One IJN quite because he could not provoke a fight in the first three months of the long campaign (#19). [I'm two conservative for some.] Another has not responded after I sent our saves to Matrix for review and asked him to send Matrix his password. [I report potential bugs like completely different combat reports....some people don't like that?]

Anyway if your interested I'd like to play Allied, with Allied Damage control on, Jap Sub Doctrine Off, very variable reinforcements, and perhaps 100(us) to 120 (japanese) committment?

Any interest? Let me know at jlay@uark.edu or joliverlay@pgtc.net (maybe it is joliverlay@pgtc.com). I can respond to moves from two different computers.

Thanks.
joliverlay
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:12 am

Thanks

Post by joliverlay »

Thanks, I've got enough responses for now. Will post for another opponent when a game ends.
User avatar
mogami
Posts: 11053
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2000 8:00 am
Location: You can't get here from there

Passwords

Post by mogami »

Hi, I don't think matrix needs passwords. Just the save game files are enough. (They have ways of making them talk)
Image




I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
joliverlay
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:12 am

Matrxi Need for Passwords

Post by joliverlay »

Magomi,

Probably some of the programers don't need them, but U2 has indicated to me at least that he does need them.

Also of note is the fact that I have been contacted by another player. It seems we both played the same IJN opponent. We both had MAJOR descrepencies in our replays (to the SEVER disadvantage of the Allied Player) with this player only (minor quarks with others on occassion) and we both noted that the player ceased contact with both of us after being asked to give password information to U2.

U2 has save game files for both games, but as noted above the player seems not to have given his password to U2 and I have not seen an email from him (the player) for quite some time now.

Previous comments about this problem being specific and not general seem to be true.
Post Reply

Return to “Opponents wanted”