Let us know if you find Amelia Earhart.ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
20 May 43
4 Fleet
I’ve noticed that Ted doesn’t seem to have any troops on Baker Island. I’ve been prepping an SNLF for that and have loaded them up to possibly invade. I’m moving them from Truk to Kwajalein with surface support. I also have an airborne regiment available and may try using them. Just harassment really. If it works, I may fly out some AS and put a few floatplanes out there for extended search.
Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Captains and crews of new tankers uniformly suck. Send them to haul oil from Fusan to Shimoneski in coastal waters for a month first, before sending them out to brave the wilds.
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16739
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
That's a really good idea Lowpe, but I rarely remember to do things like that. Gotta try to get that idea into this ole brain.
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Must of been these guys.


- Attachments
-
- roberts1j.jpg (45.74 KiB) Viewed 332 times
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
I forgot about the AKEs! I have 2 there, both with 4900 capacity. One is down to 3394 and the other is down to 3396. Someone said they wouldn't replenish the Yamatos main battery. Apparently, that was incorrect.
That is totally correct. Japan doesn't have an AKE capable of replenishing the Yamato's. AKE's of 4900 are the largest she has and they are not enough.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
As you already read, the Yamato and Musashi replenished their main gun ammo at Etorofu, a size 3 port with no naval support but with 2x AKEs (Lima I think?).
That shouldn't work AFAIK. IIRC the Yamato's main gun armament requires a reload of 6400. That's a level 7 port with 88 NS, again IIRC (don't have the manual right now). In addition AKE's do not add so two can't reload larger ammo than one, although they could reload a larger amount of ammo.
Is it possible something else is afoot here? Are there any changes with the latest patch?
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
I have 620 armament factories and 500 of them have been shut off for months. I just turned on another 100. My armament pool is currently 106,890 and increasing very slightly each day. I have set a new goal of 150k.
No personal experience in this matter, but I have read from those with far more experienced than myself that this is not a good idea. The reason they state is that beginning around mid-43 Japan starts to get a bunch of LCU's that'll suck up the armaments pool. You are right about at that point so I'd think about turning them all back on, especially since I personally consider 106K to be rather short (I always go for at least 150k).
Anyway, hopefully someone with more knowledge than myself will chime in here.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16739
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
ORIGINAL: rustysi
I forgot about the AKEs! I have 2 there, both with 4900 capacity. One is down to 3394 and the other is down to 3396. Someone said they wouldn't replenish the Yamatos main battery. Apparently, that was incorrect.
That is totally correct. Japan doesn't have an AKE capable of replenishing the Yamato's. AKE's of 4900 are the largest she has and they are not enough.
Ok, no argument here. But then, how does a size 3 port replenish the Yamato's main batteries?
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Perhaps the manual is wrong.ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
ORIGINAL: rustysi
I forgot about the AKEs! I have 2 there, both with 4900 capacity. One is down to 3394 and the other is down to 3396. Someone said they wouldn't replenish the Yamatos main battery. Apparently, that was incorrect.
That is totally correct. Japan doesn't have an AKE capable of replenishing the Yamato's. AKE's of 4900 are the largest she has and they are not enough.
Ok, no argument here. But then, how does a size 3 port replenish the Yamato's main batteries?
In theory, if a port (or repair ship) has a crane that can handle 3200 lb shells it should be able to replenish Yamato.
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Miike,ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
ORIGINAL: rustysi
I forgot about the AKEs! I have 2 there, both with 4900 capacity. One is down to 3394 and the other is down to 3396. Someone said they wouldn't replenish the Yamatos main battery. Apparently, that was incorrect.
That is totally correct. Japan doesn't have an AKE capable of replenishing the Yamato's. AKE's of 4900 are the largest she has and they are not enough.
Ok, no argument here. But then, how does a size 3 port replenish the Yamato's main batteries?
I don't have an answer, or at least a good one to this.
Hopefully, Alfred will confirm, but I agree, from what I know Yamato should not be able to re-arm at a size 3 port without every Naval HQ IJ has, and I don't think she has enough.
BUT, I have had things like this happen to me as well ...
JWE used to say it was due to memory leaks. Maybe. Maybe not. However, I tend to agree with him.
Pax
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Are you stock or beta? I think there may have been an error in stock allowing ake to rearm the big girls....or at least I vaguely remember Michael addressing it in a patch note somewhere.
Or I could be totally mistaken.[;)]
Or I could be totally mistaken.[;)]
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16739
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Thanks for the input, guys. Just another of those weird things that make you shrug and move on. Lowpe, it's a stock campaign with the most recent patch.
Off at noon today and I have a turn sitting in my inbox. [:D]
Off at noon today and I have a turn sitting in my inbox. [:D]
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Recheck your AKs for conversions. I'm pretty sure the Japanese have one or two that make very large AKEs that can replenish the Yamatos ammo. They should have a capacity of around 6000 tons when converted. Either that or naval support can be added to the AKE capacity or large port to get enough points to do the job. Lots of IJN players use the Yamatos in bombardments and they don't have to go all the way back to Japan to replenish.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
* Yamato/Musashi may also rearm at a Port-9, or a Port-8 with at least 88 Naval Support
squads
Page 284 rulebook. 1280 Naval support needed at a Port 3. Tenders not allowed.
squads
Page 284 rulebook. 1280 Naval support needed at a Port 3. Tenders not allowed.
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
I vaguely remember something like that but not any details. I seem to recall it was a long time ago so maybe it is in the latest 'official' anyway??ORIGINAL: Lowpe
Are you stock or beta? I think there may have been an error in stock allowing ake to rearm the big girls....or at least I vaguely remember Michael addressing it in a patch note somewhere.
Or I could be totally mistaken.[;)]
Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/view/staffmonkeys/home
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
OK - I checked the stock Scenario 1 for conversions to AKE and the biggest I could find is the Yusen N converting to 4900 capacity AKEs. Since that is not enough to rearm an Iowa class, it won't be enough to rearm a Yamato. In the reinforcement queue the largest AKs were the Std A type just over 6000 capacity as an xAK, but it doesn't show if they can convert in that list.
What I saw may have been an AKE creation in a mod to give the Japanese player a chance to rearm the Yamatos without having to go all the way back to Truk.
What I saw may have been an AKE creation in a mod to give the Japanese player a chance to rearm the Yamatos without having to go all the way back to Truk.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
ORIGINAL: rustysi
As you already read, the Yamato and Musashi replenished their main gun ammo at Etorofu, a size 3 port with no naval support but with 2x AKEs (Lima I think?).
That shouldn't work AFAIK. IIRC the Yamato's main gun armament requires a reload of 6400. That's a level 7 port with 88 NS, again IIRC (don't have the manual right now). In addition AKE's do not add so two can't reload larger ammo than one, although they could reload a larger amount of ammo.
Is it possible something else is afoot here? Are there any changes with the latest patch?
Yeah, my numbers are a bit off. Its a 6440 load and can be done at a level 7 port with 188 NS.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Just another of those weird things that make you shrug and move on.
Agreed. BTW for those of you that may not be aware, there's a quick and easy check to see if a ships' ordnance may be reloaded by the port they are at/in. The number that shows the max ammo in parenthesis will be green.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Yes, there are two in the newest version of BTS which has the Yamato Class. So, you can use the fuel hogs far from home. [:D]What I saw may have been an AKE creation in a mod to give the Japanese player a chance to rearm the Yamatos without having to go all the way back to Truk.
[center]
[/center]
[/center]- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16739
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
I finally got some peace and quiet here so got the turn off to Ted. Before I post it, I have a few questions that I'd been pondering while at work Wednesday:
I'm currently doing R&D on the A7M3-J. The factories are currently repaired to 11, 8, 7, 7, 7. Should I just keep going as I had currently planned or bite the bullet and change those factories to the A7M2? They would all reset but the A7M2 becomes operational September 1945 vs. January 1946 for the M3.
The N1K1 George is currently operational with the K2 becoming operational in September and the K5 operational around December. Should I build any K2s or just keep the K1 until the K5 comes out?
How long should I expect to keep the Tojo IIc (currently operational)?
Is it better to increase 1 factory by 30 or say, 5 factories by 6 each? The former takes longer but the latter completes in only 20% of the time. I know that statistically it's the same, but I was just curious what others thought. Typically, I increase 1 by 30.
I'm currently doing R&D on the A7M3-J. The factories are currently repaired to 11, 8, 7, 7, 7. Should I just keep going as I had currently planned or bite the bullet and change those factories to the A7M2? They would all reset but the A7M2 becomes operational September 1945 vs. January 1946 for the M3.
The N1K1 George is currently operational with the K2 becoming operational in September and the K5 operational around December. Should I build any K2s or just keep the K1 until the K5 comes out?
How long should I expect to keep the Tojo IIc (currently operational)?
Is it better to increase 1 factory by 30 or say, 5 factories by 6 each? The former takes longer but the latter completes in only 20% of the time. I know that statistically it's the same, but I was just curious what others thought. Typically, I increase 1 by 30.
Created by the amazing Dixie






