warspiteORIGINAL: devoncop
Warspite.
You are a dangerous man (living up to HMS Warspite herself). I had decided OAW IV would not be for me having read the convoluted stuff re timestamps etc and as I am deeply involved with FOG2 ......Now this superb AAR has me reaching for my battered post Christmas wallet.......great job. It is no fun watching an expert play flawlessly....much more fun watching someone learn through the odd "minor error" [;)]
How intuitive do you find the air war side?
Hi Devoncop, I think that the one real issue was the timestamp malarchy, and had it not been for the support received here, I recognise that I am probably too thick to have worked it out. [Small Gripe] Gamemakers really should pay more attention to this sort of thing when writing manuals. But as for how intuitive the rest of the game is, I'd say very. As for the air war, I mean its not like one is micro managing the air side. One sets the placement of the units, gives the orders, but the actual combat is under the hood and one can find units sent to support some combats and not others. But that is all fine - fog of war and all that.
I am just finding this game a whole bunch of fun - yes that is largely the subject matter (Western Desert 1940-43) but that would not be enough to keep me playing to this intensity; that I am is because this is just so much damn good fun!










