HELP!!!Please!

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
nimu
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Italy

HELP!!!Please!

Post by nimu »

I've done a mess!!!I was going arpund through the game.I wanted to take a look at the stalingrad campaign,to see how it was made the first scen.so i went in the "edit campaign" and clicked on the stalingrad one.I then clicked yhe first scen icon and...... :plufff,it's gone away,the word "o scenario" appears. i didn't save anything,but when i tried to go out and come back again the first scen was still gone!!Can anyone tell me how to take it back?It would be a terrible stupid loss!!!PLEASE!!!!
Thanks in advance :eek:
"out of ammo........God save the King"
Don
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Elk Grove, CA (near Sacramento)

Post by Don »

Just download it and install it over the messed up one! :)
Don "Sapper" Llewellyn
nimu
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Italy

Post by nimu »

thanks Don,but where can i download it?I mean the 1st scenario.
Thanks
"out of ammo........God save the King"
Don
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Elk Grove, CA (near Sacramento)

Post by Don »

I saw the author asking Tankhead and Fabio if he could post an patch to the campaign awhile back, so I thought that they had the campaign for d/l. On checking their sites, I see that all they have is the patch though. I would get ahold of Bryan Melvin and ask him if it is possible to replace the first scenario, since I'm not sure that it is even possible. WB could also help you.

Bryan Melvin: shmelbr@aol.com
Don "Sapper" Llewellyn
User avatar
Warrior
Posts: 1648
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2000 10:00 am
Location: West Palm Beach, FL USA

Post by Warrior »

Just reinstall the whole game.
Retreat is NOT an option.

Image
nimu
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Italy

Post by nimu »

Thanks guys,I'll try to e-mail Bryan Melvin.Anyway it is strange that without saving any changes the campaign got fixed like that,without the first scen.
I'll let u know ;)
"out of ammo........God save the King"
Figmo
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun May 28, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post by Figmo »

If you have any more trouble getting it - let me know and I'll zip it up and send it to you.

Figmo
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f
Wild Bill
Posts: 6428
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Smyrna, Ga, 30080

Post by Wild Bill »

Careful with the campaign editor, fellas! It is delicate territory and without the scenarios that make it up, deleting one means it is lost for good.

Now if could be it is still in the game but the master .dat file has somehow been changed.

But you know that now, Urquhart, so 'nuff said!..WB
Image
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
nimu
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Italy

Post by nimu »

Bryan Melvin e-mailed me the stalingrad patch that set it up!!!He's been very gentle(is this sounds good?don't know if it's the right word to say that!!!).Now everything is ok!!!Thanks Bryan,and thanks guys!!This forum make me feel in a new family where everyone helps each other:just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
"out of ammo........God save the King"
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”