Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

aaatoysandmore
Posts: 2846
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:35 pm

Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Another year has passed and still nothing on this title? What's up Iain?
User avatar
rico21
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:05 am

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by rico21 »

I do not like this game, it copies combat mission second of the name in less good. This game annoys me because it is difficult to master. The editor is designed for educated aliens. No further action is planned. The forum is dead.

This says if a sequel is planned it interests me then yes, no or shit.[:D]
User avatar
rico21
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:05 am

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by rico21 »

I hate this game. Two t-34s want to cross a bridge, the first pass, I knocked him down with my troops in ambush and the second one who was on the cover avenges his comrade destroyed by killing the responsible units then crosses the bridge quietly to go towards the point of victory. The AI is a real bitch.
If afterwards the Americans are not possible, can we have South Americans with AH?
And Cubans, could I have Cubans please?
User avatar
rico21
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:05 am

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by rico21 »

One could make a DLC in which Stalin would have followed AH in Colombia and founded the Pharcs and then Mussolini who is not dead would also be there and become Generalissimo of the Narcos.
No really, make an effort!
Rosseau
Posts: 2952
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:20 am

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by Rosseau »

While I hate to agree with Rico, Combat Mission makes this game obsolete. I do remember the huge, free patch they gave us, and I always appreciated that. But I've tried it on my Win 10 machine and it just doesn't cut it. One thing it did have was the ability to mod weapons and ammo characteristics. So if they came out with something bright and shiny, I would change my tune [;)]
User avatar
bairdlander2
Posts: 2391
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 am
Location: Toronto Ontario but living in Edmonton,Alberta

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Another year has passed and still nothing on this title? What's up Iain?
Probably because the first game sucked.
User avatar
Mobius
Posts: 10339
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: California
Contact:

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by Mobius »

Before Google changed the maps API you could easily make maps from anywhere on Earth. Panzer Command is a game of command. You take command of platoons and companies of men and tanks not as in some other tactical game of like level concerned with the placement of individual men.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
User avatar
rico21
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:05 am

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by rico21 »

This game is below the first three Combat Mission but it is above all the following ones. The AI is effective and especially its strong point is to be able to play the parts more quickly, thanks to its simplification, than in combat Mission. In addition to that I am suffering from the syndrome of and one more turn.
That's why I need to know if a sequel is planned.
Indeed I do not want to buy the suite and spend the rest of my life playing this game.
User avatar
Mobius
Posts: 10339
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: California
Contact:

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by Mobius »

There's always hope but no work is being done right now. I have made tank models for a Polish campaign but haven't done anything since my computer crashed.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
User avatar
rico21
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:05 am

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by rico21 »

I just finished your Golzow scenario.[&o]
What is the easiest way to make maps?
User avatar
rico21
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:05 am

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by rico21 »

Yesterday I played the Boot Camp introductory campaign which is very well done.[&o]
User avatar
rico21
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:05 am

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by rico21 »

Today, I play the first recommended scenario by the manual.[:)]
User avatar
Mobius
Posts: 10339
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: California
Contact:

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: rico21
I just finished your Golzow scenario.[&o]
What is the easiest way to make maps?

It is harder now because Google changed their API and you can't get shuttle radar topography mission (SRTM) elevation data to interface with the map image.
I don't know if you can get the mapmaker to make a gray scale map any more. But you can make your own gray scale elevation map. That you import into the map maker.
Then you can screen capture the same area from Google Earth. You then use a paint program to color the map with the palett of terrain colors.

Before mapmaker did this automatically I made maps by making a multi-level map drawing countour lines on it where I got the elevations from reading the GE elevation tool.
Then I filled the each contour with a shade of gray and blurred the image. That was a lot of work.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
User avatar
rico21
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:05 am

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by rico21 »

Thanks for infos, I'll try it!
aaatoysandmore
Posts: 2846
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:35 pm

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

I always found the ai in PC much better than any combat mission ones. That's why I like it so much. It's challenging though not as pretty as CM but I'll take gameplay any day over pretty. Bring on the West Front Version Iain; you promised. [&o]
User avatar
rico21
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:05 am

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by rico21 »

Dear Iain,
Why do not you set up a kickstarter system to finance new projects that are difficult to achieve otherwise.
This would not hurt the profitability of your business to provide the players we are the games we want to play.
Cheers,
User avatar
rico21
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:05 am

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by rico21 »

[:D]

Image

Image
Attachments
fs1a.jpg
fs1a.jpg (279.5 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
winterparas.jpg
winterparas.jpg (16.68 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
aaatoysandmore
Posts: 2846
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:35 pm

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Notice how Iain is ignoring us and this discussion? [:D]
User avatar
rico21
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:05 am

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by rico21 »

It's not possible, he has to be in holidays.
It's zakblood who is holding the shop.[:D]
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Any news on Panzer Command; West Front?

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys,

Iain is away this week and he's not involved in Panzer Command in any case. When you hear from Mobius above, he and Rick are the Panzer Command team and as far as I know they have hit some serious technical obstacles with the map tools as far as allowing the series to continue. If they are able to overcome those, perhaps we'll see another release, but otherwise Ostfront is the complete final release.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”