Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16743
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
24 Jul 43
Sub War
The I-17 caught a convoy off Victoria and sank an xAK while damaging another.
The I-28 has been sitting on the SLOC to the NE of Pearl Harbor. Unfortunately, an Allied ASW patrol caught and sank her. A replacement is already enroute.
SW of Kodiak, the I-159 sank an xAK bringing supplies to Dutch Harbor.
Down by Horn Island, the I-159 caught a TF of LSTs hauling fuel and sank two of them.
5 Fleet
Nothing to report.
4 Fleet
MKB2 (Junyo, Hiyo, Shoho, Zuiho, 168 aircraft) is supporting the invasion of Tabiteuea. All the pieces are moving into position.
SE Fleet
Today’s target: nothing! Either weather or Ted rested his bombers.
Ted has been using a new tactic lately: the disposable YMS. He sends them into my ports in small groups to clear mines. They succeed, but usually are sunk in the process by CD guns. He did it again today at Rabaul. Today, he sent two TFs in, one of 3 YMS and the other of 2 DMS and 2 YMS. A dozen Betties flying out of Truk went after the first (missing) and the second was beat up by CD guns. I don’t know what happened to the first, but I think only 1 DMS “survived” the CD guns because it was spotted (and missed) by a sub later in the day.
Gasmata is out of mines and will never get any more. Rabaul still has mines, but they’re dwindling rapidly with this new Allied tactic. I need to get more there. I did hear sinking sounds, so I suspect some of them did sink. I’ll find out from my wonderful intel in 6 months or so.
Ted did send 21 P-40Ks to Manas to go after my brand new Oscars. For the loss of 1 Oscar, they shot down 5 Warhawks. Not bad against a model that is obviously obsolete. I was hoping they’d meet some of the SBDs that frequent the place, but no, the Allied aren’t that accommodating.
SRA
Manila’s fort reached level 6. Now the bastion is 2/3 complete. Clark Field is also at level 6. The engineers are headed to Bataan to work on those forts.
Burma
China
Nothing to report.
Other Stuff
Reinforcements:
14 Naval Construction Battalion is being rebuilt.
RO-111 finished construction. This is nice because it frees up another 24 naval construction points for CV acceleration.
I’ve got 3 CVs accelerating, now roughly 2 of 3 each day. In about a week, I should be able to accelerate all 3 every day. I expect to get them in mid-September 43. I have this sneaky suspicion I’ll need them.
I also have Chitose and Chiyoda completing conversion to CVLs in a couple weeks and the other two around the same time as the CVs. That’s another 309 aircraft for (M)KB by mid-September.
Sub War
The I-17 caught a convoy off Victoria and sank an xAK while damaging another.
The I-28 has been sitting on the SLOC to the NE of Pearl Harbor. Unfortunately, an Allied ASW patrol caught and sank her. A replacement is already enroute.
SW of Kodiak, the I-159 sank an xAK bringing supplies to Dutch Harbor.
Down by Horn Island, the I-159 caught a TF of LSTs hauling fuel and sank two of them.
5 Fleet
Nothing to report.
4 Fleet
MKB2 (Junyo, Hiyo, Shoho, Zuiho, 168 aircraft) is supporting the invasion of Tabiteuea. All the pieces are moving into position.
SE Fleet
Today’s target: nothing! Either weather or Ted rested his bombers.
Ted has been using a new tactic lately: the disposable YMS. He sends them into my ports in small groups to clear mines. They succeed, but usually are sunk in the process by CD guns. He did it again today at Rabaul. Today, he sent two TFs in, one of 3 YMS and the other of 2 DMS and 2 YMS. A dozen Betties flying out of Truk went after the first (missing) and the second was beat up by CD guns. I don’t know what happened to the first, but I think only 1 DMS “survived” the CD guns because it was spotted (and missed) by a sub later in the day.
Gasmata is out of mines and will never get any more. Rabaul still has mines, but they’re dwindling rapidly with this new Allied tactic. I need to get more there. I did hear sinking sounds, so I suspect some of them did sink. I’ll find out from my wonderful intel in 6 months or so.
Ted did send 21 P-40Ks to Manas to go after my brand new Oscars. For the loss of 1 Oscar, they shot down 5 Warhawks. Not bad against a model that is obviously obsolete. I was hoping they’d meet some of the SBDs that frequent the place, but no, the Allied aren’t that accommodating.
SRA
Manila’s fort reached level 6. Now the bastion is 2/3 complete. Clark Field is also at level 6. The engineers are headed to Bataan to work on those forts.
Burma
China
Nothing to report.
Other Stuff
Reinforcements:
14 Naval Construction Battalion is being rebuilt.
RO-111 finished construction. This is nice because it frees up another 24 naval construction points for CV acceleration.
I’ve got 3 CVs accelerating, now roughly 2 of 3 each day. In about a week, I should be able to accelerate all 3 every day. I expect to get them in mid-September 43. I have this sneaky suspicion I’ll need them.
I also have Chitose and Chiyoda completing conversion to CVLs in a couple weeks and the other two around the same time as the CVs. That’s another 309 aircraft for (M)KB by mid-September.
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
That's how much I hate the Oscar after 1942.
Even the Ki-100 is better in my view,
OK, this Oscar/Tony argument goes on as usual. My point is the Ki-100 should not be available at this time. Let me explain, and Mike this is not meant to say anything against you as I doubt you're aware of the debate. At least from my point of view, and there are many that agree with this view. There's a 'wire chart' available which shows the progression of Japanese aircraft production. I maintain that in order to advance to the next model you must first complete the development of the preceding model along the path of the 'wire chart'. WRT to the Tony that means developing the Ki-67 model and all its versions before you get to start the development of the ki-100. Others, including some here disagree. I even opened a thread on this a while back.
In addition if you follow the wire chart the prospect of Tony development is reduced further. Why? You only have so many R&D locations available and many planes to attempt to develop.
So that being said you would be left with the Oscar. As I've said before I like the Oscar IIIa as a potential kami due to its range, I don't know the Frank's range offhand. Does this mean I'll build hundreds just for that purpose, no but I'll use what I have leftover for it. But that's my game and outlook.
the optimum strategy is to build the dedicated kami planes (Ki-115
I too like this thinking, but I give pause to the decisions based on what I read here. The ki-115 has a range of 5, which some say puts them way too close and subject to destruction on the ground. Which way to turn...[&:]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Ted has been using a new tactic lately: the disposable YMS. He sends them into my ports in small groups to clear mines.
I wouldn't worry too much about this as an identified minefield is pretty ineffective. In addition its been my experience if you include some minesweepers in your invasion fleet they do a rather good job in clearing a path. If the base is bombarded they'll get away fairly unscathed as well, especially if you include some BB's and CA's in that invasion TF. Unless of course you're up against say a Singers or Manila.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Can we get a recent screen shot of the greater Rabaul area, sir?
[center]
[/center]
[/center]- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16743
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Rusty, we're pretty laid back about things like upgrade paths. You're also right that mines don't cause a lot of damage, but I'll take what I can get:
Edit: Keep in mind that other ships were damaged by mines and then sunk by other means.

Edit: Keep in mind that other ships were damaged by mines and then sunk by other means.

- Attachments
-
- Mine.jpg (107.33 KiB) Viewed 367 times
Created by the amazing Dixie
-
mind_messing
- Posts: 3394
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:59 am
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
ORIGINAL: rustysi
That's how much I hate the Oscar after 1942.Even the Ki-100 is better in my view,
OK, this Oscar/Tony argument goes on as usual. My point is the Ki-100 should not be available at this time. Let me explain, and Mike this is not meant to say anything against you as I doubt you're aware of the debate. At least from my point of view, and there are many that agree with this view. There's a 'wire chart' available which shows the progression of Japanese aircraft production. I maintain that in order to advance to the next model you must first complete the development of the preceding model along the path of the 'wire chart'. WRT to the Tony that means developing the Ki-67 model and all its versions before you get to start the development of the ki-100. Others, including some here disagree. I even opened a thread on this a while back.
In addition if you follow the wire chart the prospect of Tony development is reduced further. Why? You only have so many R&D locations available and many planes to attempt to develop.
So that being said you would be left with the Oscar. As I've said before I like the Oscar IIIa as a potential kami due to its range, I don't know the Frank's range offhand. Does this mean I'll build hundreds just for that purpose, no but I'll use what I have leftover for it. But that's my game and outlook.
the optimum strategy is to build the dedicated kami planes (Ki-115
I too like this thinking, but I give pause to the decisions based on what I read here. The ki-115 has a range of 5, which some say puts them way too close and subject to destruction on the ground. Which way to turn...[&:]
I describe myself as a "game purist" in that if the game lets you do it, you can do it. It has its advantages and disadvantages, as does the opposite attitude. Play as you see fit!
Regarding the Ki-115 - there are absolutely better kami planes than the 115. However, the 115/Toka:
1. Can be used to upgrade kami training squadrons away from the semi-useless Stella/Willow to a practical air frame without exorbitant PP cost
2. Is not used for any other purpose by the IJA/IJN leaving other potential kami airframes (Judy, Peggy, Frances etc) to be used for conventional attacks.
3. The short range will be off-set by the fact that these aircraft should be targeting loaded amphib transports at an invasion site. Carrier hunting with kami's (and LBA in general) is always difficult and rarely successful.
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
tm.asp?m=4199401#
Here's a link to that thread I referred to if any of you should choose to read it.
Here's a link to that thread I referred to if any of you should choose to read it.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Regarding the Ki-115 - there are absolutely better kami planes than the 115. However, the 115/Toka:
1. Can be used to upgrade kami training squadrons away from the semi-useless Stella/Willow to a practical air frame without exorbitant PP cost
2. Is not used for any other purpose by the IJA/IJN leaving other potential kami airframes (Judy, Peggy, Frances etc) to be used for conventional attacks.
3. The short range will be off-set by the fact that these aircraft should be targeting loaded amphib transports at an invasion site. Carrier hunting with kami's (and LBA in general) is always difficult and rarely successful.
Thanks, I get all this, but just sayin'... You're well aware of all the decisions in this game and what the potential results may be.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16743
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
ORIGINAL: ny59giants_MatrixForum
Can we get a recent screen shot of the greater Rabaul area, sir?
The other carrier group is composed of Akagi, Kaga, Ryujo and Hosho.

- Attachments
-
- Rabaul.jpg (354.59 KiB) Viewed 367 times
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
I describe myself as a "game purist" in that if the game lets you do it, you can do it. It has its advantages and disadvantages, as does the opposite attitude. Play as you see fit!
Again, I agree, especially with the "Play as you see fit". All I'd like to point out is the code can't encompass everything or cover every occurrence. So I like to tread lightly. I mean did the DEVs even see the possibility of this happening WRT the 'wire chart'. Was it even conceived as possible? Did anyone even think to test for it before it was made available in the game? IOW. Did it slip through the cracks? For me at least as a Japaneses player its one limit I wish not to transgress. Again, 'a thousand players, a thousand ways to play'. Enjoy.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
ORIGINAL: ny59giants_MatrixForum
Can we get a recent screen shot of the greater Rabaul area, sir?
The other carrier group is composed of Akagi, Kaga, Ryujo and Hosho.
![]()
Mike if you can hang on as you stated 'til the end of the year in this area that would be pretty much the historical time frame. The Allies had just about everything up to (and including?) Wewak in this area by Jan '44. Of course minus Rabaul.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16743
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Great. Only 5 more months. [:(]
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16743
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
He does scatter when he sees my carriers though. [:D]
And he has no idea I'll have 3 more CVs and 4 more CVLs in 2 months. 309 more plane capacity.
And no, I don't want to know what he'll have. [:-]
And he has no idea I'll have 3 more CVs and 4 more CVLs in 2 months. 309 more plane capacity.

And no, I don't want to know what he'll have. [:-]
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16743
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
25 Jul 43
Sub War
It was a rough day for bubbleheads everywhere. I noticed an explosion of Allied TFs around Fiji and sent some subs to get more intel. Well, the I-175 got popped by DCs twice and is limping home with 44-64(36)-5(1)-0 damage.
Off Truk, the Stingray ate 2 DCs and limped away.
The RO-106, a hex SE of Rabaul, ate one DC for 24-31(20)-6(5)-0 damage and is heading home.
The I-172 got caught by an ASW TF and took one DC hit causing 5-31(27)-0-0 damage and is also heading home.
The Scamp was hit by a DC a few hexes SE of Soerabaja.
Finally, the I-35 caught another convoy off Victoria putting a torpedo into an xAK.
5 Fleet
Nothing to report.
4 Fleet
Still moving into position.
SE Fleet
Rabaul was hit, first by 6 CAs, then by practically the whole Allied bomber inventory. Only 37 Japanese fighters were available to oppose them. [:(] When it was all said and done, each side lost 7 fighters along with 5 Allied bombers shot down. Not good.
Hollandia was hit by a P-47 sweep, losing 1 George for 3 P-47s.
Manus was swept by 6 P-40Ks and defended by 24 Oscar IIIas, losing an Oscar to 2 P-40s. Really? [8|]
Base damage:
Manus: 100-61-0, service down 18
Kavieng: 95-100-92, trashed,
Rabaul: 44-66-81, trashed,
SRA
Burma
China
Nothing to report.
Other Stuff
Reinforcement: 83 Naval Guard rebuilt, will go to SE Fleet area.
Sub War
It was a rough day for bubbleheads everywhere. I noticed an explosion of Allied TFs around Fiji and sent some subs to get more intel. Well, the I-175 got popped by DCs twice and is limping home with 44-64(36)-5(1)-0 damage.
Off Truk, the Stingray ate 2 DCs and limped away.
The RO-106, a hex SE of Rabaul, ate one DC for 24-31(20)-6(5)-0 damage and is heading home.
The I-172 got caught by an ASW TF and took one DC hit causing 5-31(27)-0-0 damage and is also heading home.
The Scamp was hit by a DC a few hexes SE of Soerabaja.
Finally, the I-35 caught another convoy off Victoria putting a torpedo into an xAK.
5 Fleet
Nothing to report.
4 Fleet
Still moving into position.
SE Fleet
Rabaul was hit, first by 6 CAs, then by practically the whole Allied bomber inventory. Only 37 Japanese fighters were available to oppose them. [:(] When it was all said and done, each side lost 7 fighters along with 5 Allied bombers shot down. Not good.
Hollandia was hit by a P-47 sweep, losing 1 George for 3 P-47s.
Manus was swept by 6 P-40Ks and defended by 24 Oscar IIIas, losing an Oscar to 2 P-40s. Really? [8|]
Base damage:
Manus: 100-61-0, service down 18
Kavieng: 95-100-92, trashed,
Rabaul: 44-66-81, trashed,
SRA
Burma
China
Nothing to report.
Other Stuff
Reinforcement: 83 Naval Guard rebuilt, will go to SE Fleet area.
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16743
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
26 Jul 43
Sub War
5 Fleet
Nothing to report.
4 Fleet
Right off the bat, something hit a mine and sank. Probably a throw away YMS.
KB2 is hovering around Tabiteuea with orders for naval attack then ground attack. There was no Allied shipping in the area, so they went after the troops, hitting the 821 Engineer Aviation Battalion. Nice air intel.
SE Fleet
Rabaul was trashed again. This time only 15 Japanese fighters flew but they did the job (as best they could). For a loss of 5, they shot down 9 fighters and 2 bombers, but only a drop in the Allied bomber bucket.
Four more YMS cleared 49 mines at the cost of heavy fires and damage to them all. I’m sending in a single CM to try and drop some more mines there. She’ll arrive tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed that she makes it back out.
SRA
Burma
China
Nothing to report.
Other Stuff
Reinforcements:
RO-38, freed up another 26 naval shipbuilding points, yay!
4 Air Army HQ, 8 Area Army, not sure where I’ll sent this unit.
79 JAAF AF Unit, Southern Army
Sub War
5 Fleet
Nothing to report.
4 Fleet
Right off the bat, something hit a mine and sank. Probably a throw away YMS.
KB2 is hovering around Tabiteuea with orders for naval attack then ground attack. There was no Allied shipping in the area, so they went after the troops, hitting the 821 Engineer Aviation Battalion. Nice air intel.
SE Fleet
Rabaul was trashed again. This time only 15 Japanese fighters flew but they did the job (as best they could). For a loss of 5, they shot down 9 fighters and 2 bombers, but only a drop in the Allied bomber bucket.
Four more YMS cleared 49 mines at the cost of heavy fires and damage to them all. I’m sending in a single CM to try and drop some more mines there. She’ll arrive tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed that she makes it back out.
SRA
Burma
China
Nothing to report.
Other Stuff
Reinforcements:
RO-38, freed up another 26 naval shipbuilding points, yay!
4 Air Army HQ, 8 Area Army, not sure where I’ll sent this unit.
79 JAAF AF Unit, Southern Army
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16743
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
27 Jul 43
Sub War
5 Fleet
Nothing to report.
4 Fleet
An Allied TF arrived at Tabiteuea composed of 2 APAs and 2 DDs! My carriers attacked it twice sinking one APA and heavily damaging the second and putting a 500kg bomb into one of the DDs. They were loaded. I’ll find out tomorrow it was the 5 Marine Defense Battalion and (according to intel) some 40 support and 30 guns were destroyed. Banzai!
The cost was a single Judy.
SE Fleet
The CM successfully dropped 150 mines at Rabaul and got out of Dodge! Yay!
The rest of my carriers had been sneaking around to the east of Rabaul to try and catch some Allied ships at various bases but the ships skedaddled. I veered too close to Buna and the planes there launched an attack against me. I had unintentionally set up a CAP trap using my carriers. The attack was 12 SBDs escorted by 13 Wildcats and 12 Corsairs. I had 112 various models of Zeros defending. For no loss, I shot down 10 Wildcats, 5 Corsairs and all the Dauntlesses. I also gained 5 new elite pilots. Banzai!
Today, Manus was the primary target of the Allied bombers. The Oscars there were worthless.
Damage:
Manas: 100-80-98
Kavieng: 98-100-64
Rabaul: 44-88-96
Talasea: 0-100-43
Sigh [:(]
SRA
A TK hauling oil took a sub torpedo in the Balikpapan straights. She’ll sink tomorrow. [:@]
Burma
Nothing to report.
China
Working over another isolated Chinese Corps. This one is at near full strength but no supply.
Other Stuff
Reinforcement: E Tsushima, Etorofu class ASW vessel
Sub War
5 Fleet
Nothing to report.
4 Fleet
An Allied TF arrived at Tabiteuea composed of 2 APAs and 2 DDs! My carriers attacked it twice sinking one APA and heavily damaging the second and putting a 500kg bomb into one of the DDs. They were loaded. I’ll find out tomorrow it was the 5 Marine Defense Battalion and (according to intel) some 40 support and 30 guns were destroyed. Banzai!
The cost was a single Judy.
SE Fleet
The CM successfully dropped 150 mines at Rabaul and got out of Dodge! Yay!
The rest of my carriers had been sneaking around to the east of Rabaul to try and catch some Allied ships at various bases but the ships skedaddled. I veered too close to Buna and the planes there launched an attack against me. I had unintentionally set up a CAP trap using my carriers. The attack was 12 SBDs escorted by 13 Wildcats and 12 Corsairs. I had 112 various models of Zeros defending. For no loss, I shot down 10 Wildcats, 5 Corsairs and all the Dauntlesses. I also gained 5 new elite pilots. Banzai!
Today, Manus was the primary target of the Allied bombers. The Oscars there were worthless.
Damage:
Manas: 100-80-98
Kavieng: 98-100-64
Rabaul: 44-88-96
Talasea: 0-100-43
Sigh [:(]
SRA
A TK hauling oil took a sub torpedo in the Balikpapan straights. She’ll sink tomorrow. [:@]
Burma
Nothing to report.
China
Working over another isolated Chinese Corps. This one is at near full strength but no supply.
Other Stuff
Reinforcement: E Tsushima, Etorofu class ASW vessel
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16743
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
28 Jul 43
Sub War
The only thing of note was the triton being hit by a depth charge off Truk.
5 Fleet
Nothing to report.
4 Fleet
I see the one surviving DD (and possibly the badly damaged APA and DD) scurrying east from Tabiteuea (away from my carriers). My carriers are a few hexes west. My invasion fleet finally is in range and will land tomorrow.
SE Fleet
My two groups of carriers found a small TF at Buka and launched 18 Kates, 13 Jills and 27 Judies finding two xAPs. One sank and the other ate 2x 500kg bombs and wasn’t happy when the planes left. I lost a single Jill and pilot. Immediately after, I heard sinking sounds. That xAP or maybe one of the beat up ships from Tabiteuea? Not sure.
Ted spread his bombers around today.
Manas: 100-80-96
Kavieng: 98-100-90
Rabaul: 44-96-97
Talasea: 0-100-36
SRA
Burma
Nothing to report.
China
My army is finally moving in to Chungking. There is some 200k troops including 100k infantry. There are some 640k starving Chinese. Tomorrow, I’ll put all my bombers on Chungking to beat up the infantry more. By the way, I have >1600 guns in the army. I’m planning on bombarding for a while. No real hurry. My goal is to liberate Chungking before the end of the year.
Other Stuff
Reinforcement: Sasebo Ku T-2, Kates, 12 Air Flotilla, training.
The Ki-43-IV R&D advanced to 5/45 (will become operational 2/44). There are 4x30 R&D factories.
Sub War
The only thing of note was the triton being hit by a depth charge off Truk.
5 Fleet
Nothing to report.
4 Fleet
I see the one surviving DD (and possibly the badly damaged APA and DD) scurrying east from Tabiteuea (away from my carriers). My carriers are a few hexes west. My invasion fleet finally is in range and will land tomorrow.
SE Fleet
My two groups of carriers found a small TF at Buka and launched 18 Kates, 13 Jills and 27 Judies finding two xAPs. One sank and the other ate 2x 500kg bombs and wasn’t happy when the planes left. I lost a single Jill and pilot. Immediately after, I heard sinking sounds. That xAP or maybe one of the beat up ships from Tabiteuea? Not sure.
Ted spread his bombers around today.
Manas: 100-80-96
Kavieng: 98-100-90
Rabaul: 44-96-97
Talasea: 0-100-36
SRA
Burma
Nothing to report.
China
My army is finally moving in to Chungking. There is some 200k troops including 100k infantry. There are some 640k starving Chinese. Tomorrow, I’ll put all my bombers on Chungking to beat up the infantry more. By the way, I have >1600 guns in the army. I’m planning on bombarding for a while. No real hurry. My goal is to liberate Chungking before the end of the year.
Other Stuff
Reinforcement: Sasebo Ku T-2, Kates, 12 Air Flotilla, training.
The Ki-43-IV R&D advanced to 5/45 (will become operational 2/44). There are 4x30 R&D factories.
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
Most Excellent! Victory point score?
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
And no, I don't want to know what he'll have.
Actually he only gets one more Essex by the end of the year, so you should be good until then. Provided you keep the KB intact.[:'(]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
RE: Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)
I’m sending in a single CM to try and drop some more mines there. She’ll arrive tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed that she makes it back out.
Mike, do you still have the 4 sub mine-layers that you start the game with? They could make it in and out. They'll each drop 40 eggs if you have the inventory.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche
Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb


