H2H - no message box

New Recruits check in here! Vets debate the fine points! Tactics discussion, FAQ and "how-to" help.
If you are new to the SP:WaW community post an introduction please!

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
Berserk
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat May 10, 2003 5:51 pm
Location: Denmark

H2H - no message box

Post by Berserk »

When playing H2H, I have no message box when firing or being fired at.

I only see the lower frame of the box to the top of my screen.

I'm n ot sure if that is intended. If not, could someone tell me how to fix this?
Image
User avatar
rbrunsman
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rbrunsman »

It's intended. After all, no one is going to yell across no-man's land, "He Jerry, that was a nice shot. You just took out Joe! Let me know how you like this one... bang bang bang!"

You don't get any casualty reports in H2H.
Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom
Capt Chris
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:00 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Contact:

Post by Capt Chris »

I think I need to really start using H2H. That is one feature that I don't really like in stock 7.1.
Capt Chris

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"
Berserk
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat May 10, 2003 5:51 pm
Location: Denmark

Thanks RMAN

Post by Berserk »

.
Image
User avatar
Belisarius
Posts: 3099
Joined: Sat May 26, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Post by Belisarius »

Originally posted by Capt Chris
I think I need to really start using H2H. That is one feature that I don't really like in stock 7.1.


Yes, you do. :) C'mon, jooooin ussss Kaptin.....
Image
Got StuG?
Toontje
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:15 am
Location: The Netherlands

Post by Toontje »

I did receive casualty reports from arty fire tho. Not infantry, but AVF hits.
User avatar
chief
Posts: 1617
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Haines City FL, USA

Post by chief »

Toontje: I believe that if you have LOS to target you'll get reports, but not if you don't have LOS. It goes on the assumption that you'd see the AFV brew up but not necessarily the infantry.
In H2H its designed that way so that you can not use artillery for recon work. HTH
"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief
Toontje
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:15 am
Location: The Netherlands

Post by Toontje »

I didn't spot one of them before and that one is behind a hill (suspected fire), and another one might be spotted altrough it's behind smoke.

Not that AVF hit occur often using arty, so usually it ought to be no problem. Just noticed it because it was 2 in 1 turn.

Come to think of it, those 2 are hits from <25 arty-AVF hits from indirect fire.
Capt. Pixel
Posts: 1178
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Tucson, AZ

Post by Capt. Pixel »

Originally posted by chief
Toontje: I believe that if you have LOS to target you'll get reports, but not if you don't have LOS. It goes on the assumption that you'd see the AFV brew up but not necessarily the infantry.
In H2H its designed that way so that you can not use artillery for recon work. HTH


This is one of the key reasons that I prefer H2H. No arty reconn.

But you still get some reconn. If there are a large number of casualties being caused by the indirect round, the information bar at the bottom of the screen will 'roll up' several more steps than normal (one step for each casualty reported). On my slower machine, there'll also be a delay as the program reports enemy casualties.

The 'ka-ping' sound caused by hits on hidden enemy armor still happens, too, as do full reports of hidden armor kills.

You may not know exactly what is getting damaged (as in 7.1) but you still can get some information. :cool:
"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson
Post Reply

Return to “SP:WaW Training Center”