Arg! How do I deactivate auto-notification feature?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
BillBrown
Posts: 2335
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 3:55 am

RE: Arg! How do I deactivate auto-notification feature?

Post by BillBrown »

I am now ignoring this thread.
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20773
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: Arg! How do I deactivate auto-notification feature?

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

"Kenneth, what is the frequency?"
The frequency of my bathroom breaks is classified!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33594
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: Arg! How do I deactivate auto-notification feature?

Post by Orm »

What is the difference between "ignoring this thread" and "disregarding this thread"?

Can you disregard it, but at he same time not ignore it? Or ignore it but not disregard it?
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20773
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: Arg! How do I deactivate auto-notification feature?

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Orm

What is the difference between "ignoring this thread" and "disregarding this thread"?

Can you disregard it, but at he same time not ignore it? Or ignore it but not disregard it?
Well, to disregard it you have to turn your back on it and not look at it, but to ignore it you have to read it and then point your nose up at the sky and pretend it is beneath your dignity to mention it further. So far, I am failing at both ...



Image
Attachments
MandrillFacepalm.jpg
MandrillFacepalm.jpg (56.79 KiB) Viewed 337 times
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
RichardAckermann
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:07 pm

RE: Arg! How do I deactivate auto-notification feature?

Post by RichardAckermann »

Disregarding is a more delicate task in my view, as you need to carefully read every word in order to properly execute the command to disregard the content during the course of your further life.

Thus, I highly recommend to ignore any request to disregard.
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: Arg! How do I deactivate auto-notification feature?

Post by USSAmerica »

If you choose not to regard you still have made a choice. [8D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Yaab
Posts: 5617
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Poland

RE: Arg! How do I deactivate auto-notification feature?

Post by Yaab »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

While posting a few weeks ago, I accidentally clicked "Notify me via e-mail when someone replies."

Now my inbox is filled with unnecessary notices.

I've searched and searched for how to deactivate this feature, but haven't found a solution. Do any of you gents know? Please? <whimper>

Maybe the quality of the posts is the real issue?
User avatar
Orm
Posts: 33594
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm
Location: Sweden

RE: Arg! How do I deactivate auto-notification feature?

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

While posting a few weeks ago, I accidentally clicked "Notify me via e-mail when someone replies."

Now my inbox is filled with unnecessary notices.

I've searched and searched for how to deactivate this feature, but haven't found a solution. Do any of you gents know? Please? <whimper>

Maybe the quality of the posts is the real issue?
Perhaps so. The quality of the posts here are so high that it astonishes me that the forum hasn't got any literature prizes yet. Although there are some that lack the eloquence that I find in most of the posts.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned. - Quote from Firefly
Zorch
Posts: 7087
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm

RE: Arg! How do I deactivate auto-notification feature?

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: Yaab

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

While posting a few weeks ago, I accidentally clicked "Notify me via e-mail when someone replies."

Now my inbox is filled with unnecessary notices.

I've searched and searched for how to deactivate this feature, but haven't found a solution. Do any of you gents know? Please? <whimper>

Maybe the quality of the posts is the real issue?
Perhaps so. The quality of the posts here are so high that it astonishes me that the forum hasn't got any literature prizes yet. Although there are some that lack the eloquence that I find in most of the posts.
Hemingway or Slaackman?
User avatar
BBfanboy
Posts: 20773
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

RE: Arg! How do I deactivate auto-notification feature?

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: Yaab




Maybe the quality of the posts is the real issue?
Perhaps so. The quality of the posts here are so high that it astonishes me that the forum hasn't got any literature prizes yet. Although there are some that lack the eloquence that I find in most of the posts.
Hemingway or Slaackman?
It seems any Swedish author nominated should come from this list:

https://sweden.se/culture-traditions/10 ... ead-books/

I can relate to books # 5 "Everything I Don’t Remember" and # 10 " The Serious Game". Both titles describe my WITP-AE experiences.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
User avatar
rustysi
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am
Location: LI, NY

RE: Arg! How do I deactivate auto-notification feature?

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: dcpollay

ORIGINAL: btd64

Another thread to disregard. Oh my....GP
No, you're doing it wrong! He said to ignore it, not disregard it!
Get with the plan and do it right![:-]

[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
User avatar
rustysi
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 am
Location: LI, NY

RE: Arg! How do I deactivate auto-notification feature?

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

ORIGINAL: Orm

What is the difference between "ignoring this thread" and "disregarding this thread"?

Can you disregard it, but at he same time not ignore it? Or ignore it but not disregard it?
Well, to disregard it you have to turn your back on it and not look at it, but to ignore it you have to read it and then point your nose up at the sky and pretend it is beneath your dignity to mention it further. So far, I am failing at both ...



Image


That's a great pic. Yet another classic.[8D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”