I'm curious to see that old post says.
Me too, I haven't had a chance to read much of it yet.
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
I'm curious to see that old post says.
[/center]ORIGINAL: ny59giants_MatrixForum
Tokyo to Truk - I set the TFs to coastal and set my ASW accordingly. This way there is minimum deep ocean hexes.
An LST convoy south of Lunga drove over the I-170 and I-171. Each sub took out an LST.
The I-33 sank an xAKL south of Merauke on a supply mission.
She launched 4 torpedoes (that’s all the tubes she has) and hit the Independence with one of them.
later in the afternoon, she found an LST TF shipping supply to Manus and sank one.
Another Japanese large xAK was torpedoed off Takao. She’ll sink tomorrow. This is becoming a dangerous spot. I’ve moved around my ASW forces (air and sea), but it doesn’t seem to matter.
ORIGINAL: rustysi
An LST convoy south of Lunga drove over the I-170 and I-171. Each sub took out an LST.The I-33 sank an xAKL south of Merauke on a supply mission.She launched 4 torpedoes (that’s all the tubes she has) and hit the Independence with one of them.later in the afternoon, she found an LST TF shipping supply to Manus and sank one.
Death by a 1000 cuts.[:D]
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
The Ki-43-IV R&D advanced to 12/44 (will become operational 2/44).
The Ki-84r R&D advanced to 3/45 (will become operational 2/44).
ORIGINAL: ElvisDaKing
ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
The Ki-43-IV R&D advanced to 12/44 (will become operational 2/44).
The Ki-84r R&D advanced to 3/45 (will become operational 2/44).
Hi Mike
May I ask you why you are still investing R&D for Ki-43 Oscar as you have already Ki-100 Tony operating as a sr1 fighter to support your Ki-84 Frank groups...
I know that there s 2 opposing ‘schools’, one in favour of Oscar and the other one in favour of Tony, but don t understand why you want to have both of them.
Re : I have R&Ded Ki-43 Oscar upto IIIa because of its range, its 250kg bomb and its armour, but then stopped and converted the Oscar R&D for Ki-83.
Ki 43 IV Oscar has nice 20mm canons but his durability is too low which makes it useless as an interceptor, especially against allied 4E.
Ki 43 Oscar can be useful as an Escort fighter and as a kamikaze plane, so IIIa seems to be best model with its longest range...
Nice to see also Ki-84r be advanced for production in 2/44
Question : Are you also R&Ding the Ki 84b ? and if so what would be its planned production date...
Investing heavily in Ki 84a, I start production in Aug 43 and upgraded 5 R&D factories to K-84r, so the Ki 84r will be available well before the Ki-84b...
I am wondering, if it s worth to invest R&D for the Ki-84b....