ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon
i like those tiller 3d graphics, i think i only ever like to play the tiller games with the 3d miniatures graphics - without this, the feel of the period it is set in is lost a little and everything looks like just a ww2/cold war setting
You haven't seen my Cold War stuff, then...

(kidding -well sorta -- I mean I go for a different look in those and re-did the recent Gold updates because frankly, they looked too samey to me (which I guess is a little ironic).
- the dual artist amalgamation stuff I don't think worked as well, but they wanted to use some of the work that they had already paid for - it won't be exactly the same as that going forward in the series, also keep in mind, that in a perfect world there'd be enough space on the counter to pull off a decent looking silhouette (maybe something like the GMT or older SPI Civil War titles - but with the limited amount of pixels I wouldn't even bother trying to. Also ideally, if someone says get me another set of larger 2D graphics (not saying that it will ever be asked for -- but, it can be done on my end pretty easily).
... anyways more to the point, all of our 3D artists pretty much dropped the ball. I wasn't even supposed to have done any of the artwork myself, although it did not work that way. If I had had more time to work with Joe on this, I am pretty sure I could have pulled it off. I was going to go for a little larger scale than they were previously using -- like say maybe comparable to 25mm figures on a table whereas before in other titles by JTS it might have looked like 10mm or smaller. And that was really all about the detail and resizing I was able to get. I will have to see if I have an image of some of the figures somewhere and post them. Personally in actual miniatures I am probably more of a 6mm player... but that doesn't really count when talking about computer graphics.
I sort of joke that I might have to learn to work within 3D (and who knows, but maybe it will happen) ... not for awhile though, as they got me doing other things (other than art or graphics coordination too).