The Japanese seem to be missing more then half their para units. I found the 1st Raider Regt but not the 2nd (It was a division sized unit and both regt landed Palembang Feb 42 although there was not enough transport to land the entire unit at once. Where are the IJN paras?
Morning Russ. You'll eventually get 3 or 4 IJA para regiments in the first year or so. More later. Check your reinforcements. For the IJN, pull up your land units and filter for IJN and infantry. In the left hand column, scan them for INFp or something like that. Those are your para units.
Hi, Mike there should be 2 Regt IJA and 3 Special Air Landing Units IJN before feb 42 (when they actually jumped) and then you need time to move them and get their prep points up. Over 12k Japanese had been trained before the war began. Now transports is another matter. There were never enough to move everyone at once. And then there were 3 glider units.
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Hi, Mike there should be 2 Regt IJA and 3 Special Air Landing Units IJN before feb 42 (when they actually jumped) and then you need time to move them and get their prep points up. Over 12k Japanese had been trained before the war began. Now transports is another matter. There were never enough to move everyone at once.
Most of the time they don't really need prep against early Allied units.
Something that's essential to remember about the landing bonus too is that no troops need prep to land anywhere in the first months
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
ORIGINAL: mogami
The Japanese seem to be missing more then half their para units. I found the 1st Raider Regt but not the 2nd (It was a division sized unit and both regt landed Palembang Feb 42 although there was not enough transport to land the entire unit at once. Where are the IJN paras?
1st, 2nd and 3rd Yokosuka SNLF were all Para units. I cannot locate them.
1st and 3rd Yokosuka SNLF are at Kagi in Stock 1 scenario. 2nd Regt will arrive in Jan 42.
You can easily find available paras by looking on infantry units in "List all ground units" screen and sorting by type, they are INFp at the bottom
Hi, Dec 19th. It is like WITP in slow motion. Except for the Chinese they are moving all over the place. I am still unloading in Malaya and PI. The torpedo with the most hits but no explosion are my ariel torpedos. 2 Little Wildebeests in PI sank a ship every day till I sent Zeros after them and shot them down. Definitely cannot fly missions in SRA with unescorted bombers. But so far I am impressed indeed. [&o]
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Welcome back. I am relatively new but I have looked at some of the old threads.
Remember, the manual has not been updated with the changes. I believe that someone started doing so (Alfred?, maybe) but only went so far and I don't know if it has been published.
I have basically only played allied and the computer always surrenders in 1943. Capturing Canton and Hong Kong with the Chinese by May 1942 does not help the Japs. Nor does pulling the units out of Malaya to Palembang help them either. Surrounding the Japs and destroying them on Luzon does not help them either. But then, the Japanese AI plays stupidly.
Here is a link to "Taking Singapore by Dec 31, 1941 with no shock attack "
Hi, Dec 19th. It is like WITP in slow motion. Except for the Chinese they are moving all over the place. I am still unloading in Malaya and PI. The torpedo with the most hits but no explosion are my ariel torpedos. 2 Little Wildebeests in PI sank a ship every day till I sent Zeros after them and shot them down. Definitely cannot fly missions in SRA with unescorted bombers. But so far I am impressed indeed. [&o]
HI essssseee except it is not the same. Play a few games of WITP and then try to do the same trick in AE They are the same. Exactly the same as Charlie Daniels and any classical violinist. The same in every way except in every way. Oh why do I bother?
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Oh crap I didn't realize this was my ARR. Well excuse me. I still have many things to learn. But and this is a rather large but, I will figure it out Like maybe you are not really making fun of the game at all? Maybe you are mocking me?[X(]
well in that case[X(] you got me. Your the very first person who ever got me. If you don't count all the others. If I was sober I would think of something to say/ (right don't believe him, he is even denser when sober) Oh what is that a goat..
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
I think that stuff about an AAR was encouragement to keep writing it, even when it becomes a chore. Lots of players start out with good intentions of writing a regular AAR and find that they can't make the time commitment. Mike Soli is suggesting that the advice you get from readers is more than worth the time it takes to keep up the AAR.
You don't have to post every combat report, just draw a picture of what is going on with screenshots of maps and a bit of description, and offer your plans for the next while. Only major battles require any kind of analysis of the reports.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
I think that stuff about an AAR was encouragement to keep writing it, even when it becomes a chore. Lots of players start out with good intentions of writing a regular AAR and find that they can't make the time commitment. Mike Soli is suggesting that the advice you get from readers is more than worth the time it takes to keep up the AAR.
You don't have to post every combat report, just draw a picture of what is going on with screenshots of maps and a bit of description, and offer your plans for the next while. Only major battles require any kind of analysis of the reports.
Right! What I am doing is attaching the combat report to each turn's AAR post but not displaying it, it takes only a second and that way anyone who wants to look at the details can do that, but the rest are not bothered needing to scroll through the whole thing. Selected battles I put in the text.
I think that stuff about an AAR was encouragement to keep writing it, even when it becomes a chore. Lots of players start out with good intentions of writing a regular AAR and find that they can't make the time commitment. Mike Soli is suggesting that the advice you get from readers is more than worth the time it takes to keep up the AAR.
You don't have to post every combat report, just draw a picture of what is going on with screenshots of maps and a bit of description, and offer your plans for the next while. Only major battles require any kind of analysis of the reports.
Right! What I am doing is attaching the combat report to each turn's AAR post but not displaying it, it takes only a second and that way anyone who wants to look at the details can do that, but the rest are not bothered needing to scroll through the whole thing. Selected battles I put in the text.
+1
Putting the whole Combat report inside the post makes reading and keeping up with difficult. Adding it as attachment is much better.
EDIT: I am not complaining or telling you [mogami] how to do stuff. It is just my reader's perspective.
I do not know what is scarier: that I do understand nothing of this demonic script or that I am starting to see the demons that it evokes.
Me, studying for a PHD entry exam in Applied Mathematics.
I think that stuff about an AAR was encouragement to keep writing it, even when it becomes a chore. Lots of players start out with good intentions of writing a regular AAR and find that they can't make the time commitment. Mike Soli is suggesting that the advice you get from readers is more than worth the time it takes to keep up the AAR.
You don't have to post every combat report, just draw a picture of what is going on with screenshots of maps and a bit of description, and offer your plans for the next while. Only major battles require any kind of analysis of the reports.
Right! What I am doing is attaching the combat report to each turn's AAR post but not displaying it, it takes only a second and that way anyone who wants to look at the details can do that, but the rest are not bothered needing to scroll through the whole thing. Selected battles I put in the text.
Hi, So I am at the end of Dec 41. Time to restart and see what I can improve. PI Manila is being approached from all sides with many Allied units cut off from access there. (I will do a few more turn to see if they surrender when forced to retreat but cut off from other bases) In Malaya 5 div have sliced up the area hopefully many enemy units will not be able to reach Singapore. Singapore airfields need more attention. In China I have repulsed Chinese forward movements but other then securing the coast have not made any offensive movements into enemy held cities. This has required commiting southern area units into china. Next game I will pay more attention to South Pac. USN CV raided the area very successfully since there is nothing that can oppose them. (they can get in and out before KB can intervene. I tried and only got 1 transport in exchange for sys damage and running out of fuel) It seems on turn 1 you should decide what you need to keep and then send every transport/Tanker back home before enemy subs move in. By end of second week enemy subs are all over and while they do miss they do hit often enough that running them out of torpedos is not a viable strategy
Do you need to load the CVE with the Claude's to upgrade them back in Japan? The upgrade they show is more Claude's They cannot oppose the enemy CV raid. They cannot escort and they cannot prevent so they might as well not be present.
At first the pace seems really slow but then you see that 3 weeks to slice Mayala and PI is not slow. I will not even commit some AC to combat. (Off to China with you)
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Hi, This time I have concentrated on TF movement, Pilot training, Production and movement of oil/resources About ready to do a full scale trial (this game I ignored China and South Pacific because they take a lot of time and are just details.
Admittedly I do not expect these results against a human
AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Dec 30, 41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TF 35 encounters mine field at Bataan (78,77)
Japanese Ships
DMS W-18
DMS W-17
DMS W-16
DMS W-15
Allied ground losses:
8908 casualties reported
Squads: 387 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 1059 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 28 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 162 (162 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Vehicles lost 206 (206 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units destroyed 6
Assaulting units:
Defending units:
41st PA Infantry Division
71st PA Infantry Division
Manila USAAF Base Force
Cavite USN Base Force
Asiatic Fleet
South Luzon Force
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Cabanatuan (80,76)
Japanese Shock attack
Attacking force 13998 troops, 137 guns, 131 vehicles, Assault Value = 502
Defending force 2139 troops, 51 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 97
Defending units:
1st PA Constabulary Regiment
26th PS Cavalry Regiment
31st PA Infantry Division
194th Tank Battalion
192nd Tank Battalion
2nd PA Constabulary Regiment
1st PI Base Force
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground combat at Iba (78,75)
Allied Bombardment attack
Attacking force 2790 troops, 35 guns, 266 vehicles, Assault Value = 393
Defending force 12677 troops, 228 guns, 240 vehicles, Assault Value = 368
Assaulting units:
31st PA Infantry Division
26th PS Cavalry Regiment
192nd Tank Battalion
194th Tank Battalion
1st PA Constabulary Regiment
2nd PA Constabulary Regiment
1st PI Base Force
Defending units:
50k enemy on Bataan
9k Iba
Luzon is almost complete
I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!